ABERDEEN - Day 4 for me and me hubby!

Hi Ellie

If thats what is gonna work for you go for it and order up a fantastic dress to keep you on track!

Hi Christine

I cant say i know them and OH cant think of who they are although most folks around here are known by the farm name and not their own lol!!

Claire xx

Hi Ellie

I know what you mean about anti social - we quite often eat out or have friends round for dinner and now i cant eat out obviously and dont feel strong enough to cook masses for others and have them round for me to sit and watch them eat.......

Skirlie!Another fab thing I've only ever had in Aberdeen .... sorry to lower the tone by talking about food....!
I go to Elgin and Inverness quite a lot for work .... drive through Fochabers which is alovely wee place! Sometimes go to Findochty to a friends holiday cottage - oh and my brother lives in Boddam, near Peterhead - thats about all my claims to knowledge of the North East!
I also spent a year at Aberdeen Uni back in 1986 (yikes! How old am I ....) before transferring to Embra....
A thing I DON'T miss about Aberdeen is the seagulls - or "sh!te hawks" as my DH calls them ... size of dogs , with their nasty beady eyes and no fear .... ripping the binbags apart (in the days before wheelie bins)strewing rubbish all over the street and squawking at 4am like shrieking children..! Not to mention the mess they make of your car.....

Hi Ellie,

Horizontal Rain!! Do you remember it?!! We have even had mini twisters this week, the weather has been vile!!

How long have you been SS'ing then and how are you finding it? Im on Day13 so far in the SS hoose and alls well so far although I really fancy a piece of toast, everyone else is having some and the smell is fine!!

Hi,
I remember the rain - but don't remember every having twisters :eek:

I'm just starting week 9. You get used to it although it starts to seem like you'll never be eating normally again - seems very strange seeing people eating breakfast, then lunch and following it up with chocolate in the afternoon at work !! Being able to just buy a sandwich for lunch will be great - but a few months before getting there :rolleyes:.

How are you finding it ?

Skirlie - another healthy option from the North East! lol along with its side kick mealie puddings even healthier lol
I hate the seagulls as well Mrs P but i have a feeling they are protected and you get fined if caught aiming a gun......... as long as its just the cars they get i once had a gull poo all over me...you can imagine !!!!!

I think some of the seagulls have headed south for their holidays :eek: - there are a load of them screeching here at the moment and there was a lovely present on my car this morning :mad:.

Just as well I booked it for a valet on Monday with the guy that comes to the office car park - I'll certainly get my money's worth this time :D

PS on the food front I love Arbroath smokies (not quite Aberdeen I know but all the same ... !)

The seagulls here are awful and as far as I remember they are protected, why I do not know, its not like there arent enough of them already! The council did get a man with a hawk to scare them off at one of the shopping centres and it seems to have worked so far. Wish they would do it city wide.

As well as the moise they eat some really vile things, I once saw one eating out of a dirty nappy!!!!!!!!:eek:

Re SS'ing: I was finding it fine until yesterday when I had a bit of a carb binge and now I feel crap. I know exactly why I did it, emotional eating yet again, very hormonal as totm imminent and have been arguing with my OH all weekend for some reason. I just wish that I could have faced how I felt head on instead of hiding it in food. Suffice to say I am back on the straight and narrow but Im really scared that I will fall back into my old ways, I dont want to. I dont want to screw it all up!!

On a good note, I went to Thainstone boot sale this morning and got a few bargains, I bought a pair of H&M jeans from a woman, I wasnt sure of the size as it was American sizes but at 20p I wasnt going to argue!! Just tried them on and they figt so they must be about a 22/24 I figure! Wahey for boot sales!!

How are you all doing today, faab I hope!:D

jeans for 20p Rachel - that is a bargain!!

is Thainstone on every weekend? sounds like it's worth a look!

Christine xx

Its on every Sunday, starts at 8am and once you weed out all the dealers its really great. I got some clothes for the kids and a Breville sandwich toaster thingy like you see in Costa coffee, the one that will grill paninis for £2.00. Not bad at all!!
I havent been for ages but thought it might be worth a look, you should try it sometime!;)

sounds like a plan!!

thanks Rachel

Cxx

I went to Turriff Show today and every second stall seemed to be selling food and my OH kids and friends were all filling their faces - i was almost ready to commit murder for a chip......and tonight i cant stop thinking about food and have just pinched a slice of cheese and am now thoroughly disgusted with my self....any tips for the rest of the evening - i am gulping gallons of water as i type....

I went to Turriff Show today and every second stall seemed to be selling food and my OH kids and friends were all filling their faces - i was almost ready to commit murder for a chip......and tonight i cant stop thinking about food and have just pinched a slice of cheese and am now thoroughly disgusted with my self....any tips for the rest of the evening - i am gulping gallons of water as i type....

I'm sorry Claire, I signed off just before you posted! Hope you managed to ignore the call of the food? I know how bad you must feel given the slice of cheese cosI know how bad I felt after my bingeathon! You only had 1 slice and hopefully, you stopped yourself from having anymore. We are only human and I do see this as a learning process, we might give in but its learning how to recognise the warning signs and avoid the temptations that we will hopefully manage to do. I have noticed that although I did eat the other night, I didnt eat loads and loads like I would have normally and I have managed to get back on SS much more easily. Im trying not to let the guilty feelings (and the fact that I am internally bad-mouthing myself) sabotage my Sole Sourcing.

Fingers crossed for both of us, sending you strong willpower vibes!!

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Thanks Rachael - those willpower vibes must be working!!! Have managed to drink 4 litres water so far today and avoid all foodstuffs - must be stronger as i dont want to fall off the wagon and only two weeks to go to my AAM week....

Thanks Rachael - those willpower vibes must be working!!! Have managed to drink 4 litres water so far today and avoid all foodstuffs - must be stronger as i dont want to fall off the wagon and only two weeks to go to my AAM week....

Well done Claire!! Keep the good work up! I on the other hand am feeling well bloated, totm and all :mad:. I get weighed tomorrow and am worried that my usual bloatedness will add on a pound or two. I suppose on the bright side, if it does, it will have gone by tomorrow!

For once, the sun is shining in Aberdeen, yesterday the rain was torrential, I catch the bus to work and it was an hour late cos of all the hassle the rain caused, meanwhile, the rest of blighty seemed to be enjoying sunshine!!

How r u today?

Hi Rachel

Just think this will be your first weigh in anyway so you are bound to have lost regardless of feeling a bit bloated.
Have had another picky day :cry:- am well disgusted at myself tonight but i suppose i am only human. :sigh:
I'm not hungry i'm just having a problem cooking for the rest of the family and not getting to eat any myself but am going to have to get over it as i soooooo want to lose this weight.

Will keep my fingers crossed for a good loss for you for tomorrow!

Hi Rachel

Have had another picky day :cry:- am well disgusted at myself tonight but i suppose i am only human. :sigh:
I'm not hungry i'm just having a problem cooking for the rest of the family and not getting to eat any myself but am going to have to get over it as i soooooo want to lose this weight.
Tut! Tut! no more picking Claire....Big Brother is watching YOU!!!:hide::hide::hide:

I got weighed today and have lost 13lbs in 2 weeks so am well chuffed, especially after my blip at the weekend!!

Back on straight and narrow again today so far bigal!!!

Well done Rachel am so chuffed for you that is fantastic and will give you a real boost!!! Keep up the good work!

Back