AAMW - Use of Garlic

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by louale, 30 March 2008 Social URL.

1. louale

louale Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Is it ok to use garlic? was just trying to think of ways to enhance my meals, other than adding dry fried onions and pepper, any tips?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. wigglychick

wigglychick Silver Member

I'm not sure about garlic but onions are a no no I'm afraid...not sure about the pepper either.

4. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi Louale

Not sure officially but would suspect garlic is a no no as it is quite high carb same as onions.

Gx

5. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    what about garlic pepper? Could she use that?

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

that sounds like an interesting idea - not garlic salt for obvious reasons ... didn't know there was such a thing as garlic pepper (I miss garlic)

7. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    you're all right about the onions & peppers being banned due to their sgar content. Garlic has a similar amount but I know clients of mine have added it to soups (haven't asked about shakes but even the most bonkers ones wouldn't try this....would they..?) without problem.

The tiny amount of garlic needed to give a kick can't contain v much Carb can it. (but don't tell Camb HO I said it or I might get into trouble)

8. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've always used garlic whether it be in soups while ssing on when on AAM week, not had any problems & hasn't knocked me out of ketosis....xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.