Accidental weigh-in

BijouHope

Despite intending not to weigh myself again until 8th July (which would be my second official weigh-in, at two days short of eight weeks on Exante), I was in the bathroom this morning, thinking about how it is exactly five weeks since I started the diet. And before I had time to wake up and stop myself, I was on the scales. As if it were some sort of reflex. Anyway, I suppose it is good news, in that I have lost 3 lbs since my last official weigh-in nine days ago, making 20 lbs in total in five weeks. Not a spectacular loss by the standards of this forum, but I suppose it's not too shabby either. At least it's going in the right direction, even though continuing at that rate will mean losing much less than the hoped-for stone a month for TS 100%.

I'm still trying to work out why I weighed myself, though! I didn't even think about doing it -- just climbed on the scales and saw the result before I realised what I was doing. Old habits, eh? Already, I find myself fretting that today's reading means that I've lost any hope of hitting the next stone threshold on my next planned weigh-in. Interim weighing is bad for my sanity! :D

You'll be fine! It's so easy to do, sometimes we do things by rote. At least you know you're heading in the right direction. Just lock away the scales now - out of sight, out of mind!! :)

We're on a similar path Bijou, I lost 21lbs in six weeks, so quite similar to your losses. We'll both get there, maybe not as fast as we'd like but we will. I think we long to weigh in cos we so desperately want to see the evidence in black and white, cos I don't know about you but I still can't believe I've lost an ounce! I'm in smaller clothes but my eyes just don't see a thinner me! I have to get my hubby to hide the scales cos I just can't control myself. I'm not weighing in til the end of the month, it'll be 17 days and I have absolutely no idea how much I will have lost! Terrifying!

Back