ABERDEEN - Day 4 for me and me hubby!

RachelA

Silver Member
I have been SS'ing for a while now and just wondered if there was anyone else in Aberdeen? Its lonely up here!!

:D

Hia Rachel,

Just dropped in to say hello. I am not doing Cambridge but have done Lighterlife, which is similar. I spent a few hours in Aberdeen last Friday and had a very enjoyable time. Popped into Books'n'Beans to check on my e-mails - what a smashing place. I could have spent a lot longer there. Did loads of window-shopping too.

How long have you been SSing? Do you have a local counsellor or have to travel far to go to meetings? Do you have a lot to lose?

AmandaJayne

Hia Langan,

Spent a few hours in Banff too, last week. Me and hubby were touring round north east Scotland for a few days. How are you finding SSing? It's still early days yet but hopefully you will find it gets easier as you establish a routine.

How are you finding drinking the water? I found that difficult to do at first, but it helped not being able to have milk in coffee. I ended up drinking more water and less coffee.

Hi I was in Aberdeen last Friday too! Visiting friends for a couple of days - I lived there for 8 years - in Richmondhill Place, in Midstocket area.
Good luck with the diet! You'll not be lonely if you keep coming on here ....

I live between Buckie & Fochabers and have been SSing for 4 weeks and have just started AAM week - think I might go to 790 after this, even tho I've still got heaps to lose!!

Christine xx

HI Amanda Jayne
Bet you enjoyed the bustling metropolis of Banff.....not...he he!!
The first few days were awful but had a raging cold as well - never mind got through it and lost 12lb in 4 days. Due to be weighed tonight or tomorrow - whenever CDC can see me. The water is not too bad am managing about 4 litres a day but its killing me having to cook all the time for the hubby and kids! Are you still on LL - your pic looks really good so i imagine you are at target?

Hi wanna be a yummy mummy

I actually live between Cullen and Portsoy but didn't think anyone would know where that was!!! Are you seeing the CDC in Fochabers thats where i go.

Not Aberdeen but live near Banff. Have been SS for almost 2 weeks now.:wave_cry:

Hiya, thanks for replying!! Hows it going then? I have been SS'ing for 12 days now this time and all good so far! I lost just under 4 stone last time but fell off the wagon so to speak! Determined this time and so far so good.

I thought I was the only person from this way as I havent seen anyone else from these parts, so nice to meet you!!!:D

Hia Rachel,

Just dropped in to say hello. I am not doing Cambridge but have done Lighterlife, which is similar. I spent a few hours in Aberdeen last Friday and had a very enjoyable time. Popped into Books'n'Beans to check on my e-mails - what a smashing place. I could have spent a lot longer there. Did loads of window-shopping too.

How long have you been SSing? Do you have a local counsellor or have to travel far to go to meetings? Do you have a lot to lose?

AmandaJayne

Hiya! books n' beans, is a great place, I have spent far too much time there, if i ever had a book shop i'd make it like that!
I've been SS'ing for 12 days now altho I did lose nearly 4st last year, sadly fell off the wagon but back on with a vengeance! Wherabouts do you stay then?

I live between Buckie & Fochabers and have been SSing for 4 weeks and have just started AAM week - think I might go to 790 after this, even tho I've still got heaps to lose!!

Christine xx

Hi Christine, how are you finding SS'ing then? I have found it easier this time round as I have restarted a few times with no success, I managed to get my head sorted tho and have stuck at it with gusto! I've found that the Perfectly Clear Strawberry & Kiwi sugar free sparkling water helps me! I find it hard drinking loads of plain water but not this stuff!

Are you looking forward to AAM?

Hi I was in Aberdeen last Friday too! Visiting friends for a couple of days - I lived there for 8 years - in Richmondhill Place, in Midstocket area.
Good luck with the diet! You'll not be lonely if you keep coming on here ....

I've been coming on minimins for a year now, its great fun and very inspirational to say the least. I live in the Rosemount area whcih is nice but used to live in Froghall/Powis, not nice anymore!!

Where do you stay now?

Well done on losing 4 stone - i have been on SS for 12 days as well and although am managing not too bad (there have been a few sticky moments) am craving some different tastes and have just seen one of your other posts about strawberry and kiwi water - i think a trip to the shops is in order for me tonight!! Havent done cambridge before but tried LL 3 years ago but only lasted 5 weeks - am determined this time tho.....

My first flat was in Rosemount - in Northfield Place, just off Esslemont Avenue! Now live halfway between Glasgow and Embra - not far from Falkirk. Are you a real Aberdonian or did you just move there? I suppose my son could call himself Aberdonian as he was born in ARI ...

I do miss the rowies! (ssshhhh don't tell anyone else what they are, they'll all want them!)

I stayed in Aberdeen for a few years as well - cant remember the name of the street it was near ARI as i worked there

A hot rowie and cheese mmmmmmmmm

Not having that for while but a girl can dream.......

Well done on losing 4 stone - i have been on SS for 12 days as well and although am managing not too bad (there have been a few sticky moments) am craving some different tastes and have just seen one of your other posts about strawberry and kiwi water - i think a trip to the shops is in order for me tonight!! Havent done cambridge before but tried LL 3 years ago but only lasted 5 weeks - am determined this time tho.....

Cambridge is great, the bars are lush!! The Strawberry & Kiwi water is lush too, the only place I can get it tho is at ASDA's, I bought out their stock last week and hopefully they will have some left tomorrow!

My hardest time SS'ing wise is in the evenings when my OH and the kids are eating, it all smells so lovely!! Work is fine tho, i get so busy that I forget to have my shakes sometimes!

I cant wait to get weighed tho, next weds is my first weigh in as my cdc has been on hols, so it should be good fingers crossed!:D

A hot rowie and cheese mmmmmmmmm

Not having that for while but a girl can dream.......

Every Saturday morning my Oh goes to Aitkens on John Street and gets rowies for him and the kids, they have them warm with butter and sometimes with a fried egg on top, the smell kills me!! Not so good for you, no wonder Gillian McKeith wanted to do away with them!!:D

You'll have lost heaps if its your first weigh in after 2 weeks eh?? God what a long wait tho to find out.....I get bars this week as its week 3 looking forward to the toffee and choc one - seem to prefer the shakes to the soups as they are easier to mix on the go. Tried to use a shaker to mix some hot choc last week and it exploded all over me kitchen - what a waste of good choc and what a mess....he he

I stayed in Aberdeen for a few years as well - cant remember the name of the street it was near ARI as i worked there

I came through here to go to Uni after living in Aviemore and then Grantown-on-Spey for years in 1999 when my girls were 6 and 1 vowing only to stay until I had finished my degree, look at me now!

What made you move and did you like Aberdeen?

Back