Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Hey abz, where are you?

Was so good to speak to you!! :) See i promised id get back online. xxx

Hi Abz - you left the country or something? x

I was thinking that Jim - I guess Bon would let us know if she was not ok. Not like our Abz to stay away this long though.

ah well, I'm sure she's all tied up with little izzy. :)

I think "doting on" would be a better description - and why not x

hey there you guys. i'm still here. still alive and kicking. just not getting any computer time, that's all :)

izzy is 21 weeks old today, can you believe it? and so close to rolling over. if she would just get her hand out of the way but i refuse to help. my mum keeps trying to nudge it. mum has been staying with us for a month which is why i haven't really been able to grab any pc time. she can take her hard collar off when inside now but has to wear it when outside and travelling. hopefully she'll be able to get back to life as she knows it by christmas. she's at her sister's for a bit now. i've loved having her here but this week while she's been away izzy has settled easier at night and i've managed to eat better. i guess it is more disruptive than i realised having three adults and a baby in a one and a bit bedroom back to back, ha.

so how are all of you doing?

great to hear from you bren. i'm not doing much other than be a mummy to be honest, ha.

taz!! it was fab to hear your voice. and am glad you're back online :)

thanks for popping by jim. how's your wee granddaughter doing? she must be zooming about by now!! go olivia!! ha.

how is life post-surgery linz?

and everyone else, it's great to hear from you. izzy is sitting on my knee right now and sucking on my arm. she went from sleeping through all the time to feeding every 1-2 hours through the night. apparently a growth spurt. but she didn't wake me last night. woo. i didn't sleep all that well, but here's hoping it's the start of something else.

oh. and i've been making loads of different fabric heart type things. one of my friends wants to do a craft stall and this is my contribution. i had to buy sewing needles and everything but they look awesome :)

am also dabbling with being an avon lady. but since i'm the antithesis of an avon lady i'm not sure how successful that will be :D i might have to start moisturising and wearing makeup... but hey. i was really surprised when i looked in the catalogue. not at all like i thought. so who knows? ha.

i really really don't want to go back to work. after being the only person not to receive a payrise i can't afford childcare and have my salary be worth not being with izzy so hopefully we'll be able to manage just on thomas's salary.

he's a foreman in training starting from monday for three months and then hopefully he'll be a supervisor and get the salary to go with it. it won't be major but it should be more. and he's been doing the job for ages unofficially in any case so it's about time they recognised it...

oh. and my major rant is that i am owed over £1000 in tax credits and they won't give me them until the end of the year. aargh. in case i earn lots of money and they overpay me. but surely if i made lots of money i would tell them and they would change my entitlement. so i'm annoyed about that.

my dad is coming to visit this afternoon so i'd better go and tidy up. sorry i've been gone for so long. hard to show face on a dieting website when you eat anything you can get your hands on but i've been better recently, ha. izzy is wriggling and won't be safe sitting on my knee much longer so i'd better go and clean the house :)

loads of love.

abz xx

Yay good to hear from you babes!

Izzy sounds like a real bundle of joy for you. Glad yr Mum's getting better & you've had some lovely time together.

If you get a chance have a look at Avon reps etc on Netmums or money saving expert as it'll give you an idea of earnings, plus chat to people already doing it for an unbiased view (I did that when I was doing body shop). Thomas' job sounds promising, does that mean he'd get paid properly for sick days etc??

I'm doing great thanks hun, been very blessed to be one of the lucky ones post surgery. xx

Hi abz, it's lovely to hear from you darling. is it really 21 weeks since izzy was born, how time fly's love. Yes Olivia is like a little rat at the moment, she is crawling all over the place and getting in to everything.

She likes sitting in out kitchen and emptying the pan cupboard, you have that to come. LOL. :)

Ah.... Busy babies! Nothing like busy babies to keep you on your toes x

howdy guys. gave izzy her first 'real' food today. she's been on baby rice since monday and today we added carrots to it for brekkie, ha. i keep on making more and more and have huge amounts and think 'surely this time she won't want it all' and she just keeps on going and then wants boob afterwards... at least hopefully she'll finally put weight on... so more carrot in the morning :)

other than that we've been out to dinner this weekend and at a friend's house today. i've been eating rubbish by the ton and i'm enormous!! half a stone off by mid-december. the race begins tomorrow.

i also saw the orthodontist. i can't remember if you all know but my teeth clench the wrong way around. my bottom jaw is in front of my top one. so i can have surgery to break my top jaw and move it forwards. i would look different. but apparently for me it wouldn't be too dramatic as my lips hide the jaw difference quite well, but my profile would be different and my cheek bones would be more pronounced. so now i've just got to decide whether to go ahead or not. i've had all the prep done before but my boyfriend at the time persuaded me that i would be a different person if i looked different. he apologised years later as it was his insecurity. not mine and i regretted getting all the braces etc off and will now have to do it all again. so, do i go ahead? i'm not sure. it's low risk, no extra risks to any other surgery, i need to ask about them in more detail but they didn't seem to really be any. a year and a half to two years of braces. surgery, then more months of braces. hmm. but if i don't do it this time i'll be waiting years again to get to the top of the waiting lists again. aargh. i can't bite through food as my teeth don't meet at the front and they can't and it would be nice. but what if i don't like my new face? still. how he described it i would end up looking more like izzy and that could never be a bad thing :D :D

so we'll see. i'm rambling. ha. i have a friend coming over tomorrow so that will be nice. tuesday i am going to the bank to see whether they can offer me a cheaper mortgage deal and then i think i'm meeting friends through the week. so busy busy :)

love to everyone. hope all is ok? sorry i don't get chance to catch up all that much any more.

abz xx

Hi abz, That's good to hear about little izzy love. I can't advise on the surgery or stuff really.

You wanted it enough to get all the prep done before and would've gone ahead so I'm thinking it's something you wanted badly enough at the time. Search your soul and think "What do I really, really want?" Take everything else out of the equation because it is YOU that really matters in this - it is your look, your feelings, your image of yourself as you want YOU to be. Do what you have to do and Izzy will love Mummy whatever - and I'm guessing Thomas will support and love you whatever too x

Hey hun, how's it going? Have you made a decision yet? x

Morning abz, how's little izzy and you?

hey guys. all is well. spending my days getting prunes into izzy. poor kid's insides don't like real food that much :S she likes prunes though so that's something :)

so far my christmas challenge has resulted in my gaining weight. so not so great huh. a few weeks and the in laws will be landing so am looking forward to that. will post more pics of iz soon :)

abz xx

Back