About Time I Started One!!

Sinead2005

Silver Member
I am so kicking myself i didn't start one of these at the beginning but i suppose better late than never!!

Today is Day 30 for me.

At the beginning i got a bit obsessed with jumping on the weighing scales so i got my DH to put it in the attic for a while, so now i have no idea how i do when hopping on the scales in the pharmacy.
My hubbie thought that i would last 3 days (he has lived through weight watchers, unislim, dukan and knows what i am usually like!)....so i am proud of myself how i am doing..and will prove to him that i can do it!!

Feeling ok but on antibiotics and steroids for a chest infection and just not hungry or thirsty but still trying to drink some water!

Usually with a chest infection i would go out and buy about 6 icecreams and eat them over the space of about 2 days, telling myself that they were good for my sore throat, now i know that i don't actually need them lol

Today is Day 31!!

Feeling a lot better today, antibiotics and steroids have kicked in! Feeling half human again.

Water is going ok but really having a hard time with the eating (omg i never ever ever thought i would say something like that lol)

Nearly made a massive mistake today......decided to go to Tesco, food shopping, went at 1.30pm without my lunchtime soup! DH and DD with me didn't help when they started eating the ends of the baguette from the trolley lol First time since i started LT that i felt like i didn't care where i was or who was looking at me but i was going to cry!! and of course, typical, when i got home and ate about a half a bowl of soup, i had had enough.
When I think back on the size of the dinner plates i used to eat and then finish left overs as well, it stuns me that i can manage with a bowl of soup now. I have already decided that first thing i will buy before i come off the TFR is a new small dinner plate for me.

Day 32!!

Took a day off work today to make sure i am nearly normal returning tomorrow, nearly there now.

Was thinking today about weights i can remember over the years. I found a booklet that i had when i was pregnant with my daughter in 2005 and first weight on that was 120kgs (18st 12) and that was when i was 21 weeks pregnant. Only recent weight i have to go on.

The weight i remember before that was when i was going to weight watchers and getting down to 16st3...that was in 2002, i think, SO i decided today going to make that the first big goal in this journey!

Before that, i remember getting to 11st11 with weight watchers or unislim in about 1994......

So as you can all see, i have been really lax about it all through my life and now i know i have to do something drastic about it. I never managed to lose more than 2 stone and what usually happened was that i lost interested and would forget about it for a while. If i missed a weigh in with WW it was easier to miss another one, telling myself i would do better the next week.......2 weeks became 3, then 3 became 4 and then i would forget all about it lol

I know i comfort eat, when i am upset, bored, ill, any occasion really lol

I also realise that i used to eat to reward myself......like i would go buy something cos it was payday, or just in general decide i needed a treat. I know the odd treat isn't what caused me to be this weight...but i would often "treat" myself several times a day.. All boils down to no selfcontrol!!.......

I think that the biggest lesson i am learning at the moment is realising that it is ok not to be stuffed to the gills after dinner, that "half hungry" feeling isn't going to kill me!!

I know exactly what you mean about the self control Sinead! I was writing about that the other day-on a different thread I think, anyway, yes that's why I can do LT, no grey areas for me. Its defo teaching me control - either I do it or I don't, no in-betweens!

You must have self control too otherwise you wouldn't be able to do TFR and I think you're doing just great : )

you will find once you come off and you dont have the restrictions in place with lipotrim it is a lot harder, especially once you start to get that hungry feeling come back again. your right about the control thing. thats really what it is that and giving yourself a good talking to when the voices in your head say, oh sod it, have a cake, one wont hurt' which im guilty of doing in the past the same as everyone else lol

im ashamed to say towards the end of my eating habits and coming back on liptrim i was existing on tubs of icecream and cookies. i hated myself for doing it but i was in such a downward spiral i didnt know how to get out of it until i hit rockbottom.

thats when i came back to lipotrim feeling the most down ive ever felt i think.

thank god for everyone on here and their support and thank god its so quick thats all i can say!

love the dairy by the way and thanks for visiting mine!

h x

Day 33!!

