Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

May have to use my old account even though I dont like the name.... cant stand not being able to do stuff on the new one coz I havent posted enough xx

Hi Jenny. PM Pierce and get your old account changed x

i was about to say that jenny. go to the help bit of the website and get in touch with pierce the techie :) he'll sort it out for you :)

howdy howdy. still slimming worlding. i went for a weigh in for the first time in weeks after being ill and managed to stay exactly the same. which i suppose is a good thing. have been really good this week so am hoping for a loss. am going to be most annoyed if not. i'm over 16st. it should be dropping off me!!

other than that i don't have much news really. have a very constipated toddler, who is refusing to poo now because it hurt so much last time. the amount of fibre, fruit, lactulose etc that is now in that child she should have no option. but the amount of distress it caused i'm not surprised she doesn't want to do it again. so now we just wait... lovely ey? :)

working a bit here and there again. so that's good news. woo.

how about all of you. any news?

abz xx

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDES :)

How are you all my lovelies?

I am currently doing Weight Watchers folks :) I spotted some awesome Abi pics yesterday on facebook and it reminded me to get back on here because I really enjoyed banging on about rubbish with my lovely minimins friends. However, I feel having my own diary will not work, simply because not that many people read it lol. But I shall keep you all posted on my progress.

We are closer to having IVF treatment - see if we can't have a healthy bambini rather than a possibly very very poorly one. The clinic are currently creating the tests they will need to perform on any embryos we end up with to see if they have beta thalassaemia or if they are healthy. Meanwhile, I decided that if I had to wait to get pregnant I was going to lose as much weight as possible to a)give myself the best chance of conceiving and b)because hopefully that will mean I won't head off back towards where I used to be in terms of weight during pregnancy. Also, I was beginning to put weight back on so I caught it just in time.

I started off 7 weeks ago at 13st 4lbs. I am now 12st 10lbs, so 4lbs off healthy weight. Normally weigh on Fri afternoon, although I won't be able to make my meeting this week for the first time as I have far too much work. My overall aim is 11st....

And Gem, you have had an incredible influence. I put half a pound on one week and wasn't really gutted at all. Found myself calling it a squatter!

SORRY TO BORE EVERYONE!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

By the way folks, I think we should have our 4 year anniversary meet! ;) xx

That sounds like a good idea but Taz is waiting for another knee op at the moment so it may have to wait for the new year x

hiya Abz I have my name changed YAY!!! but I put on weight booooo !!! 4lbs :( I went to a wedding a last weekend and I put on 2lbs just after it and they stayed all week then suddenly weigh in day today and another 2lbs joined them :( not happy at all. I really wanted to be a stone lighter after a month and now Ive only got a week to go and 11lbs to loose :(

Ah.... that's just squatters Jenny - they'll be gone in no time x

hey everyone. sorry i vanished for a bit there. i've been working ridiculous numbers of hours. so it is with contract self-employed work. there's none for months and then you realise you've been sitting at the pc for 15 hours straight, only stopping to wee... so that's been my life this week, ha. knackered. tomorrow morning should see the end of it unless i get another job. part of me really hopes that i will because i need the cash. part of me wants to go to bed forever, ha.

i lost 4lbs last week. woohoo. go slimming world. thomas was very proud. he decided i needed rewarding. and what was that reward you might ask?? a bloody dark chocolate orange!! bless him. his heart is in the right place but really!! ha. so it's my active deterrent in the kitchen now. i look at it all the time and think 'no, i don't really want you'. now if it had been a packet of hobnobs i'd have been a goner!! but i can resist chocolate orange. so it's all good.

i had better have lost weight this week. i've been so good. mainly because i've been working so much i haven't had time to eat things i shouldn't. but i have had strepsils etc which i refused to use my sysns on.. so we shall see. i have a horrid chesty cough, sore throat and a cold. if i gain i'm blaming it on extra mucus!! :D weigh in is tomorrow evening so i'll let you know how that goes :)

great news on the continuance of your baby plans elle :) it's a good idea to lose weight beforehand. not so you don't gain it in pregnancy. oh no. i was the same weight after having izzy as i was before. then i gained a couple of stones living on junk when she was tiny and i was tired and couldn't be bothered to cook :D so getting into healthy habits now will hopefully save you from that :) i didn't get on with ww but obviously it works for a lot of people. seems to be doing so for you :)

i really don't want to be fat at 30. and lets face it. i have three and a half months before i hit the big 30. i'm not going to get thin in that time. i could lose a couple of stones though. i think i weighed in at 16st 7 last monday. so here's to getting to 14st something before my birthday... just after christmas.... it's always a sod that!! ha. but i'll give it a go. what's that at 2lbs a week? *gets out calculator and calendar...* there's approximately 16 weeks to my birthday. i can do 2 stones in that right? well. i'm not going to big it up or set a big target because i won't reach it. right now i want to be 15st something. like i was before last christmas. oh my god. i can't believe i've spent since last christmas trying to get back to 15st something. that's just depressing. and i'm going to have to change sw classes. and i'm probably going to have to go back to the one i left in january. which is fine. but i want to be at least the same size as i was then!! ha. everyone else will be thin by now!! :D

right. i've rambled on and on and now i'm going to bed.

nighty night everyone xx :D

abz xx

It's SO hard sometimes when other stuff gets in the way. I've had a few years of not doing much more than put on the weight I lost, plus a bit. As you can see from the ticker - I'm back on the move again. I hope you get the results you are looking for this week and for your birthday x

thanks gem. i'm sitting and waiting for my boss to appear online so we can finishe a report. thing is, we don't have a scheduled time, just when we both start work given that i just want him to check through the report with me. so. he could be in bed. he could be reading it. but i am just going to have to sit here until he appears. good that i have minimins to keep me company :)

abz xx

Good being able to work from home but I bet it is quite intrusive x

it's great. but at the same time if your pc is in your bedroom like mine is you tend to fall out of bed, get ready, sit at computer, work stupid hours, get out of chair, get ready for bed, sleep, repeat. and you can't get away from it or switch your brain off properly. and i have to avoid seeing izzy because otherwise it really eats into my work time wanting to play with her or go somewhere interesting with her and thomas. so my best option is to cut myself off completely.

still. it's brilliant :) and i'm happy to do it. it would be nice if it was a little more regular however :)

abz xx

thanks gem. trotting along :)

izzy has gone off visiting family for a couple of days with my mum. i still have this horrid cough cold sore throat thing going on and all i want to do is hide under my duvet with lots of grand designs episodes and some chocolate. but i am holding out so far :)

thomas has yet another back appointment today. hopefully he will get some answers. he wants me to come with him given that he finds it difficult to think of the right questions to ask when put on the spot. especially if they tell him something he doesn't want to hear, it all goes out of the window. i was trying to point out this morning that even if they say he could still damage it, that doesn't mean he can't go back to his job. it depends on what that means, so we'll see. hopefully it will be fine, they'll be able to offer him pain management and he'll be able to get back out there and back to work so that we aren't living off mortgage insurance and anything i make. because the end of the mortgage insurance is looming. the thing is, i don't even know when it ends. but i think it's january. possibly february, because they don't pay for the first 30 days. so whether that's counted within the year i don't know. but we are squirreling away as many nuts as possible.

i say that and now i'm going to tell you that i'm off to a rather nice knitting shop to get myself a lovely knitting project. for me. i keep not doing this because i wanted to get thinner before knitting myself something wonderful, but that could be forever away. so i'm just going to go for it. do a wrap around something or something, ha. really nice yarn, really nice pattern and challenge myself with something :)

abz xx

Back