Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Morning abz, we used to do that with the kids when we were driving over from Germany to visit. they'd sleep most of the way to the Hook of Holland, and then I'd sleep on the ship while Colleen looked after them.

Morning Abz!

Hope you all had a lovely time visiting your Mum? What did you get up to? did you get the nice sunshine yesterday too?

Hope youre all ok.

Hello Abz :) How are things? hope you are well and had a nice Easter time! is Izzy a bit young yet to understand egg hunting and the like? I am sure she enjoyed some chocolate at least :D

hey everyone. i was trying to come on here whilst in scotland but am totally baffled by the new formatting. i couldn't find my subscribed threads for ages.

well we got stuck in scotland for a bit due to fuel, weather etc but got back last week. we've been eating like pigs for a long time. i did the dreaded weigh in on monday and i haven't put on as much as i thought i had. i thought i had gone back to square one and further, but it isn't the case.

i have a few targets that i would like to make if i can do it without sabotaging myself. i doubt anyone has lost and gained the same couple of stones as many times as me. it's so depressing!!

I have the orthagnathic surgery on my jaw, and i should come out looking different so it would be nice to be thinner for that. that's at the end of the summer some time. the danes are thinking of inviting us over in july i think, and they've commented on my weight, mainly out of concern i think, but it still pissed me off, ha. anyways.i can't go there heavier than i was the last time i was there at christmas!! so i've got that to do. i'm going to my cousin's wedding in august and would love to be thinner for that.

and then of course there's my 30th birthday in january. if i'm fat for that i will be so unbelievably disappointed in myself. so that's the ultimate goal. i won't get to target by then, i have too much to lose, but hopefully i will get a fair chunk off.

i would like to lose half a stone a month if possible. i've been researching sports bras as i've been informed, finally, that impact exercise won't damage my back any further and hopefully when i get my pain management team appointment they'll be able to do something about it. a friend of mine is training for a 10k run and said she'd do extra little bits with me to just keep fit (i was worried about holding her back) so once i manage to get out of the house (doing lots of work so slave to pc at the moment) i will be off to bravissimo. i've never been able to run with such big boobs so hopefully this will be different.

so there's the plan. follow slimming world as it works as long as i do it :D increase exercise once i get boobs in control. and the docs keep giving me different meds to find out whether a weaker one will work as pain relief before they give me the hardcore stuff, so here's hoping the ones i get tomorrow do. it will make post-exercise pain relief far easier if they actually work!!

hope everyone is doing ok.

abz xx

hello everyone. still going strong. managed to buy myself a sports bra and am set to start 'running' (read walk and jog occasionally) this next week. wish me luck!!

abz xx

You seem to have a plan Abz - Go for it Girl x

We're still her Abz - I've been in Cornwall for 2 weeks and only logging into my diary as the wi-fi was a bit up and down where I was staying. I'm fine - made redundant in December but waiting to go back 2 days a week x

Helllllllllllo Abz :D

Wow, go you! you have a brilliant plan there. Lots of things to aim for, so lots of goof goals and motivation.

You know I am sure you'll enjoy the running, it'll help give you a bit of time away and get out and about. You might discover new parts of your local area too :) are you going to a park? Yeah walking and jogging a bit is a good way to start. I'd come with you if i lived closer, i like running... but yeah you do have a problem there without a sports bra, so hope that helps!

Good to hear you are in good spirits abz and i look forward to hearing about how the weight is dropping off :D woooo

well i've been and done it. i barely ran. i walked, ran a bit, walked again, attempted to run again and stopped after about 15 seconds, ha. but i kept walking quickly. i didn't stop dead. so that's something. if i hadn't been with my oldest friend i think i would have been mortified rather than cross with myself that i was so unfit and only a little embarrassed. ha. still. she says it will be better next time. i think she would drag me out if i changed my mind. but i haven't.

one major problem that really put me off though was that my bra straps kept falling off my shoulders, therefore making them null and void as far as support went so i spent the whole time attempting to run dragging up my bra straps every second strap. so i'll have to put a wotsit in between them at the back to hold them on and hopefully that will make it a bit easier. damn having no shoulders!! ha.

now. must remember not to reward running with pizza...

......a small, low fat, low calorie pizza maybe. Well done - that was 10/10 for effort and much better next time x

well, new plan :D

i decided i would start doing the couch to 5k running plan after someone at a baby group i go to mentioned it when i said i'd struggled. basically it plans out nine weeks of interval running, the idea being that by the end of week 9 you can run 5km... ha. you can take longer if you like, so repeat weeks or days of it, but you can't go faster.

the first run five minutes brisk walk to warm up, 60secs run, 90 secs brisk walk, rinse and repeat for 20 minutes, 5 minutes cooldown walk. easy right?

i decided to do the first one in my living room. easy peasy. did it with no problems. was aware however that running on the spot is probably a lot easier than running outside. given that i'm running along the canal with my friend on wednesday i decided to go outside but don't like doing these things alone. and i don't like people being able to see me. cue my delightful husband, ha.

he and izzy had been at the local abbey and he had found what he called a garden, which turned out to be a bowles pitch that hasn't yet been done up for the season so the grass is all smushed etc, and him and izzy had played in it last time they went for a walk there.

