AAM week, has anyone found it hard?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by 275sputnik, 26 March 2008 Social URL.

1. 275sputnik

275sputnik Member

I'm due to have an aam week next week but i struggle to eat just a chicken salad! does anyone else have this problem? i.e if you are due to eat something , you have to eat more!!?
    Would i be better blowing out the aam week and just staying on ss?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    I enjoyed my AAMW, it is only a tiny portion but for me it was enough. It's my 2nd AAMW next week and I'm looking forward to it.
  4. aellon

aellon Back Again

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I think AAMW is really good, Firstly after four weeks of no solid food except the bars I need something to break the monotony. Tasting food is amazing, my first AAM was quorn, mushroom & a green salad with fat free italian dressing. I wouldn't have thanked you for this meal prior to CD but it tasted like heaven & I ate really slowly & savoured every mouthful.I think AAM helps reinforce restraint around food as it shows you that a small amount can be as satisfying as a big heap. Also it's about trying to have a healthier attitude towards food, you can't live on cd bars & shakes forever, sooner or later you will have to eat.

I started my CD journeys because I was out of control with my eating, SS gives me security as I know I can only have CD products so therefore I find it easier to be in control, I don't have to think or worry about what am I going to eat because I know, its a bar or a shake.

AAMW is about starting the process of relaxing that strict control so I have to think about what I am going to eat, portion control etc & I think it's an important stage. I get to practice these "skills" in AAMW & they will come in handy when I go up the plans & on to maintaining .
  5. LizS81

LizS81 Has been AWOL

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I found AAM really really easy in the end.. I was worried at first that because I was allowed a little, I might pick.. but I think because you're still taking the same amount of packs, and AAM is EXTRA food, maybe that's why I didn't need to pick at anything.

I had chicken, broccoli and cauliflower the first few days, chopped it all up into little tiny pieces and mixed it up in a bowl, that made it look bigger than it was :) and then the next few days I chopped cucumber up into really tiny pieces and mixed them into cottage cheese, and served it on shredded lettuce. was really yummy!!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.