achievable targets ?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by behealthy, 25 February 2010 Social URL.

1. behealthy

behealthy Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(7.51%)
    Hi everyone Iv given myself a smaller target weight as i feel that trying to reach my full target would be a bit much at the moment. I have decided to do smaller achievable goals hopefully giving me more success as i will feel i have accomplished something along the way.
    If we have goals that are too big and unrealistic we will give up before we have started. What do you think?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. solsticediva

solsticediva Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think thats good and to a certain degree what SW does, it talks in half stones and 10% of body weight and provides litte stickers so your only ever looking at loosing the next 7lb well thats what I do x good luck x

4. hchappyh

hchappyh Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Diet:
    GoLower
    stroutman81 that all sounds very sensible and I agree...

I think behealthy, that short term goals are definitely easier to achieve, but have somewhere in the back of your mind where you want to end up.. I know that I want to loose another 4stone(ish) but I also know that I'm not going to do that by the end of the month. With Go Lower, I should be loosing a stone a month, so that gives me another 4 months, but realistically I'll give myself 5-6months. My short term focus will be a stone a month, so that's 3-4lbs a week...if I don't achieve it,it's not the end of the world, as long as I've lost something per week and then I can tweak to loose more. The main objective is not to give up, just because our long term goals seem so far away.

Good luck.
    xx

5. tarotwoman

tarotwoman Loves life

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming magazine club. Out of date now but this diet worked for me in the past.
    I totally agree with small goals, like hchappyh I know where I want to end up but for now a series of small goals will do.

1. To weigh less each month than I did the previous month.
    2. To stick to my diet for today, I know it's really for ever but I still do the one day at a time thing.
    3. To do 'some' exercise twice a week - doesn't matter what exercise or for how long.

If I stick to this I will get there.

Tracey

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.