Achieving What Seems Like The Unachievable - My Diary

Hahaha! That worry did cross my mind but now I know that it's ACTUALLY happened to someone I'm going to save then on my computer and delete from my phone lol!! Although if I don't get my finger out and do the hard work there won't really be anything to compare!! X

Haha that's what I do. Email to myself then save on my laptop and delete from phone and email.

Hi, I've not deserted - just been busy! Lots to update.

So after my Cambridge false start I gave myself a bit of a talking to and have realised that I need to make more of a commitment to the hard work and perseverance involved in losing weight. I need to make effort EVERY day no matter what. I need to look at the LONG term not the short term. Whitling away pounds slowly over the course of six months or a year will be far more effective than a dash to lose unachievable amounts in a short space of time. I've been on and off diets for ever and always with big expectations which result in me feeling that i've let myself down after a couple of weeks. Just think if I'd been in a better frame of mind and lost a pound a week since Jan I would now be about 24 pounds lighter. Instead I was discouraged by a pound a week, gave up and here I am not really having accomplished anything six months later.

So on Thursday I went with one of my friends from work and we rejoined slimming world again. A different class near to work. I explained to the leader that I was going to London for four nights but that I wanted to get started so that I could do my best when I was away rather than just have a blow out. She was supportive of this and suggested using more syns than normal if I needed to. Was feeling very positive when I left class which was quickly undermined by the parking ticket I received when in the group - doh!!
Anyway, left group on Thurs feeling really positive and went home to start straight away with a free lunch. Then I went into town to meet my mum and dad in the shops. They decided that in the middle of M&S would be an appropriate place to tell me how they had not wanted to say before but they were really worried about how much weight I have put on and how this could affect my health, looks, opportunities etc etc etc. All things that I know already but I found really upsetting to hear and made me feel even more self conscious than I did already. I should add that all my decent clothes were being washed for London so I was feeling self conscious in the dress I had on already. So basically Thursday ended with me going and picking my husband up from work in floods of tears and me cutting up said dress to prevent me from wearing it again (only wear it cause it stretches it does nothing for me).

Anyway, Thursday was pretty awful and a bit of an all time low weight wise. However it has given me the determination to know that I need to be willing to work hard and make some sacrifices to change things.

Left for the airport yesterday determined to enjoy London while making the best choices possible. Had fruit before leaving the house and some carrots and humous in the airport (did humous not used to be a healthy extra??). We were soooo hungry when we arrived at the hotel, I realised there was a nandos near by and we headed there in search of a low syn lunch that would fill us up. I had grilled chicken in a pitta with corn on the cob and salad, I knew there would be syns in the pitta but hadn't counted on there being 17.5 syns in the dish!!! LESSON to check before not after!! However it was yummy and a damn sight better than what it could have been! At night we went to Cafe Rouge - I had the Payanne Salad which was free apart from the dressing, avacado and parmasan cheese. I used the parmasan as my healthy extra. Husband and I shared a desert and I had one small glass of wine. Finished with about 35 syns yesterday but I'm fine with that. It could easily have been 135! We walked and walked yesterday - 10 miles according to my fitbit so hopefully that will help.

Our hotel is straight across from an M&S and we have a fridge in our room - really helpful so we bought syn free yogurts and fruit for breakfast this morning. A good start to the day - at least will of set any damage from later. We are away to meet friends for drinks on the Southbank.

Will check in again in a few days or once I get home xx

Sorry that you're feeling so low about things but the mindset of just increasing syns but keeping going with plan is a good one. I notice that I do well when I do things that way but it can feel very disheartening when you've been trying so hard but you only lose 1lb a week. But like you said, even a little is something.

Hope you enjoy your time in London and that things go well!

Yes!!! Back on track! Lost 2lbs this week despite being away in London. Just goes to show what you can do when your head is in the right place. Will do a proper update later tonight....just wanted to share my good news!! X

Yes!!! Back on track! Lost 2lbs this week despite being away in London. Just goes to show what you can do when your head is in the right place. Will do a proper update later tonight....just wanted to share my good news!! X

Well done u...fab result x

Didn't get a chance last night to post - we've lost all our chargers so only have one which is responsible for both mobile's and the tablet. Needless to say that's not enough and by the end of the day the tablet or my phone is dead! So update since my last 'proper' post on Saturday....

