About to get lectured for being on CD :-(

JUSTKITTY

:sigh:

So far I've avoided telling friends and family apart from my husband and work colleagues that I am on CD. I am in week 3 and I only have a few more days before I will be faced with having to tell them (family get together etc). For my sisters birthday meal I am going to eat becuase I can't just sit in a restaurant but for her party with friends I am going to avoid the buffet with the help of my husband. But this is going to raise questions.

I am going to get lectured and nagged to death. Has anyone else had this and how did you cope? I was just going to say I've been eating a low fat diet with porridge for breakfast, soup for dinner and a nutri shake for lunch but even that would get a lecture without mentioning CD :cry:

Any advice?

Why do you have to tell them anything? Do you ever notice how much or how little slim people eat? I can't say I normally notice how much anyone else eats unless they draw attention to it. You could say you are on antibiotics for some reason and that you can't drink alcohol, and that they make you feel a bit sick so you are not very hungry. Perhaps have a small piece of chicken and a small salad (that ties in with SS+ or 810) and then go right back to SS the next meal-time.

If it were me and I know that people wouldn't be supportive I'd find every way under the sun to avoid telling them - until they were all telling me how fantastic I looked and then I'd tell them everything - they can't retract the words once they've said I look great, lol!

Being a healthy weight is good for us, it improves our life, reduces illness blah blah blah. You don't need to say more than that if anyone asks why you want to diet. If any other diet worked for you you would have already done it - this is working for you and you want to see the end results so don't be put off by anyone else.

Hope this isn't all lecture-y, don't mean to be, just want to help! Good luck and try to enjoy your get-together in a million other ways:)

Minxie is right. Why do you have to tell them. Make up something, tell them you aren't feeling very well. Don't stress yourself about telling them. No-one knows what I'm doing except my DH as I don't work (SAHM) so don't have to worry there and all our family are a couple of hundred miles away. My first challenge will be when we visit them or they come here but I'll deal with that at the time as by then I'll have lost a chunk of weight anyway.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. x

Minxie is right. Why do you have to tell them. Make up something, tell them you aren't feeling very well. Don't stress yourself about telling them. No-one knows what I'm doing except my DH as I don't work (SAHM) so don't have to worry there and all our family are a couple of hundred miles away. My first challenge will be when we visit them or they come here but I'll deal with that at the time as by then I'll have lost a chunk of weight anyway.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. x

Great advice, but completly off track, why oh why do we feel we have to say 'i dont work' SAHM! We do the greatest and hardest job in the world!!!!!! I am not telling you off, and i know exactly where you are coming from, but it makes me laugh the we way always say that!!! lol You do work, and you work every day 24-7, just that no one really aprreciates it!!! lol!!!! Big hugs!!!!!

But it is so much easier when you dont have to explain yurself to work collegues, I am a childminder, and only told my 2 close friends, who I lunch with and they were really supportive, any one else I either tell them straight or make up some excuse not to eat, so I am not explaining myself over and over again.
having a dippy tummy is a good one, that way yu can stick to water, salad and chicken and no one will question you, even at a family get together!
Good luck with the weekend and your journey! big hugs XXX

SAHM's YOU ROCK!!!! lol x x

Tbh it depends from person to person. Some people don't want anyone know coz theyre bothered about peoples opinions, and some, like me, don't care if the whole world knows and peoples opinons just fly over them.

I'm tellin ya, people at work keep making comments, about how i'm wasting away and i'm paying to starve! But they can't put me off coz i'm doing this diet for myself and not for humanity! My family and relatives are just concerned i'm not eating enough and my aunty says i wasn't fat in the first place!

But at the end of the day, its your choice if you want to keep your dieting personal or if you want to tell people. I'm actually quite proud i'm dieting as i feel i'm in control of my life now! Anyways justkitty good luck with the family get together. xx

Re having to eat while out, I am doing 810 plan and found myself in the situation of having to eat out with friends and their families (and mine) last Saturday.

I had a small chicken breast with no gravy and swapped the mashed potatoes and veg for a small green salad and only ate the lettuce, Leaving the tomatoes and red onions. I just drank water with it.

You`re allowed 175g of chicken or turkey breast on this plan which is a fair amount :) And I was still on ketosis afterwards.

HTH

Xx

I didn't tell anyone except a few close friends until I was looking significantly slimmer and people started asking me and I couldn't lie to them. I usually said something like "i've done CD, I've lost 2 stone and I know everybody has an opinion about it but its the right thing for me !" That usually stopped anybody in their tracks who were about to say anything negative !!

It sounds like your OH is very supportive so I'm sure you will be fine. Good luck.

I havent told anyone I am on CD ....well just a few dozen people on this forum!
I went to a party in my first week and I thought it would be real hard to deal with. I just nibbled at a few proteins, I wasnt exactly 100% but the scales were still kind to me. I told my friend I was taking antibiotics (which I was that week actually) and I couldnt drink alcohol .. if you say things casually no one will question you. I think the biggest thing is the fear we have ..the actual events never usually live up to the amount of worrying we have done before hand.

i totally agree on beinggood sentence "the actual events never usually live up to the amount of worrying we have done before hand.

most of the time when i'm told abt an event, i would worry so much beforehand and even had cheats because i figured i was goign to eat at the event anyways..

and most of the time these events were buffets which to me can be totally avoidable without food..and i end up regretting cheating for the days beforehand.:p

Back