Abi's weightloss diary - post jaw surgery

Oh my phone seems to load posts in bits. Oops. So I and more to reply to. Aw izzy will enjoy her little holiday with your mum.

That's good that you've had so much work on so can earn some pennies.

I've been meaning to email for weeks but don't get on the computer much now :( I owe you an email though.

Hope it went ok for Thomas and his back appointment.

thanks bon :)

all is going well so far this week. i've been super good so am hoping to have a good loss.

am investigating scan bran cake after our sw leader brought some in for us to try last week. it was nommy :D so thinking of making a different kind and seeing what happens... will let you know how it turns out. ha.

abz xx

Hey abs, congrats on the weight loss. Well done on sticking to your plans with everything that is going on.

Miss you xx

howdy everyone. had a rather dissapointing loss of half a lb this week despite being uber good. but i think i may be retaining water due to totm judging by my need to rip annoying people's heads off. i'm usually so calm. i only get pmt when losing weight (probably because i can't comfort eat, ha) but at least it's a sign that it's working. and it's going in the right direction.

it was taster night last night in group so i made a free quiche. all totally free. it had onions, mushrooms, butternut squash, green pepper, red petter and leeks in it, because that's what i had in the fridge, ha. and three eggs to 150g of fat free cottage cheese. i doubled that because i was making a massive one for everybody.

was rather nervy having not tasted it myself when offering it to everyone else, but it was really really nice. and totally free. and obviously i can add whatever meat or cheese i have allowance for to it. so that was a success and i believe i'll make one today for me to actually eat, ha.

still fighting off my cold. i want it to go away so i can get back onto my exercise bike. i just don't have the will when not well and i don't want this cough to linger any longer!! bugger off!! ha. so hopefully once i'm exercising that will be all good.

we were also told that it's only 10 weeks until christmas. can't believe that it's that close!! i weighed in at 128lbs on my home scales this morning. i would have to lose 19lbs off that in order to be 14st something by christmas. and i weighed in at 16st 4.5lbs at slimming world last night, so basically the same. can i lose 2lbs a week on average? probably not. but i'm going to give it a shot :) the closer i make it the better. if i don't make it then i'll just have to hope i can before the 24th of january and my 30th birthday. oh my god!!

hope everyone is doing well?

abz xx

You're doing well Abz. It is really difficult losing weight near TOTM so don't worry too much x

Yeah, you have just got to discount one week in the month completely. The upside is you'll have a good weigh-in next week.

I take it you just cook the SW free quiche in the dish, without the pastry?!

Haven't done SW but 2lbs a week is certainly achievable so you'll crack the barrier into 14 stone if you stick at it. When you lose a bit maybe try that couch to 5K thing again. I read about it on here and gave it a go and found it quite good. Got to about week 4 or 5 and was running for about 20 minutes non-stop on the treadmill. Couldn't believe it. Never ran before in my life like that!

hi night-owl :)

yes, i'm still plodding along, and yes, the quiche is pastryless, and nicer for it actually... no soggy or dry stuff at the bottom :)

have just watched seven pounds which thoroughly depressed me. so am now off to find something that isn't chocolate to cheer me up :)

abz xx

Oh that quiche sounds so yummy abi! The pastry is the worst bit I think.
Aw you'll get there. Sounds like you're doing really well and just think how you'll lose that bit more next week in weigh in xx

good morning. it was weigh in day last night and i lost 2.5lbs. so happier with that i think :) in fact there was a happy dance. the happy dance comes into effect at around 2lbs, ha. and thankfully i've done it a few times recently.

i am now 16st 2lbs. don't think i'll make it to 14st something by the time christmas comes around, but at least i should be well into the 15s. and lighter than i was last christmas when i got to 15st 10. it will only be a few lbs, but possibly the first year i've ended lighter than the year before in a while. so that's something :)

how are all of you doing?

abz xx

well looking at your pics taz you're looking fab. you've done brilliantly. how much more do you want to lose?

abz xx

thanks gem :)

well yesterday i spent most of my day hanging around waiting for my work to arrive in my inbox whilst knitting a dinosaur. i now have all the bits and part of a sewn up dinosaur, but the work arrived this morning. hurrah. working through until friday now. good times :)

still waiting for it to arrive but i know it is imminent now. so, mango, mmm. ha. and coffee.

am already starting to get nervous about going away to denmark at christmas. i know that's silly given how far away it is. and usually i wouldn't really be bothered. i would deal with it afterwards. but it's my 30th birthday on the 24th january and i want to lose as much as i can before then. and everything is out of my control. except for not making a christmas cake this year, ha. i'm sure i'll be fine. tum tee tum.

abz xx

hey everybody. i'm knackered. i've done 34 hours work in two and a half days. and i'm shattered. and all evening all i've done is dither about not knowing what i want to do because i feel like i should be working, ha.

thomas wants to go out to dinner tomorrow night and i don't want to. partly because i don't want to spend the money, but mainly because i always manage to wreck my diet. i would love to go out but does it always have to involve food?

so i'm sitting here with a glass of wine, not really sure what to do with myself, dead tired but not wanting to go to bed. it's one of those meh evenings i think.

abz xx

Sometimes you just have to do it - go out, enjoy a meal, not too silly but good. I think you can go out for a meal, embrace the squatters and then serve eviction papers and disperse them forthwith. If you remember from the past, a couple of squatters over the weekend can be shifted pretty promptly and careful handling can move a bit extra besides x

well after being golden and refusing to eat out i gained 2lbs... i have absolutely no idea how, but i'm writing everything down this week so that if it happens again then it can be pointed out to me what i'm doing wrong, ha. i'm not particularly miffed. hopefully they'll be gone with at least half a friend next week. was hoping to get below 15st by crimbo but that isn't happening. but maybe 15st 7? we'll see. whatever i lose will be better than nothing.

izzy has been really ill the last couple of days. she got really quiet and still and glassy-eyed this morning. it was a bit scary, so went to the docs only to have her perk up when we got there of course, but i was still pleased to see it. after giving her 5mls of fluid out of a syringe every 20 minutes for a couple of hours, then 10 minutes, then 5 she has finally kept some down. so that's all good. and she's now eaten some dry toast. she's visibly lost weight and given that she's slender already we can see her ribs poking out :( it's horrid. hopefully tomorrow we can start getting more into her and turn that around.

hope everyone else is ok?

abz xx

I hope Izzy is better soon. You won't take long to drop the poundage Abz x

Back