so this afternoon, thomas and izzy came with me and they played with a ball and walked around and around and i ran around and around the path around the edge, ha. i did feel a little bit silly but it was out of view of most, and completely flat.

let me just say running inside doesn't count. it was about 8 times harder. after the first two 60sec bits i thought i wasn't going to make it half way through. they it seemed to get easier. there was swearing when i thought i just had one more set of running to go and then the woman said 'only two more runs left'. glad izzy wasn't in hearing range :D

the woman i refer to is on a podcast. they've made a podcast of it that plays music and tells you when to walk and when to run so you aren't watching seconds count down and swear that time is going slower. it's really a very good idea.

so i made it. i thought it would be easier, but i still made it. even if i had to be very sure to lift my feet off the floor by the end so it was officially jogging (i probably could have walked faster) and even if 'brisk walking' probably wasn't really what i was doing by the end.

my calves kill, but i'm chuffed for doing it. and it's a very good way to measure whether you are getting better. if you just use distance or speed you have to keep checking on how far you've gone or how much time has passed and that seems a very good way of psyching myself out. now that i've done it once i know that i can do it again, even though it's horrid (i was thinking 'who's bloody idea was this?' during the last few jogs) and it should get easier. and then once i can do the 60 second jog 90 sec walk without it killing me i can move onto the next lot. i think they are 90 second jog, 2 minutes walk. then the week after that is 3minutes jog i think. but i'm trying not to look too far ahead given that jogging for 60 seconds at a time was incredibly difficult!!

i would have been so upset if i hadn't made it to the end. i have read some diaries and know that some people don't on the first go, but i think i would have found it very difficult to keep on going if i hadn't done it once. now at least i know that if i don't manage to do it another time, i have done it before so it is possible.

am waiting for the delivery of my lovely red spotty running shoes (they were only £8 more than the cheapest ones i could find so i decided to treat myself, motivation dontcha know :D) and hopefully that will make it a tad easier too :D

so. next attempt on wednesday. thomas is really into helping me do this while he's off work so him and iz are going to come to the bowles green with me while i gain confidence and it's so nice to be able to moan about it afterwards with him, ha. and seeing izzy waving at me as i stagger about is lovely too :) and i'm rubbish at doing things alone. ha.

wish me luck!! i think i'm going to need it :D i'm not doing this for weight loss. i'm doing it for fitness, although weight loss will hopefully be a side effect. am following sw too.

loads of love to everyone.

hope you are all ok.

abz xx

I'm here with the good luck Abz - running is not something I could do x

Woooo go you! I am so proud :D that's brilliant.

Sounds like a huge challenge that though :S am impressed. But as you say, it will get easier. Imagine that feeling when you are finding it easier and thinking back to how hard it was. It will be good for everything this kinda running too, your fitness, weight, back, breathing, confidence :) woo.

Keep us posted. Am enjoying hearing what you're up to :D yay.

I like the sound of your new running shoes too! you definatly deserve them.

my run today was postponed until tomorrow morning thanks to torrential rain. i would have gone out anyway. i mean, i do kick out enough heat to warm half of leeds once moving, but was supposed to be running with a friend, can't run two days in a row and c25k does account for one two-day gap per week, even if i wasn't wanting to use it, ha. so no harm. we are going tomorrow even if it's trenching down. so wish me luck. i'll let you know how i get on :)

hope the interview went well bon. off to check :)

abz xx

hello hello. well i did couch to 5k week 1 run 2 today. it's exactly the same as the first one. all the runs in week 1 are the same. i think this week may be a very long week as i want this running for 60 secons and then walking for 90 seconds to become a lot more effortless than it has been, ha. went with a friend of mine who set her lowest pace and then had to keep jogging on the spot for me to catch up. if i hadn't known her for 26 years it would have been embarrassing!! she doesn't seem to mind though. in fact she wants to come out with me more often. i'm not sure she should though because she is trainging for a 10k run and she certainly doesn't get any training in with me. she didn't draw a heavy breath!!

got soaked of course because it was trenching down but i quite enjoyed it. it kept me cool instead of a nuclear reactor in overload. so no problems there. have managed to eat well today. so all is good. went to a soft play for the afternoon and continued my workout clambering amongst all the apparatus as izzy isn't quite tall enough to clamber up some of it without a nudge yet. of course the sliding down the massive slide repeatedly was also in support of izzy :D

hope everyone is doing ok. here's to run three of week 1 in two days :)

abz xx

run three of week one completed today and it was much easier. by no means easy. but much easier. and i already knew i could do it so i didn't have to battle inner demons either, ha. i will do this run at least once more and see how i feel about it. i want it to be comfortable to do before i move onto the next one. part of me wants to complete the things as fast as possible, but i know if i try to do one and can't manage it i will feel totally disillusioned, so would rather it took me longer and i actually managed to do it than shorter and i give up :)

abz xx

Hey hun,

Well done on sticking with it in the horrible weather. I know I couldn't do it so I'm going with using a treadmill with an incline instead. I did W1D1 today but got myself confused at the end and did an extra run!! I also did some cross trainer and bike afterwards and am now feeling it EVERYWHERE! Think tomorrow will be a rest day. Keep it up!!

Back