absolutely yuk !!

SLACK ALICE

Silver Member
Well tonights tea was going to be really nice. On the menu was-
fish pie with a swede and carrot topping served with boiled potatoes and homemade sw parsley sauce

YUK....
We steamed the fish and mixed it with creme freshe, spring onions,salt pepper, parsley,steamed broccolli and mini corn cobs boiled swede and carrots mixed that with some natural yoghurt, mashed that up and when mash was cold added a beaten egg, piled it on top of fish mixture and popped it in the oven for 30 mins.
Parsley sauce-- some quark, creme fresh, parsley and parmesan cheese mix well and warm up----

me and daughter went out to get my book, left husband to 'watch veg'. Came back -nice little black bits on pie and the tates were turned off-they are done -he says !!

Got some plates out , I was warming sauce- daughter says ''you dish pie up ,I'll stir sauce''
I put a spoon into the pie .........bone dry :eek: where had all the sauce gone?
then I hear daughter say ''ERRR mum it's curdeled!!''
ARGGH,that was really gross it got chucked down the sink !
the so called ready tates were still hard !!!
so we ate some of them and the pie..... well ...the top was nice !!

:thinking2:memo to myself ....dont make that again !!!

At least you tried. xxx

Oh dear a bit of a disaster!
I tried the Pasta n Sauce quiche last night....ewww, that is one I didnt enjoy at all!

Yes you can't boil quark.... it is something you can warm but it doesn't like the heat.... maybe next time heat everything else then spoon that through... is great on the veg lasagne recipe I put on here

Its really disappointed when you're looking forward to something and have put loadsa effort in! - ah well as they say at least you tried x

Yes you can't boil quark.... it is something you can warm but it doesn't like the heat.... maybe next time heat everything else then spoon that through... is great on the veg lasagne recipe I put on here

yeah i discovered that if i'm using quark i need to take whatever it is off the heat then stir it in slowley.

Back