aam week

You do really need to do AAMW in order to keep your metabolism burning.

If you miss it out you run the risk of your weight loss slowing down/stopping.

You will still lose weight on AAMW. When I did SS I lost 4lbs on my AAMW.

Great to hear of your weight loss so far - keep up the good work!

I'm just coming to the end of my first aamw and even though i've still lost weight this week i won't be doing it again.Too much temptation.I'm still not sure what 2 tablespoons of veg or salad is.I'm finding eating cottage cheese or chicken dreadful.I was fine and just chugging awaty on ss now i have to think about portion control and i'd rather not bother,so next time i'm giving it a miss.

i disagree with STBG's statement about not having aamw risking slowing down your metabolism.

The thing is it isn't my opinion - it is Dr. Alan Howard's research which led to the AAMW in the first place!

Have a read of Dr. Alan Howard's first book published in 1985 where he explains the reasons for the AAMW to stop the body going into full starbation mode where it will then hold on to every single calorie it is taking in. There is sound medical evidence for doing the AAMW.

That is why CD has the AAMW.

It boosts the metabolism.

At the end of the day the calorie intake on AAMW is tiny and the weight loss will continue

I lose as much weight per week on 790 with a huge meal added as I did when on Sole Source! There is the proof

Not sure on the metabolism thing one way or the other but what I would say about AAMW is that alot of us fear it as we worry that it may knock us off track with SS. The other way of looking at it is to say that we can't avoid food forever and need to learn to control ourselves around it - AAMW presents a good opportunity to do so whilst still protected by ketosis.

Gxx

I've thoroughly enjoyed my AAW wk - the portion controls are merely that, and at some point you are going to have to accept that portion control is a way of life!
A cottage cheese pot is usually 300g so a pot of cottage cheese needs to last you through 3 AAW days.... I probably overdid it a little with the leaves but if you worked out their density againt 2 tbspn of sprouts it stands to reason that you can have a wee bit more!
The CD would not advise you to do AAM wk if it wasnt meant to happen.
PS - I have lost weight this week as well but cant confirm amount til 2morr

Not sure on the metabolism thing one way or the other but what I would say about AAMW is that alot of us fear it as we worry that it may knock us off track with SS. The other way of looking at it is to say that we can't avoid food forever and need to learn to control ourselves around it - AAMW presents a good opportunity to do so whilst still protected by ketosis.

Gxx

That is the problem in a nutshell!

Everyone is frightened of eating food again after such a long time of abstinence. They are frightened that they will fall off the wagon and that they will want to binge like there's no tomorrow.

Everyone is frightened of not losing any weight on AAMW too.

LighterLife and Lipotrim are based on the Cambridge Diet

That is why CD has the AAMW.

It boosts the metabolism.

mmmmmm......I thought CD had AAMw cos it meant that the plan complied with NICE/COMA guidelines....WHICH have now changed .... and state that 'if you follow a 'very-low-calorie' diet - this should not be for more than 12 weeks continuously'

so, you can now stay on a diet below 800cals for up to 12 week (this statement supersedes the advice in the 1987 COMA report that said that dieters should revert to a mixture of fodds after four weeks using a VLCD (i.e. AAM).

This new guidance means that in theory a dieter is permitted to use Sole Source and/or Sole Source plus without reintroducing food for a maximum of 12 weeks. At the end of those 12 weeks, they would have to step up to more than 800kcal for at least a week before reverting to their VLCD.

So - that's the reason why CD have AAM....to comply with guidance on obesity.....:)

Obviously it would be wise to discuss with your own Counsellor......to see what's best for YOU....

hth

Debz xx

I did not do AAM, was not wanting to do it and my counsellor advised me she struggled when she did it.

Instead I resumed my gym workouts after week 4 and as my clothes are getting bigger, something is still working.

It is vitally important to your body that you do AAM week. With being in Ketosis, if you stay on such few calories a day for too long, instead of just fat burning, your body will start to lose muscle - and this includes from your vital organs i.e YOUR HEART. For your long term maintenance and health, you really do need to do your AAM. Go and speak to your GP and I think they will be 100% behind you doing it.

It is vitally important to your body that you do AAM week. With being in Ketosis, if you stay on such few calories a day for too long, instead of just fat burning, your body will start to lose muscle - and this includes from your vital organs i.e YOUR HEART. For your long term maintenance and health, you really do need to do your AAM. Go and speak to your GP and I think they will be 100% behind you doing it.

not sure I agree with this......being in ketosis doesn't mean that your body will burn organ tissue :eek:

having a BMI too low to do a VLCD may cause your body to burn lean muscle mass but not being in ketosis AS LONG as your body has enough fat to sustain you.....

Debz

Reactions: KD
I found having AAM for lunch really broke the day up and meant I could keep my soup for the cold evenings (tho not sure if you are even a soup fan)...
Lots of the girls can advise you if you need meal suggestions, I'd try it the once and see how you get on.
I must be honest and that was I was not looking forward to it, incase it a, made me want to eat more & b, whether I could be bothered buying it and preparation (its easy to get idle just opening packs and blitzing them).
I still have to cook for my kids so its not as tho food is not completely in my life...
But, as I nsaid in my other post, I really really enjoyed it.
I took me ages to actually eat it and I had to drink water the whole way though it.
And the really great thing is that its also inspired me further for when I get on the 790 plan where the portion sizes are twice the size and weightloss hardly any diferent to SS'ing...
I think you might be pleasantly surprised... Good luck Chelle and let us know how you're doing on it xxxx

Well i decided i would do aamw, so i just had (on a tea plate so it looked like there was loads) chopped lettuce and cucumber with very low fat cottage cheese on top srinkled with black pepper, it was lush:bliss:

YUMMY - I had rocket and watercress, with a couple of radishes with cottage cheese.... You can also have a drop of fat free dressing I had vinaigrette.... Cant wait for my next AAM wk....
I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Well done, I think you'll have a gr8 week and I've found it just as easy not having it - today is my first day back on SS xxxx

Back