London was awesome, we met friends at the Southbank Centre on Saturday during the day for drinks, unfortunately the weather was a bit drizzly but still managed to sit outside in a sheltered spot. I discovered a new low syn drink - vodka, soda water and fresh lime. I know it doesn't sound very exciting but it hit the spot - not too sweet but pleasant to drink. I'm just staying away from wine if i can as i feel it's too many syns. I would probably rather save syns for something yummy rather than use them on wine. We had quite a good celebrity spot at the Southbank Centre, we were sitting at the table next to Natalie Dormer who plays Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones!! We love Game of Thrones so was very exciting! On the whole Saturday was a pretty good day foodwise. We had fruit and yogurt in the room before going out, and then for dinner we went to a really nice place called Porky's BBQ. We had a cup of chilli for starter and then I had chicken with rice and peas and coleslaw for main course (an absence of superfree food i know) but at least on the whole most of it was free - syned for the coleslaw and a couple for the chilli. I had a Walnut whip later as a treat (4.5 syns). I love walnut whips and it was an accomplishment to just have one! So I was over my syns for the day on Saturday but again my aim was just to try and make the best choices that i could and limit the 'holiday' tempation to eat everything in sight!

Sunday wasn't such a good day foodwise. We met friends for lunch and this was the first meal where we didn't really have control over where we went/what was on the menu. There wasn't really a 'healthy option' so I just went for what i fancied. A grilled chicken burger with chips. It was pretty scrumptious and came with three chilli poppers (the ones with cream cheese inside) - eek!! However i really enjoyed it and that was the only time i had chips while we were away. At night i compensated - we went to pizza express and i had a chicken and pancetta salad without dressing. We did quite a bit of walking on Sunday and sight seeing so plenty 'body magic' while we were away - I think my fitbit thought that it had been stolen!!

Monday was our last day, we went to Greenwich which was cool. Went to Nando's for lunch again. Checked syns online in advance this time so i didn't make the same mistake as before! Had butterfly chicken, salad and corn on the cob - 3 syns (although took the skin off so probably was free). Again we did a lot of walking around and went to the maritime museum which was quite cool. Husband had a really sore back while we were away and by Monday he was really struggling. We took a bit of time out later in the afternoon and went in to a wee cafe for a rest. OH OH! Cover your eyes...what happened next was not pretty.....we saw waffles on the menu and though that would be a nice treat. I ordered waffles with strawberries and nutella...husband had waffles just with nutella and icecream. Was expecting something maybe the size of two potato waffles....no...it was one of those moments when you are actually embarrased by what you have ordered when it is placed down in front of you!!! Was huge portion...very nice though! Full of waffle goodness and who knows how many syns we skipped dinner and went to see Wicked.

Wicked was just amazing I absolutely loved it. Would totally recommend it, even husband liked it who was very unimpressed at the prospect of going to a show. His review afterwards was 'a really good story but maybe a wee bit too much singing' lol! We got back to the hotel about 11, had a few drinks at the bar (vodka soda and lime) and picked on some cheese and biscuits. Not the best day foodwise but was a really good last day.

We came home on Tuesday so started to reign in the food again and get back on track. I had chicken and salad in the airport - mostly salad as the chicken was horrid, and then had a comfort food dinner - slimming world chips, baked beans, mushrooms, bacon and low fat sausages. Was just what the doctor ordered after a long day! Wednesday was a very strict day - didn't have much during the day - fruit and babybell light - then had piri piri chicken and veg for dinner. I was worried that i might have put on after some of the more indulgent parts of the trip! Was so delighted when i went to get weighted that i had lost 2lbs. It was really encouraging to know that I was able to be away and retain some control over what I was eating.

I think this week has been a really good lesson for me. While I put my hands up to some of the daft things that i had (like the waffles) it taught me that you can eat out, have lovely meals and still stay on plan. This sounds quite obvious - but it was not something that I have understood before. In the past when i have been on any diet the 'healthy choices' have always gone out the window when i have gone out to eat. I seem to have had a mentality that 'i'm out so i'll have something really nice that i'm not allowed normally'. Invariably that 'something' is laiden with syns. It's as if I think that because i'm paying for it/not making it that i'll have a night off - that seems to lead me to want to have the biggest most unhealthiest 'yummy' thing i can find on the menu since i'm 'off'. It's no wonder that in the past if i've had a week where i've eaten out a few nights that i've gained weight - been discouraged - and then fallen off the wagon. This week has given me confidence that I can deal with social events/outings without having to have a big blow out.

Although we're back from London we're both still off work until Monday. So we were out yesterday AGAIN for food. This time with husband's mum who has just retired. He had a burger, she had fish and chips, and i had a salad. I've got to say it was beautiful and i really really enjoyed it. I asked for it without dressing and it had chicken, coleslaw (syned), salad, gerkins (yum), pickled onions (yum), cheese (which i put some on the side plate and ate what i thought was about 30g (HEA) and new potatoes. Really determined to treat this week as if it's my first week and aim for a really good loss.

