Aaah! What should I take with me on a full day out?

goodbyeflab

I love fruit and veg. ;)
Tomorrow I am going to Alton Towers with my friends and it's going to be a early 5am start until about 12am! I know I am going to be tempted by the icecreams, hotdogs, chips etc so I need to bring a lot of my own food. But I have no idea what to make.... have you got any ideas?

I'm going to stock up on a lot of fruit for snacks and breakfast if I can manage it..

Thanks. :)

I always take a handful of almonds with me - if you have them with a piece of fruit and water, they expand in your stomach and let you feel full for hours.

I normally have about 20 almonds for a snack, with an apple or peach or something. They are high in good fat, vitamin E, fibre and protein - the latter two will stop you from wanting to snack!

Trust me, although they have a fair few calories, they feel like a naughty treat and will definitely stop you slipping.

Or you could just go on all the rides that make you feel sick, and then you won't want to eat anything :D

xxx SL

I always take a handful of almonds with me - if you have them with a piece of fruit and water, they expand in your stomach and let you feel full for hours.

I normally have about 20 almonds for a snack, with an apple or peach or something. They are high in good fat, vitamin E, fibre and protein - the latter two will stop you from wanting to snack!

Trust me, although they have a fair few calories, they feel like a naughty treat and will definitely stop you slipping.

Or you could just go on all the rides that make you feel sick, and then you won't want to eat anything :D

xxx SL

I have almonds in so I'll deffo bring some then :D So far I've got an apple, satsuma, banana, fibreplus bar... I need something for a meal, I wonder if they do jacket potatoes...
Haha I'm not very good with going on massive rides, I'm a bit of a wimp :')

I'm a wimp too...can't even face the spinning teacups!

I never go to a theme park any more, as I just spend the day feeling ill and holding everyone else's coats :p

Jacket spud sounds like a good option for lunch, maybe they will have tuna or something healthy to go with it. Or you could take sandwiches and a yoghurt or something. Might be a bit of a faff though, and you'll want something hot while everyone else is eating...

There's several restaurants at Alton :) there's even a BBQ type one so should be fairly simple to get a salad? Be warned tho!! There's loads of the big name fast food outlets too and whenever we go the restaurants get outvoted in favour of KFC :( best to pack some fruit, a sandwich, and maybe a couple of low fat yoghurts as back up!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

There's several restaurants at Alton :) there's even a BBQ type one so should be fairly simple to get a salad? Be warned tho!! There's loads of the big name fast food outlets too and whenever we go the restaurants get outvoted in favour of KFC :( best to pack some fruit, a sandwich, and maybe a couple of low fat yoghurts as back up!!

Aaah D:. I haven't got any bread in the house, it makes me bloat, especially white!

Then you'll have to pitch a diva fit and insist on eating somewhere decent lol. I had to at legoland last week :) everyone thought I'd gone mad but I got my salad ;)

Helloo! I ended up getting jacket potato with beans... everyone was having hotdogs and chips, smelt divine!! Resisted though :D

ill be like that next week, going to an all day fitness convention and i dont want to be tempted by junk!
ive got 3 protein bars to snack on, plenty of fruit in, and some snadwhich stuff so ill have healthy things :)
i am bringing a can of energy drink though, just one small can!

Definitely, the almonds eaten with fruit are brill, an apple and a small handful of almonds can keep me going for hours!

Back