AAM Week

Kaka

Hiya, just looking for some advice as I'm on wk 5 next week and so due for aam.
It's worked out quite well as I'm going to visit my family next week and I think my mum would be freaking at me 'not eating amything' so it should be easier if she sees me eating healthy meals.
Anyway, my question is really about the types of meals everyone has had during their aam weeks.
I'm not a huge meat fan, I like chicken, tuna, and just wondered whether quorn products are acceptable.
Any ideas gratefully received,
Kaka x

I don't know about quorn because I can't eat it, but tofu is ok. Is it the same? Chicken and tuna is perfect. Stick to high protein and green leafy veg and salad (no mayo lol)

I got some diet meals off avidlite they are low carb and low calorie

Thank you ladies x

Chicken and fish are fine (but watch salmon, it has a lot of fat) as is seafood. Quorn & tofu are also both good, and you can have eggs and cottage cheese too. mY fave protein on AAM is prawns cos you get LOADS of them for very few calories compared to most of the other options.

Cos I don't like milk I used my dairy allowance mostly in plain low-fat yogurt which I could use to make marinades and sauces for my meat and fish. I also used quark a few times but it's a bit of an acquired taste.

Try to stick to green or white veg lol, bright colours usually means more starch and/or sugars.

My top tip would be that at least for the first AAM week weigh everything if you can, as you will then start to get an idea of what a healthy "potion" of it looks like. :)

Thank you, just noticed the recipe sticky too.
Great advice to weigh everything, what I think looks like a small portion is probably massive!
Do you need to weigh vegetables too?

hello Kaka,

Gosh, your AAM week has come round quickly. I went the whole hog (quite literally) and did the new Atkins instead of AAM last week. Unless a miracle occurs overnight, my weight has stood still this week, but I'm pretty happy with that because I have had a week of eating pretty much anything I pleased (within Atkins limits of course). I feel really pleased because I know now that when I come off Exante finally, I will be able to go back to food without regaining all my weight. Whatever you decide to do, good luck and enjoy time with your Mum.

Thanks for that, had a look at your post Yambabe and think will use some of your recipes, sound yum.
I've never done Atkins before so don't know how to use it for AAM week, but like you, I'm hoping that at the very least I stay the same on my AAM wk so that I'll feel more confident about going back to eating properly when I reach my dream weight, no way is this blubber going back on these bones!
Fortunately, my mum is a very health conscious slim lady who eats very healthily so I shouldn't find it too hard staying with her although she might offer me a cheeky glass of wine which will be very hard to resist as I haven't had one for so long x

MMmmmmmm, might just be worth feeling crap for the next day, lol, hardly see my mum so might just have to risk it x

ive been off exante this week eaten and drank and only put on a 1lb , so it goes to show that you can eat and drink if you moderate it .

Fab, that's good to know x

Back