Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

I think every one of us has our own emotional rollercoasters to deal with really.... although i'm quite enjoying my rollercoaster at the moment:p heehee ;) x

hi linzi. well. i have found it hard. however, i have lost nearly 3 stone. not as quickly as i could have as i've taken breaks for holidays and christmas and if i hadn't done that i'd probably be at target. but. i have lost nearly 3 stone. and i have done ww and sw and low carbing and all sorts of other things and never lost weight. you do have to stick at it, but the results are fast. and the more you have to lose the faster they are. you might want to choose a time when you aren't busy to start as the first week can be hellish, especially if you are having to run around as you can feel really lethargic while your body works out how to use fat as an energy source rather than carbs. and if you find it hard to do ss there is ss+ and the 810 plan, i was in mild ketosis on 810, so that's another option if you want a wee bit of food.

i would say this is the fastest way of doing things. it is difficult. but once you get used to not eating, it really just becomes normal. it's more difficult to deal with my mood swings when things go wrong because i don't have my comfort blanket. but it really does pinpoint what your triggers are. and it really does make you realise how much you ate before without noticing. people offering you something, eating while cooking, all that kind of thing.

it really is a personal choice. if you think you could do it, then i would do it. all you can do is try and see. the other thing is that it costs around £40 a week for me. but i get the more expensive things. usually it's around £35. it's a bit too expensive for me but while it's working i don't want to stop. am thinking of going back on the 1000 plan shortly though so i only need to buy 2, rather than 3 a day.

hope that helps?

abz xx

Thanks Abz.
I have a weekend away at the end of the month so am debating if to start before then or wait til afterwards.
Also need to speak to Hubby re justifying the cost of it.

I know when I did Cohens it was the all or nothing element that kept me on the straight & narrow (plus I was losing weight for my wedding).

If I get the go ahead from Paul then whenever I do decide to start it I will continue to low carb up until then... hopefully this'll help!

well i want to be a cambridge counsellor linzi, so i obviously think it can work, but i don't think it's fair to let people think it isn't difficult. but the amazing results you can get justify the means. the money is an issue for me and a lot of others. but it is working for me, so i'm going to stick at it for the moment. just polishing off my final tetra of the day :)

abz xx

You're doing great Abz - and I think you'll be a brill CDC.......you are so supportive and understand all the highs/lows of our journeys.

Hi there. Just stopping by before going to bed - sleep tight Abz x

Hope you're having an excellent day Abz :D

Linzi, woo, so you're going for it then?!! Good luck!! x

Hi Abz - i think you would make a great CDC!

Love

hi guys. thanks for the support on the cdc thing. i have about another stone to lose before i can go for it though. my weight seems to have decided to stay how it is so far this week. it went down yesterday and back up again today, although i believe that is due to my total crapness at drinking water. i don't think i drank any. just a lot of tea and coffee!! i was painting my mate's bathroom and totally forgot about it...

have the acky ketosis taste in my mouth today so i'm obviously in ketosis. my cdc gave me some ketostix to check with but i keep forgetting to use them!!

just really need to get cracking with the water today and hopefully the lb that went on today will be gone by tomorrow and will take a friend with it (well i don't want it to feel lonely do i?)

so gluggity glug.

good luck with the cdc linzi :D how exciting :D can't wait to hear how it goes :)

abz xx

Don't worry about the stagnant week - we all get them Abz. You're doing fantastic overall - you'll soon start losing again x

Well done on the painting - what a good mate you are helping out like that. I know what you mean about the water.....I was 10.045 on the scales yesterday (no clothes) and am 10.055 today.....grr! We should really try stay off the scales eh? Eh, yeah right, like THAT's going to happen LOL

Have a good day hun. x

Don't worry about those little fluctuations - they are all part and parcel of the big picture. I scale hop too but I don't bother to get screwed up with fluctuations - just find the process interesting x

so do i gem. and i know it's because i didn't drink any water yesterday.

so i'm not worried.

i know i'm in ketosis though. i have the horrid taste in my mouth and i'm absolutely bloody frozen!!

really looking forward to the dress thing tomorrow but am also very nervous.

How exciting - we've all been waiting too, for the dress fitting. I'm sure it'll be great......really makes it all so real eh?

Woo, DRESS FITTING! They're, like, my favourite two words put together, at the moment :p heehee, i'm actually very excited FOR you abz, arrrrr, i wanna try pretty wedding dresses on too and feel a bit like a princess.

Yeah, fluctuations are pretty much standard, and you kind of learn what's going on with your body and why you get them. but essentially, weighing every week gives you a pretty decent weight to go with...or should I say MASS, as i might get a slap from my high school physics teacher. x

i'm terrified. it's all very very real indeed now!! ha. still. trying on pretty dresses should be fun.

i also know we'll be going out for lunch and i don't want to spend the day wishing i could eat as it's an event that can only happen once so i'll stick to low carb but i'm not going to deny myself. my loss doesn't look like it's going to be anything amazing this week...

i'm terrified. it's all very very real indeed now!! ha. still. trying on pretty dresses should be fun.

i also know we'll be going out for lunch and i don't want to spend the day wishing i could eat as it's an event that can only happen once so i'll stick to low carb but i'm not going to deny myself. my loss doesn't look like it's going to be anything amazing this week...

You should just enjoy the day - you only get it once. I'm sure you won't go mad with lunch either, but if you do, so be it - there's a CD train leaving the platform every 10 minutes, so you can just hop back on! Enjoy the day - it's special. x

Back