Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

abz the alien. :D

Am I the first on the board this morning?

it would seem so jim :)

star trek rocked!!

well yesterday didn't go as planned foodwise. we went out to eat. i made sensible choices as we went out for tapas but i did have a glass of sangria. however i was so so full and i only ate about half of what i would have done previously!! it's insane. i had chicken and boiled rice, salad and aubergine with egg and salsa :) it was scrummy.

however, the worst news is yet to come. weighed myself this morning and i've gained half a stone in 3 days!! aargh!! i haven't been great with the water so some of it will be that, totm is due so it's possible that some of it is that, but generally it's because i haven't got back on track after being ill at the weekend. so today is the day. i've already been on my exercise bike and am sweating (sorry, perspiring) like a goodun and have my cambridge brekkie waiting for me for about 10 :)

if i go back to my cdc with a massive gain this week i just won't forgive myself!!

abz xx

Jeez, half a stone in 3 days!! I'd have to go on a mega carb binge to do that abz.

Don't fret that gain, I know it looks massive, but weight does flucuate a lot, TOM or not. If you're due, that'll be part of the reason. I'm sure if you weigh yourself again in a couple of days it'll have mostly disappeared again.

Oo, tapas! Love tapas :D Next time you're in York, go to El Piano, they're amaaaaaaaaazing :p Sounds like a good work out too, well done!

Bron

Don't worry, lots of water and pedalling and you'll knock that off as quickly as it went on. Don't understand because without rice your meal would have almost have been a green and white.

hi hun, how you doing babes? xx

Morning all, you're up early Daisy and Tazzi. :)

It's a beautiful day here in Birmingham.

hey jim! Lack of sleep is something I am getting used to. The entire bird population of this country seem to have taken to sitting on my roof and making such a noise! Now don't get me wrong it's a lovely summery sound and very sweet but it is driving me crazy! Talk about dawn chorus - they are a target for sure!

You live in the country then daisy? We don't have many birds around our way, to townified I suspect.

hi everyone. well yesterday i slept for the most part and went out for the IT night out lastnight... i made good food choices but had sangria. think i may beg not to be weighed this week!! aargh.

i am still so so tired. i went to the docs yesterday. turns out i have had a virus but hopefully it's over it's peak and i will start waking up soon :) but the next week will still be difficult. i'm also having a blood test next week to check my thyroid and blood sugar.

got my mri scan results back but i was feeling so naff about being so tired i totally forgot to ask if there's anything i can do about my back. 'wear and tear' on the disks he summarised it as, or chronic dehydration, which given the amount of water i drink isn't really a factor. and also the hole that one of the nerves comes out of is restricting the nerve, causing my sciatica. or at least that's how i read it. but i didn't think to ask if there was anything i could do other than wait to get older and for it to get bad enough for surgery... which seemed to be what he was implying. so i've made another appointment with the doc to go with my blood tests on thursday to find out.

so all in all i've had a lot to think about. and am angry with myself for managing to gain so much over this last week, even when being a wee bit careful. not as careful as i should be, but a fortnight before my dress fitting is not the time to fall in a bit flabby heap, so i'm still cracking at it.

i'm working this weekend, gah. and of course as soon as i get here there's a potential crisis. always on my weekends. ALWAYS. but now that i've escalated it i can sit back a wee bit.

abz xx

Hiya Abz
Sorry to hear things are not so great...hope u feel up to speed asap..
Have a nice weekend even though ur working :)

xxxxxxxxx

Hey sweetheart!

Sucks you're virused up. Sending fat free angel delight and sugar free Ribena your way to make you feel better :)

With the sciatica, I know when my FIL had it, it passed eventually. It'll take a while, but with physio you'll beat it. Maybe you could make an appointment with your doc and ask what to do. Good luck getting it sorted though.

It sucks when after a week of being careful, you don't succeed. It's probably one of the most demotivating things. But keep strong, be stubborn and say this week will be kick-a$s week. Don't let the scales destroy the positive mind set you had. A fortnight is plenty of time, you'll be fine for the next fitting.

Happy weekend!

Bron

bloody servers!!

well it's all sorted now :)

physio didn't help me bron. i've been and done that. only gentle exercise which i do as best i can and i still do the exercises they gave me. but i need telling what to do really because i don't know if they are even relevant. they weren't really expecting to find anything at all on the mri from what i remember. it was just a precautionary thing. and they found quite a bit. which i am almost glad about. at least i know i'm not being a drama queen, ha. but i don't want to be taking these bloody pills forever!!

no idea what the day has in store foodwise today. have my cambridge packs with me and we have pasta in for tea, so another 1000 day shouldn't be too difficult to do. after that brief flurry of activity this morning though i feel bloody awful... sodding body *grumble grumble*

abz xx

well chaps. i'm almost at the end of the working day. i'm absolutely friggin knackered!! all i want to do is go home, eat something, anything, and go to bed.

i've been thinking a lot about this week and the fact that i'll have had a gain at weigh in. but i have eaten out twice and made sensible choices. i haven't gone on a mega binge even though i've been ill and had bad news about my back. i haven't eaten what i should have but i haven't eaten incredibly unhealthily. i have managed not to eat when i wanted to just because i was bored. and i have left food when i was full rather than eating it just because it was there. so i have achieved a lot. perhaps not weight loss but i am changing my attitude to food and that's a fabulous feeling in it's own right. i just wish i could do it whilst losing bloody weight!! ha.

am going to ask my cdc if i could not be weighed this week. but she's going on holiday for a fortnight so i highly doubt she's going to let me get away with that!!

definately. i've gained half a stone this week i think. totm has hit and i am the size of a whale!!

don't be hard on your self abz, you've got to be eating some to put on half a stone and you know you havn't so its got to be retention, also ur having ur thyroid checked etc. xx

Back