5lbs would giveell me a half stone - i'm not sure that's achievable however aim for the stars and all that! What is maybe more achievable is to break the 200lb mark this week. If i lose 4lbs I'll be under 200lbs...and if i only lose lb???? Well i'm not going to be discouraged - if in 12 weeks i'm 12 lbs lighter that's still better that weighing what i do just now or indeed puting on another 7lbs.

Going to see family tonight and will have dinner with them, hoping that it will be SW compatible but it felt rude to ask!! I'm sure it will be fine and i'll just make the best of it!! It's an 18th birthday so possibly some cake though...!

Have a lovely day xx

Sounds great and I know exactly what you mean about eating out and over indulging. Well done on the loss!

Just home from a lovely night out with family in Glasgow. We went out for tea in the end so that worked quite well as there was plenty choice. Had grilled beef skewers for starter which I consider to be free. For my main I had halloumi salad with no dressing. There were two slices of halloumi so I counted one as my hea choice and the other 6 syns. However technically I have had no carbs today so could really count today as a green day and use 2 hea choices to cover the halloumi. Everything else on the plate was free or superfree. Had a small slice of bday cake (1/12 of a flake cake which is 14.5 syns) and three vodkas with diet coke. Over my syns for today but didn't break the bank.

Off for a nice bath now and to brush and moisturise! Night xx

I What a lovely sunny day today! Had a very long lie so have to confess that I missed a lot of it! I got up around lunchtime *blush* and had scran bran with philly light and tomato for brunch. I bought the scran bran at class this week and I have to say I think its like chewy cardboard. Will just stick to Ryviya I think!

We went out for a nice walk this afternoon but was knackered and absolutely starving by the time we got back - I had passed the point of no return and wished that I had taken a snack with me. Had some apple and strawberries and then caved and haayepacket of quavers!

We had a yummy filling free food curry and then meringue nests with 0'/, total for afters. Not sure if people are aware but if you whisk fat free total greek yogurt with a wee drop sweetener it is quite like whipped cream :)

Tonight I was like the bottomless pit - nothing could fill me up and I have grazed all night on various (relatively low syn) crap. I need to make sure that I have more free food in the fridge that I can snack on at times I feel like this. I had 2 hifi bars, another packet of quavers and some popcorn. Will need to have a think about what free bits and pieces can have in for nights Iike this!! I think part of the problem was having both healthy extras for lunch - I like to have these to snack on (e.g babybell lights and alpin light bars or hifi bars). Having them at lunchtime took away this option.

Watched Frozen tonight while the other half watched the football....loved it!! ♥

Night night x

Hey bursting. Just catching up on ur diary. I've never been to London but would really love to go. Sometimes I just think its quite expensive to get to london and I'm mostly thinking it's cheaper to go abroad.
You have done really well. You cant be expected to be 100% on plan all the time. Holidays, occasions and things will always pop up and like u have proved...its just about making the best choices u can while in those situations so well done u xx

Was aiming for a 'no syn Sunday' today, however three syn Sunday sounds just as good. I had half a muller light (greek style) spooned onto a meringue nest. It was lush, just like a lemon meringue pie!!

Loads of body magic today, was a beautiful sunny day here so made the most of it. Cut the back and front grass, weeded the front and back, and then washed the car - phew! I was knackered and a bit weathered by the time I was finished!!

Thankfully not so hungry today! Had baked potato with salad and ham for lunch, and then chicken and bacon salad with new potatoes for tea...and of course my 'lemon meringue' for pudding. Definitely a new favourite!! Had some chopped up fresh pineapple as well but nothing else 'snacky' during the day. Probably what helped was keeping myself so busy.

FIVE weeks today till Portugal - feeling really positive that I can have five good weeks between now and then to make a real good start on my weight loss. My holiday isn't the goal as I know it's going to take a while to melt my fat suit - however I know that I will be looking and feeling better in five weeks time :)

Online foodshop done
Menu planned for the week- done
Packed lunch for me and hubby in the fridge - done.

Too late for body brushing/moisturising

Good night!

I've never been to London but would really love to go. Sometimes I just think its quite expensive to get to london and I'm mostly thinking it's cheaper to go abroad

Hi Tangerine,
London can be a bit pricey but always deals to be had. We booked our flights and hotel at the beginning of the year so was quite cheap to get up and down. If you keep an eye out for cheap flights or deals on the train it's worth the trip. You can also exchange your tesco clubcard vouchers to use for some of the attractions or eating out. We're hoping to go back again maybe next year or the year after - hopefully a thinner version of me next time!! You should make it a treat for when you get to goal ;) xx

Oh!! Wrote a big long post last night about all sorts and no idea where it's gone!!

