Accountability is key!!

Day 50
A happy result for me 1.5lbs off which I am so pleased with as convinced my body is going to start thinking not letting go of this fat it’s staying put! So to have lost is a bonus! Just relaxing tonight as both kids ready for bed as took them out to a steam
Railway thing today! It’s going to be a busy week ahead but as long as I stick to this I felt some modicum of control over other matters 😂.

Day 50
A happy result for me 1.5lbs off which I am so pleased with as convinced my body is going to start thinking not letting go of this fat it’s staying put! So to have lost is a bonus! Just relaxing tonight as both kids ready for bed as took them out to a steam
Railway thing today! It’s going to be a busy week ahead but as long as I stick to this I felt some modicum of control over other matters 😂.
Amazing results and keeping on top of it all when so busy!!

Day 51
Just had a look and realised I have stuck past the 50 day mark which I am really pleased with!
Very busy work day so it flew by I don’t think I looked up until 2pm! Prefer it as being busy it better than twiddling my thumbs haha!
I tried a bit of salmon konjac noodles and cauliflower rice with a teeny bit of soy sauce to hit the 200kcal and it was a nice change. Konjac noodles definitely think you need to get used to them and rinse rinse rinse but do give the illusion of noodles!

Day 52
Doing an update a day late but have kept consistent with this so doing it now!! Busy yesterday and feeling a bit weepy which I know is linked to hormones as always get a bit emotional around this time haha! Good day keeping on keeping on!

Day 53
Am writing my proper day today haha! Another very very busy one but have stuck to the plan I haven’t drunk as much water because it’s been a bit frantic haha!
Had the Exante sweet and sour noodles for dinner and they were quick and easy to do and didn’t realise I hadn’t had the second meal replacement until 6.30pm. Not much to report but going to get my hair done in a few weeks so that might perk me up a bit!!

Day 53
Am writing my proper day today haha! Another very very busy one but have stuck to the plan I haven’t drunk as much water because it’s been a bit frantic haha!
Had the Exante sweet and sour noodles for dinner and they were quick and easy to do and didn’t realise I hadn’t had the second meal replacement until 6.30pm. Not much to report but going to get my hair done in a few weeks so that might perk me up a bit!!
Definitely plan treats to reward your progress! My wee treatments have been big rewards for me and better than any meal. I’ve also been on a a wait list for the beat brow artist for semi permanent and will see her Oct/nov at the end of my journey as a nice big treat! I definitely am happy that the dark spots at the corner of my eyes are reduced as theyve looked like old eyeliner smudge for years and make me look tired!

Definitely plan treats to reward your progress! My wee treatments have been big rewards for me and better than any meal. I’ve also been on a a wait list for the beat brow artist for semi permanent and will see her Oct/nov at the end of my journey as a nice big treat! I definitely am happy that the dark spots at the corner of my eyes are reduced as theyve looked like old eyeliner smudge for years and make me look tired!
It definitely is something to aim for and look forward to. I bet that will look great when you have them done as eyebrows are such a pain and having them looking fantastic just makes you feel better and no messing about with them! Is the IPL that’s helping with the dark spots I definitely need to look into that.

Day 54
I saw my parents today and it was really nice given everything that has gone in over the past 18 months it hasn’t been that often at all.
My mam said you could really see the weight off which was such a boost she said are you sure it isn’t 4st off? I said unfortunately not it’s definitely what it is but thank you 🤣. Personally for me I can tell some difference in my face and around my midriff but I had got myself up to such a big weigh I think it’s going to be at least another few stone before I can see a difference as my weight is still big (again this is just my own personal opinion for me everyone has their own happy weight being more , or less or the same as what I am now) anyhow it was nice to get some good feedback all the same!
I didn’t have my first meal replacement until 2pm and went for the toffee caramel shake which was nice but a bit like salted caramel. Boosted by my parents visit I tried on a pair of jeans and they went on well! I still don’t feel like I look nice in them but I tried these on 2 months ago and they went nowhere near me so definitely a positive day!!

Day 52
Doing an update a day late but have kept consistent with this so doing it now!! Busy yesterday and feeling a bit weepy which I know is linked to hormones as always get a bit emotional around this time haha! Good day keeping on keeping on!

Day 54
I saw my parents today and it was really nice given everything that has gone in over the past 18 months it hasn’t been that often at all.
My mam said you could really see the weight off which was such a boost she said are you sure it isn’t 4st off? I said unfortunately not it’s definitely what it is but thank you 🤣. Personally for me I can tell some difference in my face and around my midriff but I had got myself up to such a big weigh I think it’s going to be at least another few stone before I can see a difference as my weight is still big (again this is just my own personal opinion for me everyone has their own happy weight being more , or less or the same as what I am now) anyhow it was nice to get some good feedback all the same!
I didn’t have my first meal replacement until 2pm and went for the toffee caramel shake which was nice but a bit like salted caramel. Boosted by my parents visit I tried on a pair of jeans and they went on well! I still don’t feel like I look nice in them but I tried these on 2 months ago and they went nowhere near me so definitely a positive day!!

