Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Heehee, abz out on the streets once more eh?:p Lol... Banks are rubbish, money is rubbish, if I win the lottery Abz, you're my first port of call ;) But hey, at least you won't go crazy with your spending at the supermarket, that should make the diet just a little easier?

xxx

Abz enjoy your shift at work today?

What are you managing or aim to eat this week given temporarily no CD? Water and calorie counting perhaps?

Bren
X

OY. you rude lot!! not sure many would buy what i have to offer but then i wouldn't sell it anyway!!

yes elle, it is helping with random buying at the supermarket. am off to tesco to buy lunch shortly and i'm going to have to be very selective. unfortunately with OH feeling ill all weekend dragging him to the supermarket wouldn't have been a very good experience... so i'm going to have to go tomorrow...

am thinking of getting a turkey joint from tesco when i pop in though. £6 and it was lovely at christmas and they still seem to have them. that would do us for a couple of days :)

and yes bren. plenty of water and counting calories, and my coffee and tea intake has risen as, when the munchies hit, i'm drinking a cuppa!!

abz xx

Do you have a Lidl close by Abz - we have one here and I must say some of their stuff is bargainmungous! We worth a look if you get the chance.

we have a netto closeby barb. which is good for tinned things etc. but fresh stuff tends to go off quite fast. if i go to tesco and choose wisely i don't spend much more, it lasts longer and i get points :) but tinned things i think i'll pop into netto to get. like tinned tomatoes and pasta and rice etc.

abz xx

Lidl is fab, but does encourage you to spend more IMHO!! I went there this morning and spent 70e, and had just called in to get the weeks fruit and veg!!! I did buy oh a little pressie tho!! (valentines outfit!!) and a waist cincher, only 4.99 which is just as good as spanx, although I think I need the smaller size.
Anyway, I digress, I too thought you were going on the game!! lolol
xx

Valentines Outfit - That sounds naughty - perhaps Abz SHOULD go to Lidl x

what have you been buying mrs!! :D

i do recall lidl selling fantastic german gingerbread and mulled wine :D maybe i should get over there :D

abz xx

well i'm off out to a friends house tonight. possibly to watch dogville. possibly to watch some incredibly cheesy gay film. but either way i'm rather looking forward to it. i just need to negotiate a bus. and if i manage to get out of here on time woohoo. but i never do so i'm guessing that i'll be getting a slightly later bus...

not sure what we're having for tea but the friend in question is five foot one and a size 8 so i doubt it will be unhealthy...

am bloody starving though so i hope she doesn't wait too long to make it, ha. have had 700 cals so far today so doing well. and have had over a litre of water so far plus numerous coffees etc so a wee bit more water tonight to make my target and hopefully will still be under 14st in the morning.

back is really rather bad so hoping nabbing some ibuprofin off my mate will get me through tonight until i can get some in the morning.

catch you later folks.

abz x

Hi there, I have just been reading your posts and would like to say Hi and I am relatively new to the site.:wave_cry:

I went shopping to Marks and Spencers for some meat and believe it or not their local reared chicken is relatively cheap and their mince beef/lamb and bacon is around the same price as Tesco's or Sainsbury. I went to a small Marks and Sparks so I was not tempted to over spend.

I have cut my shopping bill down by over a half by shopping a few times a week. I pick up the basics on a Sunday, followed by some fish or meat during the week and you can pick up some great reduced items as well.

lets just say it didnt make it to Valentines day!!!!!!!!! lol. x

Woo-hoo Clarri - I guess you made it up big time with OH then? :D

Hey Abz, what about soups and casseuroles can you bulk make and serve with salad's so you have smaller portions???

Bren
X

Hi Bren (or should I say "Good Evening"). I do all kinds of things with lots of veggies and various beans and nuts as I don't often eat meat. I do veggie sausage casserole with steamed veggies, stuffed butternut squash, stuffed mushrooms and stuffed peppers with either steamed veg or salad. Jacket potatoes are a great stand by with salad too.

I love fish so I sometimes steam a salmon fillet (cheap frozen ones from Tesco, often on offer) with either veggies and wedges or salad. The wedges I do are in their jackets, blanched in boiling water, drained and then put into a sprayed tray (I use spray olive oil but you can use frylite) spray over them and add milled black pepper. Cook in a pre-heated oven around 30 mins, shaking occasionally to even up the coating and cooking - they're YUM! You can use sweet potatoes too but will prob not need so long cooking.

hi there pinkn34 and welcome to the site :) and my little diary :)

well guys. i do make a lot of things from scratch and i do do it cheaply too. it's the extras that cost us a fortune!!

i'm off to tesco today and the main aim of that is to get fresh fruit and veg, potatoes and some bread for OH. i'm planning on making a massive batch of my veg soup to freeze. think i'll pick up either some decent freezer bags or tupperware today too. may make an immense veggi bolognaise sauce to freeze and use bits up with pasta too. and maybe some curry, although OH doesn't like spicy. i do love stir fries too with a blue dragon sauce which are really low in fat and cals and about 50p for a two-person sachet. but then i already have a couple of those in the cupboard. we are quite adept by now at living through moneyless situations. i just don't like doing it!!

abz xx

hi there pinkn34 and welcome to the site :) and my little diary :)

well guys. i do make a lot of things from scratch and i do do it cheaply too. it's the extras that cost us a fortune!!

i'm off to tesco today and the main aim of that is to get fresh fruit and veg, potatoes and some bread for OH. i'm planning on making a massive batch of my veg soup to freeze. think i'll pick up either some decent freezer bags or tupperware today too. may make an immense veggi bolognaise sauce to freeze and use bits up with pasta too. and maybe some curry, although OH doesn't like spicy. i do love stir fries too with a blue dragon sauce which are really low in fat and cals and about 50p for a two-person sachet. but then i already have a couple of those in the cupboard. we are quite adept by now at living through moneyless situations. i just don't like doing it!!

abz xx
Hi Abz
Poor you, but you sound so self sufficient!!!! Im thinking the Good Life!!!
You will get through this.
xx

Back