Absolutely wild sunday=disasterous on the scales

elfy13

Me and my friend knew we were going back on the bandwagon today so we decided to go wild yesterday... SOOO NOT WORTH IT!!
Both gained 5/6 lbs (i know its only water weight mainly) but how disgusting. we've made a pact that if we ever think of doing that again we will just do a fast instead haha.

Went for a 3.5 mile interval run this morning and will go the gym after work (every day this week)

Do you think it will come off and just be water etc?
salmon&egg BF
homemade brocolli&leek soup L
Tuna Salad D
Banana&Yog S

Gonna do something similar each day. Cannot believe it i am mortified.

Im no expert but I think its impossible o put on 5 or 6 lbs in fat in just one day, you couldnt physically eat that much food , so I would guess alot of it is fluid

Blimey though you must have got a shock

im sure as long as you are sensible you can easily repair the damage lol

could you work out how many calories you consumed roughly and then calculate how much exercise you need to do over the next week to cancel it out, I bet its not as bad as you think

good luck and dont beat yourself up, we all need a break sometimes

I did a 3.5 mile run this morning and going the gym tonight 9and will repeat every day)
I normally go the gym (circuits) 5/6 days a week anyway and dont use the points as it would be like another meal so would rather bank it but not count it.
Haha i know we are emailing eachother about our disgust. we had crumpets, pizza, indian nibbles, chocolate, sweets, tuna sandwich.... and then we both had a roast dinner at home. absolutely awful girls. we are laughing about it, but devastated too. Hopefully if its mostly fluid it will make us feel good as the scales go down.
But its good doing it together cos we do everything together - same weight, same points, together all weekend. we just need to behave ourselves (its very unlike us to be that bad)

IME, a really bad day dosnt do THAT much harm, especially not 5/6lbs!!! it takes 3500 to gain a lb so unless you eat 21000 cals then i doubt it will stay for the week!!

good luck though, id just workout more often and dont have any treats over the week :)

Well sure theres no harm in a 'last supper' style blow out lol!!!

Seriously, that is so just water weight. When you over-eat, your body initially converts the food into glycogen and stores it in your liver. When that store gets full, it stores the rest in your muscles. Because you have done loads of excercies, you will have used loads of that glycogen today, before it gets converted into fat. Also, glycogen needs three times its weight in water to be stored with it, so as you use up the glycogen, you will pee and sweat out that excess water.

I bet that you will have lost 2-3lbs of that gain by tomorrow, and by next week it should all be away.

Good luck xxx

lost 3 and 3/4 to today :)
3.5 mile run, 7 mile walk (with my naughty friend)
and 4.5 mile run this morning.

thanks for your advice
hope ive made u all feel better
xx

great news well done, wish I had your motivation to exercise
my "pilates" and "latin dance with lilia" dvds came today maybe that will do the trick??

Back