Abit personal!

alioreilly

Hi, I have alot of weight to lose - over 10 stone. I have been on and off the wagon more times than I care to remember! This time though I am determined. I am going to list a few reasons why I have to lose weight. (Abit personal!)

1. I want to stop looking at the chairs in restaurants/cafes before the menu to see if they will take my weight!

2. Getting continously sweaty and rashes in all folded places!

3. Bladder is getting weaker.

4. Worried about the seatbelt on a plane as well as squeezing my huge bum into the seats!

5. Turnstiles - OMG - avoid at all costs.

6. Painful periods - can't get exploratory surgery until I lose weight.

I think that’s enough to be getting on with!!!

You can do it, they are great reasons to get slim and healthy! Just keep chipping away and you will get there. Best of luck!!

aww thanks for sharing - i think putting it out there makes it more real.

Stick around as the support on here is fantastic :)

I have about 10 stone to shift and have a very similiar complaints list to you. Im going to Disneyland paris in june and really want to be able to fit into the eurostar seats. Have a concert coming up in a couple of weeks too and im already panicking over that.

Negativity over with.... we are doing something about it now. Think of all the positives and focus on each and every shiny 7. We could even be diet buddies as we are close with the figures.

We can do it :)

*waves* fellow festively plump girlie here... can totally get where ur coming from... I have lots of stones to lose but I've lost 6st 3lb so far, and all the paranoias do eventually begin to soften. As my dear boyfriend remarks,going out no longer causes a meltdown, I will go to a restaurant and have a meal (chairs do get a little check first still) . Set smaller targets so it doesn't seem so big, little challenges along the way too. And most of all, enjoy it! This is a new chapter - best of luck!! xx

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Thing is people dont seem to understand why we panic in these situations. I HATE garden furniture, either my arse gets stuck or the legs bend or snap or it sinks into the ground so far it looks like im a wee garden gnome. (ok, an exagerration but you get my point)

Wow ur fears could have been mine a yr ago, hated eating out ESP if place had those chairs that were stuck in place, where u had to squeeze through.

U can do it just set urself mini goals b4 long u will have chipped away at the weight, I still set myself mini goals & I am quite happy at my size now, but am determined to get to goal none the less, take it 7lbs at a time they soon build up as the weight drops off :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last summer I sat in a chair in a beer garden and it collapsed underneath me. Luckily there was no-one there but my best friend, but I was still mortified. Next summer (2013) I'll be able to sit in any chair! Best of luck to you :)

I totally understand your worries, I started at 21st, currently at now at 18st 0.5lb.

I still have a long way to go till my target but I take it 7lbs at a time and I know that I probably won't get there till about May next year.

I have noticed quite a few differences after only losing a few stone though. One is I am 4 sizes smaller in clothes! I no longer feel like I may collapse after having to go up and down the stairs in work, and my joints aren't as sore. I have a lot more energy and don't feel like I need a nap when I get home. Another is that I went on holiday in November last year I felt much more comfortable on the plane it didn't feel as if the seatbelt was cutting me in half.

Sx

We can do it ladies!

I stared at just under 20st and almost 18st now. Im almost 1/5 of the way there now!

Wow this could be me! I have all these exact worries too. I have to check all seats before I sit and wont even dare look at garden furniture! :cry:Just started this week and loving ProPoints!

Last edited:
I wanna look skinny in a dress!! .. :cool:

Best of luck! I think a lot of us can relate. When I wrote my list out I was actually kinda surprised how many of my motivations were health-related/everyday life, rather than superficial reasons like looking good in clothes. I suppose once you feel healthy and proud of yourself, the rest comes naturally.

I cant even get a bath :cry:Im too heavy to lift myself up, so havent had a bath for years, :sigh: showers all the way here. I sooooo want a long hot bath.

Wow ur fears could have been mine a yr ago, hated eating out ESP if place had those chairs that were stuck in place, where u had to squeeze through.

U can do it just set urself mini goals b4 long u will have chipped away at the weight, I still set myself mini goals & I am quite happy at my size now, but am determined to get to goal none the less, take it 7lbs at a time they soon build up as the weight drops off :)

wow u look great hon. did u lose all the weight by weight watchers? x

Kayee said:
wow u look great hon. did u lose all the weight by weight watchers? x

Thank u :-D yes lost it all doing weight watchers, started jan 11, I spent about 5 mths just watching what I ate on ww, then introduced exercise, I still don't exercise as much as I should, mainly because I have a busy week & am usually shattered by end of the day, although I do walk a lot more and use the gym about 2-3 times a wk most wks (haven't been at all last 2 weeks as been super busy)

Back