The headlines were all is well. Cant even remember now what I was posting about in particular.

Another good food day today...4.5syns. Did a green day today - was easier since i was at work for both lunch and dinner. The extra he's are good for snacking through a long day. Feeling really good and would swear my trousers are a little looser this morning! :)

Had a very long day so just off to bed. Will have a proper catch up tmrw night.

Goodnight all x

Just noticed that in my first post in my diary I say that 'my work trousers are cutting me in half' - WELL.... yesterday i noticed that my work trousers are a little slacker around the waist, and today I wore a pair of work trousers that I couldn't comfortably close about a month ago - definitely going in the right direction!! A small non scale victory which cheers me on! :talk017:

Weigh day tomorrow morning - i've definitely lost something as i've been pretty good and feel like i have - it will just be a case of seeing how much. I would love four to take me under 200 but i've never been a big loser on the scales so will settle with anything that makes me lighter than i was last week!!

I really need to get my finger out with exercising - my own personal opinion is that i don't think that exercise does anything to help with weight loss, but it does help lose inches and it's definitely good for you!! I've got about 30 days left that i can exercise between now and my holiday - the plan is thirty minutes for thirty days - anyone want to joint me? I'm off tomorrow so going to reaquaint myself with the gym (i've been saying that for a wee while now!) and do my cross trainer the days i cant get to the gym. I'm hoping that this challenge will make me more accountable!

Night night all you lovely losers xx

Just noticed that in my first post in my diary I say that 'my work trousers are cutting me in half' - WELL.... yesterday i noticed that my work trousers are a little slacker around the waist, and today I wore a pair of work trousers that I couldn't comfortably close about a month ago - definitely going in the right direction!! A small non scale victory which cheers me on! :talk017:

Weigh day tomorrow morning - i've definitely lost something as i've been pretty good and feel like i have - it will just be a case of seeing how much. I would love four to take me under 200 but i've never been a big loser on the scales so will settle with anything that makes me lighter than i was last week!!

I really need to get my finger out with exercising - my own personal opinion is that i don't think that exercise does anything to help with weight loss, but it does help lose inches and it's definitely good for you!! I've got about 30 days left that i can exercise between now and my holiday - the plan is thirty minutes for thirty days - anyone want to joint me? I'm off tomorrow so going to reaquaint myself with the gym (i've been saying that for a wee while now!) and do my cross trainer the days i cant get to the gym. I'm hoping that this challenge will make me more accountable!

Night night all you lovely losers xx

Me I'll do 30 mins for 30days. Do we start today tho? Maybe tomorrow would be better for me

Ladies - the Plank is hideous but amazing!! I am starting to just about see some stomach muscles underneath my layer of blubber and my tummy is rock hard when I push it ;-) That is all from plank - started at 10 seconds in May. It's also great if you've had kids as it can help repair the gap in your tummy muscles (or so I'm told). I think sit ups can tear them even more and the more muscle you have the more fat you burn at rest.

Even if you can only last 10 seconds to start with it is a GREAT exercise and will compliment your cross trainer / cv stuff. Plus you can do it in the lounge - and it's only 10 seconds! I'm up to 1min 30. But I do it every day because it's only a minute out of my entire day. Go on.... you know you want to :D:)

Ok Blondcat and Tangerine - 30 for 30 plus plank!! At the moment sitting in the sun in the garden will need to get my finger out later!! Was at class this morning - lost 2lbs - for sure I'll be in the 190's by next week!!

Tangerine - I'm starting today because I'll run out of days if I dont. You start tomorroe if it suits you better x

er 2lbs AMAZING!!! YAY!!!!! Love it.

Hahahaha I'm also sitting in my garden. Im covered in paint right enough...just having a break before doing thre 3rd coat xx

I'm rubbish !! Have done no exercise last two days lol! My excuse is that the gym is closed as it's moving premesis this weekend - however my legs still work and i still have a crosstrainer!

GUESS WHAT THOUGH - weighed myself this morning and 14st 3.5lbs WHICH MEANS.....199.5lbs TADA!!!

Totally delighted to see a number on the scales that starts with 1 instead of 2. My weigh day isn't till Thursday so I'm going to wait till I'm 'officially' weighed and update my stats then. It's given me a boost for the rest of the week though!! x

Back