This site has become like a family to me!! After 13 hours at work, i come home and log in to see how everyone is doing!!

Long day at work but went well.....was able to have soup for lunch and while waiting for a meeting to begin, everyone was having lovely looking sandwiches about 5.30ish, i was able to have another soup and it was no bother!!
Only 2 people at work know what i am doing and it is great to be able to turn the package writing away and then quickly hide it in the bin lol...........It isn't that i don't want to tell people about it, well, it is in a way kinda, cos 2 others i told, straight away said..oh once you stop it, you will put all the weight on again in about 2 weeks!!
I just don't want to deal with the negative comments but later on, i will tell them to !"£$%^&* (nicely of course lol)

I have a lovely little app on my phone that allows me to track my weight every week and it give me a pic of a graph and when i am feeling down, i open the app and admire the graph lol......sillly i know but keeps me going!!

One of the girls i work with lost about 4 stone last year and she just gave me a big bag full of jeans and tops that are all too big for her now......they are still too small for me (can do up the button on the jeans but not the zip lol) but.....i am now not going to try them on til i lose another stone! hopefully will fit then, i don't want to depress myself if they don't fit.......another 3 weeks should see them closing tho Please God!!

Can't believe i have managed it this far, but no way am i stopping now!! I love going to get weighted in and finding out how i am doing. It is such a difference from weight watchers where i would pray to be down anything, even half a pound!! xx

Day 34!!

Not looking forward to the weigh in at all tomorrow, what with being ill and not walking, it was an effort to walk from the house to the car and back again all this week. I have kept up with the water tho and managed to get most of the shakes/soups into me so hoping for a little loss at least.

Today is a strange day for me. I haven't felt bad since i started, never once came close to eating but i fell asleep on the couch after work and woke to my DH and DD having sausages and mash and gravy for dinner! I just wanted to scream and throw both of them out of the house so i could eat their dinners lol Didn't help that my DD didn't finish hers and it was on the counter winking and smiling at me and whispering at me to come and get it,......so i fed it to the dog before i could eat it lol

This will sound really weird but i like the not stuffed feeling, i know before i would eat and eat and then be half sick by the time i was finished and now i think i actually like not feeling like that......might be just me trying to convince myself tho lol

xx

Thanks daisey :)
Thursday is always the longest day for me waiting til 5pm lol xx

Hey hun just looked through your diary and youve been doing great, keep it up and goodluck with weigh in x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

wooohooo!! Day 35 and was down 8lbs but.....i had TOTM last week so that could be one of the reasons for the big loss BUT BUT BUT

My chest infection is gone but i can't get rid of the cough, i haven't slept right in a week and finding it tough going during the day to keep going at work with little or no sleep. The pharmacist gave me a bottle of Benylin but she told me will take me out of ketosis and will make me starving for a few days :(
I can't keep going the way I am tho, i need some sleep, so i have decided to try keep going with the shakes and take the cough bottle over the weekend and hope that i am a little better then. Will try survive the hunger but hard to get my mind around it, if i am not in ketosis what is stopping me from eating?! Only thing is, regardless of the ketosis, if i am only on 3 shakes a day and keep up with the water, i have to lose weight, no way someone couldn't, (i think, i hope lol)

I have really stunned with myself tho, to be down 2st6 in 5 weeks!! Proud of myself!!

Last edited:
Well done that's a great weight loss and hope you Feel better and get rid of that cough xx

Well done that's a great weight loss and hope you Feel better and get rid of that cough xx

Thanks Tamzy :) i am delighted. I hope the cough lays off me too, i need a bit of sleep lol xx

Your welcome hun, i no how annoying the coughs can get. I have read on the internet once when i was desperate to pinch ur nose and close your mouth and dont breathe for 15 seconds while your lying down in bed, then keep repeating this, youll get sleepy plus it helps the cough. It worked for me weirdly.

Did I read that right -8 pounds?!?!?

yeah Peggy hehe!! but i honestly think some of it was water weight from last week......but if i get a loss like that once a month would keep me happy lol xx

You did amazing this week hun, you should be soo proud! Xx

Back