AAAARGH Hold On Im NOT in Ketosis?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Naturally_Stush, 24 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Naturally_Stush

Naturally_Stush Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The Ketostix just tested negative? WHY OH WHY? It was pink this morn?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

how much water have you drank? water dilutes it down thats why the best time to test is the morning. your still in ketosis its just not showing :)

4. lizzylee

lizzylee Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    oh i just tested mine and it was very pale pink, the amount of water i have drunk would explain that then, thanks!

5. Naturally_Stush

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well ive had 3litres so far... Its not even registering as trace? Its NEGATIVE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

6. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

thats why the water..do it in the morn and it will be in the pink :)

7. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    your best time to test is in the morning, if you were in ketosis this morning and you only had your packs and water you are still in ketosis, just they are diluted down now with the water so that they dont register :)

8. Naturally_Stush

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ohhhh i feel so crap about the whole thing, this week has been sooo bloody unpredictable.

Im Baffled.

9. xdebzx

xdebzx Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge SS
    take it one day at a time hun, you are doing great.

debs x

10. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    My sticks rarely show more than a trace of pink, first thing. After all the water & packs, plus tea/coffee etc its so dilute theres nothing at all to show.

You are doing fine, exactly as you should be. If you dont cheat, and you follow Cd to the letter, the ketosis fairy is at your house!!!! Honest!!

11. spooky

spooky Banned

Ketostix will normally only show up pink on your first wee of the day. The water you drink dilutes the ketones so much that they don't register. Just because you have a negative result does not mean you are not losing weight.
    If you have the other signs of ketosis (bad breath and/or cold hands/feet) then don't worry about what the stix say.

12. samsmummy

samsmummy Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thanks for clearing that up for me i didn't know that it's best to test your wee 1st thing in morning also was giving a couple of the sticks were can i purchase them:confused: hope every one is doing well have a good day xxx:talk017:

13. SuffolkGuy

SuffolkGuy Full Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    I purchased mine from my local pharmacy - and they were cheaper than online!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.