Achieving What Seems Like The Unachievable - My Diary

Epic fail!!! Yesterday wasn't too bad, had shakes for bfast and lunch then, a healthy tea. Today was horrendous - I totally gorged on chocolate in a way that was even shameful by my standards.

Drawing yet another line!!! There's been quite a few lines drawn recently!! Think I'm going to bin my shakes and just try and keep a steady path - I think an all or nothing mentality brings out the worst in me. More all less nothing unfortunately!!

Feeling really guilty about everything today - my weight, lack of progress, lack of commitment, the gym - you name it I'm beating myself up about it! !

I think what has hit home today is that this isn't going to happen by itself. I need to work hard at it ALL of the time, and there's never going to be a good time.

SO...here's the line
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Plan for tmrw:
Bfast: banana before gym
Alarm set for gym at 7am
Strawberries and yoghurt before work
Snack will be a banana as out and about
Ryvita and philly light for lunch
Quavers for a snack
Bean chilli for dinner
10cal jelly and kiwi fruit
Bodybrushing and moisturising.

Will be checking in tmrw to report my 'compliance' with the plan lol!!

Night honeys xx

Hi, just caught up! How did your day go?

Hi! Got back my hols last night. Stepped on the scales this morning and a massive gain (6lbs). I'm not really surprised given eating three big meals every day and lying sunbathing all day every day - not a good combination for me!! Back on it today - hopefully it's not going to take me weeks and weeks to take off what I put on in a week!!!

Off to make brunch now - going to be bacon (fat cut off) and poached eggs instead of bacon and egg butties!

Got the shopping yo do this afternoon so will make a plan for this week before I go - will report back with my plan later!!!

Bursting has burst! :( xx

bursting has burst - LOL!!!

You probably only really put on 3 pound - bet the rest is just bloating / water weight so don't be too discouraged. Was the holiday fun ?

Hey Blondcat, the holiday was great. We were in Portugal - were you there recently as well? I think you're right - I ate loads of bread so probably a bit bloated as well. Having lots of water and few carbs today so see how that helps!
The weather was beautiful, it's a bit cold and wet here in comparison! Where abouts were you in Portugal? We were in St Eulia just outside Albufiera x

I was in Guia - not too far from Albufeira. I was pretty good on the 7 day hoilday - managed 4 7.5k runs and 4 1 hour swims and didn't go too mad food wise - quite a bit of bubbly though! First holiday I've ever gone on where I didn't put on weight I think - in fact I think I lost 2 pounds! lol

weather was stunning!! feeling a bit gloomy here in comparison, I agree

cutting back on the carbs for a few days will work wonders. I really don't think it will be long for those 6lbs to disappear

Sooo, remember that gym membership and the 30 day challenge that never really got past day 1??? Well it started today - reacquainted myself with the gym - felt really nervous about going however I made it and that dreaded first session back is now done!!

Got a stinky sore head today - I think its withdrawal from all the junk I ate on holiday. Had no diet coke today either which I'm sure is causing the detox symptoms!!

Back to work tomorrow - boooo!!

Plan for tmrw -
Bfast - muller light & granola with apple
Lunch - tuna mayo with red onion and sweetcorn and ryvita
Dinner - five bean chilli with rice
Exercise - 30 mins cross trainer
To do - Charge my fitbit

Night night x

Ooft it's been a heavy week. Been non stop since going back to work with 12 hour days - needless to say that's not offered any opportunity to honour my fitness intentions!! However on the whole it's been a good week so far -
I've lost 3lbs of my holiday weight :) Mainly because I've been eating less due to being so busy. I've not really been following a particular plan - just less food in general and what I have had has been fairly healthy. My next day off is Wednesday so going to battle on till then, catch up on work and then come up for air and get organised!!

My wee fit bit is still lying uncharged - must do that over the weekend as I find it a good motivator to try and move more.

Other than that not much to report, skint after our hols so looking forward to pay day and a wee night out in September. Having a few quiet months now so time to knuckle down. 18 Fridays to christmas - my goal is to be 12 stone for Christmas, and then I can continue in the new year and set a final target.

My colleagues and I have agreed that we will weigh at work weekly to keep up our motivation and to prevent us drifting off course when we are too busy to make classes. Think that's a good idea only I dont want others to know what I weigh so o think we'll just need to report our losses to each other and weigh ourselves!! I'm worried I probably weigh more than the guy that sits across from me lol!! That would be so embarrassing!

Well I'm off to bed now but will try and check in more regularly next week once I'm back on an even keel!!

