Achieving What Seems Like The Unachievable - My Diary

Argh! Thats the 2nd time I've done a big long post and lost it! Def need to stop using my phone to post. Will just need to give you the highlights instead!

Good day food wise - was working today so had a green day which let me take extra a and b choices which I find d helpful if working 'out of hours'. Had pasta with broccoli and garlic & herb philly light for tea. Quick, easy and filling. Sat night is treat night so had a very chocolatey indulgent magnum for 13.5 syns. I jad commented how it was a genuine treat and prior to the last couple of weeka I would have been kidsing myself by having a treat night after stuffing my face all week!

Other update was about measurements and setting goals with items of clothing. I remember working a weekend shift in January and finding that I did not have one pair of jeans that fitted me. My two jeans that I set as a mini goal were a size 16 pair of G-star jeans and a size 14R pair of Next jeans. Last time I tried them was May and I noted that the G-star were really tight around the bum and waist, and the next ones were really tight and couldn't button. I tried them again today. The G-star are much better, still a wee bit tight but very close to being wearable. The next ones are still tight but now close! Not far to go before I'll be able to wear both. Will need to set a new 'clothing goal' after that!

In March I took some measurements, granted I've made very slow progress but when comparing my measurements today there is definitely signs of progress! -
I've lost 2" from my waist, 2.5" from my hips, 1.5" from my bust, 2" from lower thigh and 1.5" from upper thigh. I've lost nothing from my arms though which I'm desperate to do as my jackets are all too tight in the sleeves!! Will measure again in another 4 weeks.

30 second plank today and that was it. I know that I said 30 mins not 30 secs but hey! I can't be a total angel lol!!

Hopefully this one posts....

Night night xx

Hey bursting. Just catching up on ur diary. I am incredibly pleased for u being under 200lbs. I know how much u wanted it so I'm over the moon that u made that goal...if not a little jealous. I can't wait until the day I'm under 200lbs. I'm also crap. I haven't done any exercise either lol! Pretty poor show from me. I have a treadmill in my garage. Good luck for this week. You'll be wearing those jeans in no time x

Ooft! Not a great day yesterday. I was good during the day and everything was okay meal wise apart from a really poor choice for a pudding on Sunday. I was working during the day so had lots of fruit and ryvita with philly light for lunch.

We had a guest for dinner so had chilli with salad, rice and a few wedges - all free (1 syn for the rice which was out a pouch). I picked up a Eves toffee apple pudding from Morrison's and we had it with some low fat Devon custard...husband decided he didn't want any. He had the magnum left from last night and me and his dad halved a pudding that was supposed to feed four - four mice maybe!!! So 34 syns consumed just like that - the lesson?? CHECK BEFORE YOU BUY/EAT!!!!

Not going to get too upset given that I've still eaten much less than I would normally have in my old ways! It will take time to think differently and I just need to keep on truckin' and learn from my mistakes.

Have mostly eaten super free food today apart from hex and baked potato and gammon steak. I was off today so have found it fairly easy to be good - nothing tempting in the cupboards and I'm so determined to stay under the 200lb mark for weigh in!! 3lbs this week will give me my half stone award - if I go easy on the syns over the next couple of days I think I can do that. Having a syn free day today and will keep syns very low over next couple of days.

You'll notice above that I have to syn for rice because I use Uncle Ben's rice pouches. Rice is a problem for me lol! I consider myself to be a fairly competent cook with one exception - rice!! I have never actually made it and have a bit of a mental block about how to make it!! I'm determined to sort this out so that I can save both money and syns!! I've ordered a rice drainer/steamer thing from Kleaneze so hopefully that will help....any tips appreciated!!

Not really got any other news. The gym reopens tomorrow after relocating so I need to force myself to get back along on Wednesday morning (got early meeting tmrw morning but could go at night I dispose!!) I'm feeling really anxious about it because I've not been for so long - but I know once I've been there once I'll be fine and enjoy it.

Did 3 sets of 12 tricep dips today and 45 second plank! Away to do the shopping now (boo!)

See ya x

Just realised that I've forgotten the couple of pounds I lost in May before my big blip - definitely be making half a stone this week!!

Hey, one wee pudding isn't going to do u any harm. You did well throughout the day so I'm sure it will all be ok.

Going to the gym will feel daunting at first...but once u get there u will wonder what u were worried about. Just think of what u are trying to achieve and how u want to look in ur holiday clothes. Even if u just go for 30 mins...at least you've been and you've done something instead of just going home and watching tele.

I can't believe u have never made rice lol. Its super easy. 1 cup rice = 2 cup water bring to boil then simmer for 18mins or so. I use the boil in the bag rice. Perfect amount for two people and no messy pot afterwards :) remember and put salt in your water tho. Or if u have rice as a side to a meal u can put a stock cube in the water to give a bit of flavour x

I agree with tangerine. A pudding isn't going to take you back and like you said, it's better than what you were eating before. I find that this mindset helps to prevent one blip leading to a big binge.

And tangerine's rice recipe is exactly min except I don't simmer for a set amount of time, I just keep checking it until all the water is dry. I'm impatient that's why haha.

