AAM week, has anyone found it hard?

I'm due to have an aam week next week but i struggle to eat just a chicken salad! does anyone else have this problem? i.e if you are due to eat something , you have to eat more!!?
Would i be better blowing out the aam week and just staying on ss?

I enjoyed my AAMW, it is only a tiny portion but for me it was enough. It's my 2nd AAMW next week and I'm looking forward to it.

I think AAMW is really good, Firstly after four weeks of no solid food except the bars I need something to break the monotony. Tasting food is amazing, my first AAM was quorn, mushroom & a green salad with fat free italian dressing. I wouldn't have thanked you for this meal prior to CD but it tasted like heaven & I ate really slowly & savoured every mouthful.I think AAM helps reinforce restraint around food as it shows you that a small amount can be as satisfying as a big heap. Also it's about trying to have a healthier attitude towards food, you can't live on cd bars & shakes forever, sooner or later you will have to eat.

I started my CD journeys because I was out of control with my eating, SS gives me security as I know I can only have CD products so therefore I find it easier to be in control, I don't have to think or worry about what am I going to eat because I know, its a bar or a shake.

AAMW is about starting the process of relaxing that strict control so I have to think about what I am going to eat, portion control etc & I think it's an important stage. I get to practice these "skills" in AAMW & they will come in handy when I go up the plans & on to maintaining .

I found AAM really really easy in the end.. I was worried at first that because I was allowed a little, I might pick.. but I think because you're still taking the same amount of packs, and AAM is EXTRA food, maybe that's why I didn't need to pick at anything.

I had chicken, broccoli and cauliflower the first few days, chopped it all up into little tiny pieces and mixed it up in a bowl, that made it look bigger than it was :) and then the next few days I chopped cucumber up into really tiny pieces and mixed them into cottage cheese, and served it on shredded lettuce. was really yummy!!

Back