AAM Nightmare

FunellaFox

Have been on AAM this week and have WI tonight but am totally dreading it! I have found this week a real struggle knowing I can have 200 cals :( cos i just end up picking at things - nothing too bad - like a weetabix or a few grapes - but still daft things just cos I know I 'm allowed to eat.

Has anyone else done this?

I'm looking forward to going back to SS knowing I can't eat anything!! Just can't be trusted with food :cry:

Hi.. I'm only on my 2nd week so haven't done AAM yet, but that is exactly what I am scared of! I am finding SS (quite) easy because I know food isn't an option but knowing that I am allowed a little bit of food I'm scared a might just go mad and start ha ving a little of what I fancy!!

Good luck with it and stay strong and think of future skinniness :)

Hi did you not follow what is in your pink book on the foods and amounts your allowed on aam. You are still very limited on what you can have. SS is fab for control i totally agree but the aam weeks are very important although you can now do SS+ for 12 weeks without food.

Hi did you not follow what is in your pink book on the foods and amounts your allowed on aam. You are still very limited on what you can have. SS is fab for control i totally agree but the aam weeks are very important although you can now do SS+ for 12 weeks without food.

Well thats the thing my CDC recommended i do AAM instead of SS+ cos i started SSing before SS+ was introduced. and to add to that I was starting to pick in the evenings so thought AAM would be ok, but its not really and I'm really afraid of gaining this week :(
Looking forward to just SSing agin from tomorrow:)

i only had 2 aam's in my week 5, i couldnt trust myself to eat all the time!

i would prefer to not eat anything until i come to the end of SS.

Well thats the thing my CDC recommended i do AAM instead of SS+ cos i started SSing before SS+ was introduced.

But did you try to keep to the AAM that's set out in the book? I'm confused. I get the impression that you thought you could just add a meal of your choice?:confused:

happyland said:
knowing that I am allowed a little bit of food

So much of the AAM concerns are 'in the head' ;) If you are doing AAM because you are in Wk 5, then you've been allowed food for the two weeks previous. If you've been having bars or made any of the recipes, you've had food. Even the drinks are food, but the bars and recipes are chewable.

It really is such a tiny amount, that if you are worried, just cook it, put it on a cocktail stick and eat on the way up to bed. Or you can blend it in your soups.

It shouldn't be a problem, but you do need to approach it the right way. Nothing to be scared of.

But did you try to keep to the AAM that's set out in the book? I'm confused. I get the impression that you thought you could just add a meal of your choice?:confused:

No KD i've been weighing and measuring the green/white as suggested, but still end up picking at things :(
Rather not have the option of eating:sigh:

To be honest I enjoyed my AAMW it was nice to introduce for a while even if it was a tiny portion. I still lost 2.5lbs on my AAMW. If it's a problem for you, you can do ss for 12 weeks .

poor funella fox seems to be getting a brutal slating here... look at the weight you've lost already hun !! and keep focused everyone slips up now and then. i never realised how much i nibbled till i started this, i've not looked in my fridge all week cos there's nothing in there for me.
try to retrain your brain i also carry abottle of water every where keeps sipping, i been out with the girls tonight been in sparkly water waht a treat ha ha !! any ways came home cos they were getting too loud for me. ibiza here i come in august !!
good luck x

Back