Aarrgh no orlistat

:eek: thats really odd! I picked up a 2 month script last month with no problems at all. I still had about 3 weeks supply left due to not taking it over Christmas, and another 10 days in January when my little girl was in hospital (didn't dare take it then as I never knew when I could eat, and if I did whether it would be xen friendly enough).

I had NO idea there was a shortage of it! There was plenty in the pharmacy I got it from at the time (Co-op pharmacy in Seaham County Durham if anyone is near enough and having problems xx)

I suspect that when I go in early April I'll be taken off it anyway as my Doctor doesn't want me on it once my BMI gets down to roughly 27, and it's less than 29 now.

If anyone does hear of any available in London/Kent area please could they PM me. I run out on Wednesday :-(

OH and I were chatting last night about which areas we thought there would be less overweight people and maybe ring pharmacies there......lol

SarahB said:
If anyone does hear of any available in London/Kent area please could they PM me. I run out on Wednesday :-(

OH and I were chatting last night about which areas we thought there would be less overweight people and maybe ring pharmacies there......lol

I said the same about where there were less fatties! My friend in Putney really struggled, 18 pharmacies & finally found the last pack somewhere x

Asked round my area, no chemists have it!

I said the same about where there were less fatties! My friend in Putney really struggled, 18 pharmacies & finally found the last pack somewhere x

I work near Putney and have tried loads in that area. I don't mind travelling a reasonable distance to get them as I have a train season ticket.

I have made a list of 33 pharmacies in 5-7 mile radius and I am going to call them ALL tomorrow morning...........someone must have some!!!!

SarahB said:
I have made a list of 33 pharmacies in 5-7 mile radius and I am going to call them ALL tomorrow morning...........someone must have some!!!!

Good Luck! Let us know how you get on x

If this is going on for a while, does anyone know of some alternatives. I know xen and alli are a fat bloker, and I don't want stuff that messes with metabolism or anything if I can't get xen for a while. I know my willpower's just not there yet. I've seen loads in Boots, but I'm abit sceptical...Time to ration my supplies, I've 2-3 weeks left eek:eek:.

Me too, I've cut down to 2 a days have 5 weeks left.. I got a double script when we 1st learned about the shortage.. Got last 2.5 boxes out of one chemist

I tried to be cool n calm :cool: and thought at the start of feb sould be rational and not worry too much as I had almost 2 months. At least I've got you guys!;)

it is a real problem isn't it. i have enough for a couple of weeks and i will need to be weighed and try my luck in the north.

Well, today a couple of chemists told me it would be the end of april before producton was due to restart.
After hearing this, I went all over the place looking for alli instead. Eventually I got one box in one independent chemist and 3 boxes in another. That was all I could find. I had to pay which was not cheap! They were 'rural' chemists so maybe not so busy. Now I've to devide if I double the dose and use them as two months or play safe and take them at the 60mg dose just incase.
I live in the county, so will have a scout around on my travels to check if there is more in some of the villages incase any of you guys need it. Xen was nowhere.:(

PurpleMum said:
Well, today a couple of chemists told me it would be the end of april before producton was due to restart.
After hearing this, I went all over the place looking for alli instead. Eventually I got one box in one independent chemist and 3 boxes in another. That was all I could find. I had to pay which was not cheap! They were 'rural' chemists so maybe not so busy. Now I've to devide if I double the dose and use them as two months or play safe and take them at the 60mg dose just incase.
I live in the county, so will have a scout around on my travels to check if there is more in some of the villages incase any of you guys need it. Xen was nowhere.:(

Ooooh let me know... I am ok with xen until end of march but would feel safer knowing I have some alli in the house wen I get back from vietnam ... I will also have a look in my area .. I think paying the price is worth it for the peace of mind x

I'll let you know what I find Lisa. If I find more I'll let you know and could post some if you're stuck. I needed the peace of mind too. I run out of xen in a couple of weeks. I have enough Alli to get me beyond the end of April, and feel relieved.
I found some alli on a well-known website, but I didn't need to buy it. If anyone is stuck, PM me and I'll tell you where. don't want to post it here and someone find here through google and get to it before you guys. Other than that there is plenty of 'chewable' alli where I am, but these are only 27mg and cost almost as much as alli.

Still nothing at all around here, I still have a prescription sitting at docs that there is no point in picking up cos even if I wanted to I can't fill it! I also said until the shortage is over I won't consider trying as I have so many here...

I felt bad buying up alli, especially as loads of xen people will be doing that and leaving the alli ones with no supply, but I needed to know I had enough to get to the end of the shortage. I paid instead of getting it on a script, and will use it up before I would get my xen script. I felt greedy, but was so relieved to get it. A few months down the line and I think I would be feeling better about attempting to go it alone. I hope everyone gets enough to keep them going. I wonder if Teva will have more soon, they are missing a great opportunity to sell loads!

PurpleMum said:
I felt bad buying up alli, especially as loads of xen people will be doing that and leaving the alli ones with no supply, but I needed to know I had enough to get to the end of the shortage. I paid instead of getting it on a script, and will use it up before I would get my xen script. I felt greedy, but was so relieved to get it. A few months down the line and I think I would be feeling better about attempting to go it alone. I hope everyone gets enough to keep them going. I wonder if Teva will have more soon, they are missing a great opportunity to sell loads!

Don't feel bad babe you have to look out for number one, I'm glad you've got some x

On the way to my mums today I was on the M62 and what did I see but the TEVA factory at the side!!!!!
I almost pulled off at the next junction to storm and hijack their stocks!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

On the way to my mums today I was on the M62 and what did I see but the TEVA factory at the side!!!!!
I almost pulled off at the next junction to storm and hijack their stocks!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Right next time if it hasn't come back in to stock I expect you to do just that!

Back