Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

well chaps. i have two things to announce. the first is that i actually lost a couple of lbs this week. something i'm very proud of given it was izzy's birthday party, there have been numerous meals out, takeaways and celebrations and birthday cake, and i stuck to it and lost :D i had one bite of izzy's cake and that was it. i made loads of yummy food that i couldn't eat for the bbq and in the end had a couple of sticks of cheese and pineapple so i felt like i'd had party food, ha.

i have also finally lost a stone. from months ago. when i started doing slimming world, calorie counting, all of that, i hit the scales at 16st 11.8lbs. and i started at 17st 12 with the fear or all that's awful that i would hit 18 stones. and now i haven't :D

i do have the worry that i'm just not eating enough though. of course i have days where i feel like i eat quite a lot, but i also have days where i get to the end and think 'i've just had a boiled egg, some cheese and a slice of ham...' so i need to watch that carefully methinks. still. it's working so far. i would really like to be 15st something by the time we go to denmark in a month but that's unlikely, so i'm just going to go for it the best i can and see what happens :) plus, i won't be low-carbing whilst over there so i'm going to have to do some serious damage limitation with the danish pastries. the thought of having one of those is all that's keeping me on the straight and narrow at the moment, ha. thomas's parents have gone through a bit of an overhaul with diet though. neither of them were particularly overweight but they did have a lot of sweets and cake etc but t's mum was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and from what she's said she seems to be following a low gi diet to keep it under control so eating there will be far healthier.

it will be our wedding anniversary whilst we are over there, and hopefully thomas's sister will find out that she passed her masters and there will be a big party. not to mention izzy's danish birthday party and thomas's sister's birthday party and the 'haven't seen the family in 18 months' get together... so all in all not that diet friendly. i'll have to take up jogging or something :D

i can't wait. holiday!! ha.

oh. and i wasn't organised enough with izzy's passport and was misinformed on the phone about how long it would take so we're off to liverpool on saturday to get her one, ha.

abz xx

I'd absolutely love to go to Denmark, I bet it's beautiful! Did Izzy enjoy her birthday party Abz? xx

she seemed to elle, although i think she found the masses of people rather daunting, ha. but she warmed up through the day and was playing merrily after a wee while :D

abz xx

Yay you rock Abz... well done babes. x

I can't believe Izzy is a year old already - Happy Birthday (belated) Izzy x

scary isn't it? :D

well my weight continues to go down incredibly slowly, ha. but it's going down. i had another party and a wedding this last weekend and i managed to stick to it, but i did have a wee bit more vodka than i usually would (ie none) so maybe that has something to do with it :)

i'm still in the 16s although there is no way i'll may it to the 15s now as the holiday is looming, ha. not unless i have one hell of a whoosh!!

abz xx

Well done with the loss Abz - you are back in the zone x

to be honest gem, since i started low-carbing i don't feel like i ever left it. i've managed to keep on going through izzy and my mum's iconic birthdays and a wedding and several parties and it hasn't been that difficult. however i do have a final date in mind before i go to denmark so i suppose it's working well thinking that way. and i will do the same when i get back, set a mini-goal. probably for thomas's birthday. i will be doing damage limitation while i am away but i won't be low-carbing. there is too much danish pastry calling my name :D

Hmm.... there's always something shouting at you when you go away isn't there - enjoy the pastries and sort it out later I reckon x

Morning abz, and all that smorgasbord as well :)

that really doesn't interest me jim. but cake o clock really does. and there's always a brunch in there somewhere too. and meals out. and a dinner with all of thomas's family. and there's a couple of birthday parties in there... since we haven't seen them all for 18 months i'm just going to enjoy it and then get back on the wagon :)

You don't like smorgasbord abz? I love it all those lovely little crunchy tasty snacks, yum yum. so moresifh love

nah. it isn't my thing. wish it was, low carbing would be far easier :D i don't like their penchant for fish either... ha. but there's always the cake to fall back on :D

Morning abz, ah yes, I love the fish as well LOL

ick!! i tried a bit of everything one christmas and was violently ill. nobody else was so i obviously reacted badly to something. don't know what it was though so i'm banned from eating it all, ha. it wasn't a great crimbo... :D

abz xx

i have thanks linzi :)

i have made it through an entire day today of blokes eating sarnies, chocolate, cookies, biscuits and drinking beer and i sat with my cheese strings and a few chicken legs and 3 squares of dark chocolate, ha. how virtuous am i :p

just under three weeks until denmark. i can't believe how close it is. and i'm actually scared of coming off this, like i won't be able to control myself or something. but i've learned quite a lot of self-control over the last however many weeks it's been so surely i'll manage some serious damage limitation while i'm over there?

abz xx

Morning abz, that's great control there love :)

Abz you're the queen of self control when you want to be! Remember Birmingham? You were only allowed to eat salad I think and couldn't find any, so sat there watching Taz, Gem & I scoffing our jacket potatoes. And of course avoiding us when buying/eating chocolate/chocolate covered fruit at the German market!! xx

Back