ABERDEEN - Day 4 for me and me hubby!

Hey Well Done!! :D 30lbs in 4 weeks is amazing!!!

You are doing so well!!! Hope my weigh in reflects my hard work this week!! Ive been so good!

How was work?

Cat wait to get weighed this week, after the disappointment of last weeks weigh in, Im really hoping that I lose a good amount this week. My trousers are hanging off me, which is great, it means I can go shopping for a new pair!!

This week has been ok, I find that because Im not eating, I find i have a lot of spare time that I must have spent purely eating/grazing. Finding something to do in this time is hard!

At work its not a problem, I am busy all the time so no prob there, but when I get home I go spare!! Went swimming with my OH on Weds, went out for a walk on Thursday that ended up at the fish and chip shop by the beach! OH and kids ate,. not me!

I have decided to join this sort of exercixe club/membership thing that the council run, basically, for £28/month, you can go to any council run gym/leisure cente etc anytime. This includes climbing walls, skating,swimming and so on! Better value for me than just a gym cos theres a variety of thigs to do, I get bored easily!

SO come the end of this month I will be getting my passport to fitness, just need to get the commitment sorted!!!!

OH is in hospital this morning having an op on the tendon in his finger. He was doing DIY yesterday and sliced his finger with the stanley knife, he said he didnt need to go to the docs, I took one look at it and told him we were going to A & E, good job we did as they discovered his tendon had been nicked and needed sorting!! Poor bugger, am off to meet him in a couple of hours and bring him home. Have promised him I'll make a bacon and egg pie for his tea!!

Better get off and do that now, loads to do today!!

:rolleyes:

Well done on your loss Claire - that's fantastic!!

And Rachel it's sounds like ur gonna do just as well at your weigh in - good luck!

Cxx

Horrible day yesterday.

I had a horrible day yesterday. I dont know why I felt like this, I had the urge to binge from about 12pm onwards, it was so overpowering, I ended up eating 2 100% beefburgers, 4 rashers bacon and 2 sausages, all protein I know but still....
I made sure that I didnt have any carbs to try and lessen the effect o my ketosis and Im glad that I managed to control it kind of but I hate feeling like that.
I was a complete cow during all this to my OH and snappy as hell with my kids, its not fair on them that I feel like this, it doesnt happen all the time thank god, but I just wish I knew what the trigger was.

I checked ketosis with the sticks and although I was out of it breifly, I was back in the pink this morning.

I am trying to view all this as a learning curve, I ate, ok, but I didnt binge on carbs and junk, I didint let it carry on and completely sabotage my SS'ing, I was back on track as of 5pm last night. I just hope that I will be able to cope better or at least the same when/if I feel like that again.

Heres hoping today is a good un!!!

Well done for getting back on track Rachel - its really hard sometimes isn't it.
I really think that it would be easier if we were single and living alone because its the smells when i am cooking for the family that really get to me and i just want to eat.
Like you 2 weeks ago i was nibbling on chunks of cheese and slices of cooked ham - again all protein but i too got really grumpy :badmood:with the OH and was even grumpier when i eventually admitted it and he started nagging me - my words to him were along the lines of "its ok for you, how would you manage without any bl***y food - 10 minutes maybe". Deep down though i was really disappointed with myself. Then i thought hey ho its one small blip and if i need to have a little nibble once every few weeks and then manage to get back on track then maybe thats the way i am going to cope with this diet and its not the end of the world cos i'll still lose some weight this week.
I'm finding it slightly easier this week cos its AAM :eat:. Just had some grilled haddock ( It was quite nice - i've only ever had battered or breaded before) and veggies :drool:. Its really nice to sit with the family too. My girls were like - what are you doing mum your're not allowed to eat!
Anyway enough of my rambling - stay strong until wednesday :hug99:and let me know how you get on

I wish you hadn't asked Claire!!!

Was doing ever so well ss'ing and then binged last night - husband (who is also supposed to be on ss) went to indian takeaway and he had chicken pakora, korma, rice & a chilli naan - I'm saying all this as I (just!) had a naan dipped in his korma sauce - as if that makes it any better! Back on SS today to see if I can recover but really disgusted with myself - can't believe I did it now but at the time I just thought to h*ll with the diet - which is why I'm the size I am after all the other diets I've tried before.

Going to try not to beat myself up anymore about it but I'm just so annoyed!

How're you getting on?

Christine xx

Seem to be OK this week after my picking sessions 2 weeks ago. Am really enjoying the AAM and not sure how i will get on next week without food again.

I was the same as you 2 weeks ago - i opened the fridge and the cheese just jumped out at me and i just HAD to have a bit - nothing and no-one could have stopped me.......not sure why.

Lets face it a wee bit of naan bread and sauce isna going to ruin everything....

I had the same attitude as you though - its done so dont beat yourself up and start afresh next day.

When do you get weighed this week? I should be Fri / Sat but as its AAM week wont lose so much i'm told.....

Anyway keep going and heres sending you some keep strong diet vibes

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Well done for getting back on track Rachel - its really hard sometimes isn't it.
I really think that it would be easier if we were single and living alone because its the smells when i am cooking for the family that really get to me and i just want to eat.

I really agree with you on this!! Not that I would be without my family for the world, but if their eating and me having to cook the food and see them eating were out of the picture then it would be so much easier!

