Abz' Diary - Maid of Honour

Hi Abz..

How are you doing? Have the cats managed to escape the bbq so far? x

ha, so far so good :) am feeling quite weak and funny. and i have slept for most of the day. am off out shortly to meet friends for coffee (black of course, ha). am hoping it will help keep me awake!!

abz xx

Hey doll. Just sat n read your diary..
Hope CD is ok for you.. And with regards to the price.. you probably pay more in food.. its just when its a lump price like that.. it appears to be more.. think of the cost of general food.. fruit and veg.. take aways.. etc.. i bet you it works out better.. :)..
Well done on the two days so far btw.. you're doing faaaaab..

x

Hiya Abz, glad it's going well for you!

well it's the end of day three. i'm going mad. i just went to meet some friends for coffee and one of them had sticky toffee pudding which i managed not to stare at. then we talked about amazing food for about an hour, then i start smelling takeaways as we walk through the city centre. then we stand next to a ben and jerrys advert at the bus stop (why does food suddenly appear EVERYWHERE) THEN i get home to find thomas half way through a mini pizza. he was so apologetic. he thought he'd have eaten it before i got home. then he apologised again. he was still hungry so the other deep pan mini pizza had to be made. he started eating that one and i've had to flee upstairs. the smell has followed me. i will not give in but oh my god!! it is the end of day three. my cdc did tell me it was horrid at this point but aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!

abz xx

Wow!!

Well done Abz... that is fabulous self control!
Didn't your cdc say this is the hardest day & you conquered it! Hurrah for you! :cool:

So it should be easier from now on in?

I'm doing crap... have fallen off BIG style have decided to give myself a break over the weekend, have a fund raising barn dance tomorrow & a bbq on sunday & also to give myself time to re-think if Cohens is right for me too!

Well done you I am very proud of you! xx

i think it's something you need to think about linzi. you're obviously struggling with it and you need to do something where you are able to gird your loins (so to speak) and get on with it or leaving it until tomorrow with continue forever. you are doing so well so far hon. don't give up :) find something you can live with and ride with it.

i have been reading the cambridge leaflet this morning which of course is full of recipes for moving up the plans. apparently i'm supposed to have stopped craving... hasn't worked. ha. i feel like there is food everywhere and i'm going bonkers, hee.

i have a vanilla shake lined up for brekkie later :)

abz xx

oh, and as instructed by my cdc i did my first ketostick this morning. definately in ketosis which can only be a good thing :D so can the desperate need for sugar stop NOW please? just for my sanity?

abz xx

i even have the jitters!! feeling a bit better now i'm tucking into my morning shake. feel like i'm going through major withdrawal from something far more serious than food!!

abz xx

Hi, just to say i have been doing CD for 9 weeks and have lost 21lb. Its been very slow and i have struggled big time, even cheated last weekend but stayed the same. I am losing approx 2lb a week,but am on 810 plan and find if i can eat in the evening it helps to keep me on track. I cant ss anymore. Im happy losing weight slowly as maybe it will stay off this way. Anway good luck and try to persevere if you can.:D

thanks carolyn. i'll make it alright. i know i have a couple of days coming up in a couple of weeks where this just isn't going to be possible so i need to stick on the straight and narrow until then, and then start again. aargh. ha. so need to get this cracked now!!

congrats on your weight loss and update your ticker :D

abz xx

right. well i'm onto day 5 now. and i'm feeling better. still getting a little light headed but don't have the jitters and the cravings i had yesterday. forgot to have my morning shake until 10am when my tummy rumbled, ha. have just made myself a black filter coffee and will drink that when it's cooled down a bit.

last night was horrid. all i could think about was roast chicken with the skin on. and i've gotten to work this morning to find donuts in the kitchen with a big help yourself sign on them. but i don't actually want one other than for the fact they are scrummy i'm not going mad because i can't have one today, so that's good.

have been peeking at the scales and the numbers are promising but i'm not posting until tuesday due to the aforementioned jinxing of myself if i do, ha.

hope everyone else's day is going well?

abz xx

Well done you..!!! you really are doing fantastic..!! im proud of you..!!

It does get a lot easier as time goes on.. We get used to not having to food there, and remember doll.. You've managed for five days without it.. So you deff dont need it now.. hehe..

How are you enjoying the flavours on cd? and what kind of things did you get (like flavour wise?)

x x

i didn't like the soups. am going to ask for spicy tomato when i go next time. might like it and thought it might be good for crisps? really need a ramekin dish for making muffins though :D

abz xx

yeah.. they're fairly cheap to buy.. i have a few of them.. i normally make a muffin. and keep a little aside from either my pack ive used.. or from another one and make a little bit of sauce to go with it.. its so yummy.. im a fan of the soups.. didnt used to be.. but i just like having something like that.. i like most of them.. except the cheese something or other one.. and the potato and leek (had a bad experiance.. lol)

x x

those were the worsts ones. i thought the chicken and mushroom and mushroom were doable, but not nice enough for me to live on. i might get a couple for when i reeeeeeeeeeally want something savoury but i've just swapped them all without thinking of that, ha. so it's just going to have to wait :)

abz xx

Hey Abz

Sound like your doing fab misses!
I've had such a pants week... haven't been very restrained but am setting myself to start again tomorrow. I know this diet works for me, I know I can do it I just have to remind myself how good it feels after the first week!
Got an invite to a wedding at the end of Aug with some old school friends who last saw me when I'd dropped the 7 stones before so I really want to look & feel better for this wedding than I do now!

Remind me of the when I whining tomorrow about headaches & sugar crashes! xx

i will. if you look at my 23 day challenge you might see a different picture of the day, ha. but i haven't cheated. i have completed day five without mishap but god i just want to do something else. the results are worth it but oh to low carb instead!! ha.

abz xx

well today is another day. still going 100% unofficial weigh in this morning and i've lost 12 lbs :D hopefully my cdcs will say something similar. if the ticker has to go back up then it goes back up, but i just wanted to move the damn thing somwhere!!

on to day seven... just realised. that's 2lbs a day!! :eek::eek:

abz xx

That is fantastic :D keep it up. Just think about making it til the end of the day;) Jo

Back