Lovely catching up on your diary, Bertie. It made me happy, thatyou are manangng the ups and downs of life! Well done.

Day 55
The hormone headache has kicked in which is a bit blah but par for the course! Another good day today I had the salted caramel bar and I think this alongside the maple and pecan flapjack have to be my favourite bars!
I am planning a big clear out of the bedroom next weekend as we are starting a renovation on the house which is rather overdue(!) I am going to go through my clothes and just if they definite keep I will keep but aiming to be ruthless (being honest I don’t think I will ever fit back into my size 8 trouser suit I wore aged 18😂) going to try and keep the head at bay but I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!!

Day 56
Thankfully the headache was gone by morning which was good as my oldest friend came to visit and we had a day out shopping! It was extremely novel as I haven’t done that since last year (I don’t include grocery shopping!) it was so nice to be out in a shopping centre seeing people and she wanted to stop for food. Was a bit like ah no but just thought stick with it and I did! That was soon forgotten about and we continued browsing around the shops! Weigh in eve the jury is out but have stuck to it but feel it will be a stay the same who knows? We shall see!!

Amazing and yes the Clear out is cathartic! All my pregnancy clothing is gone bar my progress pics pjs and my painting pjs. It’s great! I also got rid of clothes id kept in the hope to fit in but didn’t even like so only keeping those I like with the aim to fit all in one max 2 wardrobes!

Amazing and yes the Clear out is cathartic! All my pregnancy clothing is gone bar my progress pics pjs and my painting pjs. It’s great! I also got rid of clothes id kept in the hope to fit in but didn’t even like so only keeping those I like with the aim to fit all in one max 2 wardrobes!
It’s such a good idea as I do have a few ‘fail safe’ items I refer back to such as a top which I feel comfortable in and I need to drop the security blanket they provide so no going back! Also like you say more space as well! I am a hoarder of clothes I will slim into and are a few years out of date and I wouldn’t wear (Lipsy gold clubbing mini dress is an example 🤣 I would look demented in it!)

Day 57
I hit a lovely milestone today (just) dropping into a new stone and hitting 2 and a half stone off. I lost 4lbs and was delighted as usually this time in the month I tend to hold water and wasn’t sure in myself. I think it’s the lowest weight I have probably been since 2015.
I feel very grateful and proud of myself but at the same time don’t want to become complacent as scientifically the weight can’t to the same again as in I will lost that amount in the next 8 weeks. So it’s thinking mentally stay the course, it’s a long term goal (obviously if I could magic it away overnight I would in a flash but it didn’t all go on overnight!) and will take time. If I start thinking oh I have lost this much a little gin and tonic or a piece of bread won’t harm here and there I will undo my progress. I’m rambling again but yes , really thrilled and am glad I can record this journey on here in a lovely supportive and safe community!

Day 58
A busy Monday as was taking my two children out and about and thankfully it was nice weather!
I didn’t have my first meal replacement until 3pm so really enjoyed it and I am
a convert to cauliflower rice! Admittedly I cheat and by the frozen cauliflower rice from the supermarket but I have tried to make it before and failed miserably which totally put me off!!! I am also trying some plant based foods due to the low calorie and high protein amounts and not minding it too much at all. Not sure if I could go full vegetarian or vegan but always helpful if it keeps me in my 200 calories for the meal!

Amazing milestone and yes I know what you mean though I am keeping a box for my daughters for fancy dress when teens - my mum had amazing 60/70s clothes I’d have killed to borrow but she never kept them 😂 so I’ll save some and they will have actual outfits from the old days 😂😂

Day 59
Writing this rather late as had to get some bits sorted with work today so it was an evening on the laptop! Started reading a book and lost track of time! I ordered some keto bread rolls and have frozen them
But tried one tonight for the 200kcal meal (they are 85 kcals) and not bad at all.
Starting to put together my next Exante order as I have built it up a bit buying bars etc so don’t want to have too much stuff in (not sure why but I don’t🤣) but going to be brave and buy some different stuff again. I hope everyone is well!

Day 60
Absolutely manic day at work today but thankfully that’s me until Monday.
It’s is very funny being a part time worker side as my younger colleagues, not all do assume (not unkindly) on my non working days I am lounging around having days off sat eating bon bons on a chaise longe. I admit I also used to have this perception myself of part time workers with children finishing for the week or working less hours doing that as well so don’t take it personally haha!
It’s pointless trying to explain that I don’t sit down all day and watch terrible daytime tv or go out shopping at leisurely pace as I have two active kids which is a job in itself (but my favourite job… at times!!).
Onto day 60!! Can’t believe it’s that length of time which isn’t loads and I haven’t deviated but it has to be the longest I have done in years. I don’t even notice my husband making his tea now which I think is partly fuelled by the fact I have seen results on the scales.

Brilliant you are on Day 60, Bertie! Your commitment to your diary is good as it makes me think you will stay at goal because you have great focus. And many congratulations on that first 2 1/2 stone! You'll soon be in the heallthy BMI zone under 30.

Last edited:
Back