Like you 2 weeks ago i was nibbling on chunks of cheese and slices of cooked ham - again all protein but i too got really grumpy :badmood:with the OH and was even grumpier when i eventually admitted it and he started nagging me - my words to him were along the lines of "its ok for you, how would you manage without any bl***y food - 10 minutes maybe".

I feel almost resentful when my Oh eats in front of me, he has a bit of a belly and is about 3.5st overweight, keeps on saying he is going to do something about and never does, so when Im finding it hard, I find myself taking it out on him, not fair I know, but I feel like a sulky teenager!!

Deep down though i was really disappointed with myself. Then i thought hey ho its one small blip and if i need to have a little nibble once every few weeks and then manage to get back on track then maybe thats the way i am going to cope with this diet and its not the end of the world cos i'll still lose some weight this week.
I'm finding it slightly easier this week cos its AAM :eat:. Just had some grilled haddock ( It was quite nice - i've only ever had battered or breaded before) and veggies :drool:. Its really nice to sit with the family too. My girls were like - what are you doing mum your're not allowed to eat!
Anyway enough of my rambling - stay strong until wednesday :hug99:and let me know how you get on

Ive sort of come to the conclusion that if I am finding it really hard going, a little blip with protein will do less harm then a full on carb binge! I am going to try to avoid it tho!

I am doing AAM next week and very nervous about it, wonder how it will affect my weighloss?

Haddock and veg sounds lovely!!

I wish you hadn't asked Claire!!!

Was doing ever so well ss'ing and then binged last night - husband (who is also supposed to be on ss) went to indian takeaway and he had chicken pakora, korma, rice & a chilli naan - I'm saying all this as I (just!) had a naan dipped in his korma sauce - as if that makes it any better! Back on SS today to see if I can recover but really disgusted with myself - can't believe I did it now but at the time I just thought to h*ll with the diet - which is why I'm the size I am after all the other diets I've tried before.

Going to try not to beat myself up anymore about it but I'm just so annoyed!

How're you getting on?

Christine xx

Hi Christine, one of my fave things in the whole world food wise is naan dipped in korma sauce, I darent have it in the house, OH made that last night and I went for a bath while they all ate it, made sure there was none left for me to be tempted by! Its only one little blip tho so dont beat yourself up about it!:eek:

How are you doing apart from that?

Hi Claire & Rachel

I get weighed tomorrow so hopefully will have recovered by then!

Just finding it hard to stay motivated - don't know if it's the rubbish weather or tiredness - my little boy has his first three teeth thru so there's been quite a few sleepless nights!

Just need a kick up the bum I think.

Anyhoo, sending you slim thoughts for the day!

Christine xx

Hi Claire & Rachel

I get weighed tomorrow so hopefully will have recovered by then!

Just finding it hard to stay motivated - don't know if it's the rubbish weather or tiredness - my little boy has his first three teeth thru so there's been quite a few sleepless nights!

Just need a kick up the bum I think.

Anyhoo, sending you slim thoughts for the day!

Christine xx

Straight back at you!!

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Keep your chin up, I'll be rooting for you!!

Hi Rachel and Christine

Isn't it funny how we all go through the same feelings and problems on this diet and yet at the time you think everyone else is perfect and you must be the only "bad" one who cant stick to it.......

Christine - i dont know how you can manage it with sleepless nights - when i am tired all i want to do is eat. So well done you for sticking with it! I think you are right about the weather aspect too - when its nice you want to eat healthily and go out for walks etc but in cold weather i usually go for stodgy things like stovies and moussaka.

Rachel - i too looooove korma along with naan bread - the peshwari one....mmmmmmmm

Another tactic my other half is trying is telling the kids that when mummy loses her tummy we will go back to center parcs and mummy will go down all the chutes with you....hhmmm it means they are watching me like a hawk as well as him but i keep telling myself its all for my own good.......

And am going to go to Chinatown in Buckie once i have reached my weight - the thought of that keeps me going too (Christine might appreciate this cos its a fab chinese!!). Take note Alex if you are peeping - WHEN i reach my weight i will go!!!!

Anyway keep up the good work girls

I am sure you will find a friend who will support you.

And am going to go to Chinatown in Buckie once i have reached my weight - the thought of that keeps me going too (Christine might appreciate this cos its a fab chinese!!). Take note Alex if you are peeping - WHEN i reach my weight i will go!!!!

If I reach goal at around the same time, I might join you!!! Buckie's not that far away!!
I'm going out for a curry at the Blue Moon on Holburn Street when I reach goal!!:D

Thats a good idea Rachel - maybe Christine could join us as well at Chinatown. Is Blue Moon good - i seem to remember going to Shabaz on Rose Street many years ago and very much enjoying it.

Thats a good idea Rachel - maybe Christine could join us as well at Chinatown. Is Blue Moon good - i seem to remember going to Shabaz on Rose Street many years ago and very much enjoying it.

That would be great if we could all get together, theres not that many of us up here!
Blue Moon is fab, bit on the expensive side, but gorgeous!! Not everything is swamped in ghee like some places!! Never been to Shabaz tho, wonder if its still there, will have to have a look!!

Went to one on Bridge Street last year called the Kama Sutra!! That was so lovely, very cheesy/kitsch interior but food to die for!!

The best chinese I ever had was when I lived in London, it was also fab!! God, im drooling, better stop talking about food!!:eek:

My problem is i just love food - the only thing that springs to mind which i dislike is brussel sprouts!!!

Back