About to join from abroad

athens

Hello everyone!! WW was the first diet I was ever on back when I was in high school in 1997!!!!!!! Very happy with that and got great results.

Anyway, back then there was no point system, it was about units,(free translation) from groups of food. I understand it's all about points now and I was wondering:
Will the list of points include basic non branded food as I can't get to the brands you have in UK (I live in Greece). Will I be able to find the pp value of a cereal bar? Will I be able to convert calories of a certain item into pro points? Lets say a regular 2% yoghurt or maybe a chocolate bar of 200 calories? Also, do I get the value for bread in general, as we don't have the same brands and supermarkets? If they give me a tool to convert I will be fine. I have about 10 kilos or 20 pounds to loose and I will be joining online. And also, do you happen to know if they will give me the info needed for the simply filling approach?

Thanks in advance for your answers, I am looking forward to joining and I want to make it work.

Yes they will give you access to e source possibly and also a recipe builder. I've invested in a ww calculator and also have a wheel to work out my points. The ww approach uses carbs, protein, fibre and fat. I live in Spain so it is easy to follow living abroad just not so easy when you're out drinking wine and eating tapas. X

Good one Kay!!! In Spain it is drinks and tapas and in Greece it's lots of fried stuff and ouzo! Lol! Have joined online as well?

No actually there's quite a few weight watchers classes over here, in Spanish and English so although I can't get onto the weight watchers site I just pay my weekly fee and look on the Internet to help me along x

Hmmm... I hope the online registration will be available to me because a couple of years ago they only offered it to uk residents. Sadly there are no meetings here. You are lucky!!!!

I'm not sure it may ask you to put in a uk address so could use a family or friends address? And just weigh in at your house? I think if I wanted to use the English ww site I think I would need a uk address otherwise it would transfer me onto the Spanish site :( x

Hello athens!!!
I remember you from Dukan! How are you doing?
I've been on weight watchers since Jan 22nd but not very strictly. Hoping for another good weigh in tomorrow.
Results aren't as quick as Dukan but WW seems much more manageable as it fits easily into everyday life.
I think once you learn whats what you sort of know how much the normal types of things you eat are. For example I know my breakfast each day is 5 points and so on.

Good luck and hope to share a successful journey with you!!

Kimberley! Hi! how are you doing? i remember you as well! i see you almost made it to target with dukan, did you go into consolidation or not?
Anyway, I quit Dukan after my vacation i think, because it got tiring, and i wasn't feeling that good. When i was hungry I always felt like I was about to faint and then
i started loosing so much hair... the other thing is that when you are following a healthy plan, with all the food groups and the food you like, even when you have a bad diet day it's not like all is lost. I am following a healthy eating plan since January myself, and I also had a "break" for 10 days or so, and I just maintained, I didn't put on 6 pounds like I would have with dukan!
SInce Friday, on Weight Watchers, I am happy with what I get to eat! Which plan are you following? are you going to meetings? I wish we had meetings here as well, i find them helpful! I 'll see you in the threads!!
Good luck to you too, I am sure we will get to our goal slowly but surely!!!

Back