Lol Tangerine and Aymz! Yeah I'm not sure either why I've never made rice. I can make a curry but not the rice lol! I will give it a bash at the weekend!

Had a bit of a funny day today. Was out the office all day on the hop, never ate much food today but what I did eat was mostly syns. Had a healthy free tea when I got home and nothing after so not bad but not really according to plan!

The gym has not reopened yet - building control inspecting it tomorrow so still using that excuse!! Hopefully it will open tmrw afternoon.

We're going to visit husband's relly's tomorrow so a bit worried that his aunt is going to FEED us - note the capitals!! I'm not good in these situations when someone has gone to a lot of bother. Will just need to fill myself up on apples and bananas before I go lol!! I'm quite into bananas at the moment - they are my filling superfree friend! :)

Really tired today, was too late in bed last night and never slept well - was a long day today too. These tend to be the days I eat more and look for sugar to pep me up. I guess that's reality - there will always be days like that but I need to learn to manage them when they happen and try and avoid them if possible! Dream on!!

Off to bed now to catch up on my zzzzz's

xx

Oh dear, pretty bad day yesterday which wasnt unexpected but took it as a license to continue to eat junk today! Drawing a line under today and back on it tmrw!! Pinky promise! X

Hey bursting, how is it going? I had a few days like that last week as well but like u drew a line under it and moved on. Don't let it put u off all ur good work xx

Hi!! I'm here!! Was AWOL - had a ridiculous couple of weeks at work and usual happened - survival mode kicks in and anything beneficial to me goes out the window!! Got lots of catching up to do on your diaries and some catching up to do on the scales. Missed two weigh ins - both because of early work meetings (I dont normally start till 10 which usually gives me time to go and weigh and stay for class. Yes I could have gone to another one but never got my act together. Clothes feeling a wee bit tight again but due tom so maybe just a bit bloated too....we shall wait and see!! Lots of superfree foods between now and thursday!! X

Aw thanks Tangerine :)
Well just a quick post and I'll do a proper update tonight.
Was mopping around feeling a bit sorry for myself at how rubbish I've been and decided to suck it up and go and weigh.
199.5lbs YAS!!! I'm not rubbish after all lol....just need to get my finger out and refocus for another wee burst before my holiday next week.
Big focus on salads this week I think!! Catch up later xx

Have absolutely loved reading this through, Love the banter, Love your determination and love how we're not using words like " trying" to lose weight, we ARE losing weight, even if its a pound at a time! - SUBBING :) x

Have absolutely loved reading this through, Love the banter, Love your determination and love how we're not using words like " trying" to lose weight, we ARE losing weight, even if its a pound at a time! - SUBBING :) x

Hey Beauty, glad to have you here. We WILL get there...slow and steady wins the race and all that - i'm just very slow and not so steady lol xx

Well what to say..where have I been?

Well i've missed two weigh ins at slimming world (officially three but decided just to weigh myself this morning and face up to it!) - the first week that i missed was because I couldn't physically get there. My class is at 0930 on a Thursday and there is a second one at 1730 as a back up plan. I couldn't make either the first week and had planned to go to a Sat morning class but ended up working!! That was a shame because I was really looking forward to going along and hopefully having a good result on the scales. It would be fair to say that I lost my way a bit the second week without the benefit of a weigh in the first week. This week I have been really busy at work, i've also been really skint after paying for our holiday so between being too busy to eat and living on pasta/broccoli/philly light and ryvita i've managed to do something right!

So i've got one more week left to make a bit of a difference before I go on holiday. If i pulled out the stops wondering if I could manage to get into the 13's?? Not likely but i'm going to give it my best shot. I've still got about 5 days worth of Cambridge left - i dont think i could bring myself to even to it for 5 days to be honest, but i'm going to do a couple of days here and there to use it up and try and help get another few pounds off. I'm working tomorrow so going to make that a cambridge day. My other days will just be the usual SW/sensible days. Essentially eating normally and avoiding chocolate like the plague!

Been very neglectful of my body brushing/moisturising routine - given that i need to expose my wee fat sausage legs in Portugal I better get brushing and moisturising - who are we kidding - but i do think it helps!!

Off to the cinema tonight - i've been very good today with chicken and salad. I'm having baked potatoes for tea and going to have a wee chocolate treat tonight. Treat night is coming a night early so I better be good and stick to my shakes on Saturday and Sunday!!

Done absolutely no excercise which will come as no surprise to you - that will be my big focus when i get back from my hols! One thing at a time i think!!

xx

Aw man! Why did I say I was going to do shakes today.....meh! Have woken up starving!!
Right...big drink of water and a chocolate shake - no deviating from the plan!!

I thought you had went awol again lol. Glad to have u back :) you could totally make a difference i the week u have left. If u pull out all the stops and stick to ur cambridge diet...u may lose about 5lbs or so. Will make u feel much better when ur in ur bikini catching some rays. I loved portugal when we went last year. It was one of the nicest places. We hired a car for 3 days and found lovely wee secluded beaches lovely hilltop towns.

Just stick at it for a week..cant wait to hear how ur getting on xxx

Back