Aaarrrgh, fed up

mamabear

I'm so annoyed with myself, had a really healthy brekkie, was busy at dinner so didnt have much.
O/H decided to treat our DD to a Maccy d's, i tried really hard not 2 have anything but I was soooo hungry, I gave in and had 6 chicken nuggets and small fries.
I've been having a really bad few weeks of putting on and losing the same 3 pounds, dont know why I keep doing this, if i'd have kept 100% id be nearly at target, aaarrrgh.
Rant over, hope u all ok, weigh in Wed so hope fully I can pull it back a bit by then

Hey don't panic on extra easy that is only 17 and half syns. have it as flexible syns and move on. What is done is done so stop beating yourself up about it. Smile and believe in yourself tomorrow xxx

You've said yourself why you did it! You didn't have dinner and let yourself get starving. So when you were faced with temptation you were so hungry that you gave in. You need to make sure you don't let yourself get in that position again by eating regularly and filling up on free foods. Anyway don't let it get you down as it's only one day and I'm betting you didn't put on all your weight in one day, so in the big picture it's not such an issue.

Wise advice! It's not that much damage in the grand scheme of things. You shouldn't be letting yourself get into that situation where you're so starving hungry and give in! If you find yourself in that position again, go armed with free foods for yourself. Fill up before you go, take fruit and perhaps carrot sticks and hummous or whatever you like. That way you won't be tempted and get the post-fast-food-guilts!

And...I know you took your DD, but why go to McD's at all? I'm going to sound like a preachy, boring, health freak I'm sure (sorry!) but I just don't see how McDonalds is a treat. It's nasty, fatty, salty badness...it's not good for grown ups or kids!
Why not avoid temptation for yourself, and take her to a cute little cafe or teashop where they serve real food - not necessarily low fat - but say, jacket potatoes, toasties, home made chicken nuggets, home-baked cakes. Real food. She'll still enjoy the experience of being taken out for a lovely lunch with her mum, and you can have something on-plan from the menu too.

I don't mean to have a go - I hope it doesn't come across like that. I'm just not in the 'treat yourself/your kids with food' camp.

Good luck for Wednesday. Have some success express days and I'm sure you'll see a loss :)

No, I totally agree, McD's is the work of the devil, it doesnt taste that nice, doesnt fill u up and its not v good 4 u! Why did we bother.
Am back on plan 100% and hope 4 a loss on Wed, or at least STS

Some great advice here. Y'know before I started Slimming World, I often used to go to McDonalds/KFC with the O/H and completely pig out and then feel hungry not long after as it didn't fill me up for that long, then made me feel tired, guilty and unhappy after! I never thought I would think that healthy food was appealing as having a takeway, but finding ways to create my own healthy SW versions/recipes of the things I used to love and seeing myself lose weight in the process has really taken away that craving, it just doesn't seem worth it and I really never thought I would cure this particular food addiction/comfort eating of mine!

However as said, any splurge/treat can be counted as flexible syns and tomorrow is another day :)

Back