Night all xx

Well we had our weigh in at work today - we all weighed and set a goal for christmas. Mine is to lose 2 stone - I'm 14.7 just now (down 3 from holiday) so hopefully be at most 12.7 (pref nearer 12) for christmas.That would be such a huge achievement for me given that I've been struggling all year even to get into the 13's!! Lots of support around just now ehich is good because it's at work that I eat the most rubbish!

Been pretty good last couple of days - feel like I've been eating a lot less than normal. Today I had soup with a slice of buttered granary bread for lunch and five bean chilli, rice and a tiny bit of cheese for dinner. I had a magnum for pudding but felt that was okay given I hadn't had anything else to eat. I was tempted to buy some chocolate on my way home but resisted because I knew that we would be having a magnum later and I would have just ended up having both!!! Was also offered a chip shop tea which I declined.

Still no exercise, I'm knackered and busy and setting myself up to fail re the gym. I'm off tmrw so going to go then. I'm hoping that if I can get through some of the work I've got on that I'll be able to prioritise this better next week. My main goal is just to eat less at the moment and to get back under 200 so i can continue my journey and pick up where i left off before the holiday.

Looking forward to weighing in next Tuesday - in the meantime chocolate is evil!!

I've been conspicuously silent which is never a good sign - probably because I have my head in a bag of crisps and a family size bag of m&m's for the last couple of weeks.

I couldnt have been more off the rails if I tried - put on 2lb last week and hate to think what the scales will say this week. Time to draw ANOTHER line!! Minimins need to do ruled pages at the rate I'm going :(

So going back to basics - signed up for ww online and downloaded the app. Going to start tmrw. (Had a mcd's for lunch or it would have been today). In all seriousness I'm quite disheartened that nothing has changed for me. I'm working silly hours and really finding it hard to prioritise myself in any way. I have asked to change my hours so that I can try and manage more of a balance - hopefully that will help a bit. Away to charge my fit bit - I wss supposed to do it 2 weeks ago lol!!

Well weigh in was today at work - lost 0.5lbs which was pretty amazing given hoe awful I've been. Aiming for 2.5 next week :)

☆☆☆☆FANFARE☆☆☆☆☆
Returned to the gym this morning - was so embarrassed - they had changed the sign in system again so I couldn't just sneak in and out without having to acknowledge my absence!! Really enjoyed it and need to work to make it 'just part of life' rather than a one off event every few weeks!!

I have downloaded the 'couch25k' app and completed the first day today. My intention is to be at the gym Tues, Wed and Thurs and something outdoors at the weekend. Maybe a walk or a bike ride. Having Friday off - will be up early to watch referendum results!!!

We went out for a bike ride on Thursday which was good except I had a very sore bottom afterwards - I thought I had plenty 'natural padding' but obviously not. I'm sure my weight doesnt help. Anyway won't stop me from going out again, was really good. Just need to not leave it too long or I'll be really sore again!!

Although I've been a bit more active I've still been eating pretty poorly. I've started tracking again today and have the shopping to do tomorrow. I'm going to plan my evening meals and points values in advance - I didn't really do that this week. It was our wedding anniversary and we had a busy weekend so ate out quite a few times and made the worst choices instead of the best. I've been thinking back to times that I've been successful and am going to try and replicate what I was eating at these times.

So back to the couch25k - it's a 9 week programme that is based on running three times a week. I've been quite inspired by Tangerine's running as well as another friend who previously couldn't run the lenght of herself and is now training for a marathon!!! I can't help feeling that if I was fitter the food might follow.

I like the idea of accomplishing something over a set period of time. Anyone reading from the start will see I've been faffing around now for quite a while and not really achieving much. 9 weeks (plus an extra week built in) takes me to the end of November. I've build in an extra week incase I need to do one of the weeks twice. At the end of this time I should have achieved a level of fitness that I've not managed for some time - I would expect to have lost a bit of weight (would love 20lbs) and for my shape to change within that timescale as well.

Anyway time for action and no more 'talking' - you will also have realised by now that I talk a good game!!

Will update tmrw x

A decent food day today - not the healthiest of dinners but within my points. Was really sore after my gym excursion so leaving it till tomorrow morning. Loosened up as the day has gone on so no excuses!!

Work trousers still feeling very tight so a constant reminder of what I'm trying to achieve!!

Hiya bursting. Just catched up on some of your recent posts. Well done getting back to the gym you've passed that barrier of going after a long absence so don't give now. Maybe you will inspire me with the cycling. I always would like to get out cycling. The busy roads where I live put me off though it just doesnt seem safe to me. The roads are in such bad condition...ie pot holes everywhere that people swerve to avoid...even the cyclists and there aren't any actual cycle paths until a certain point so I'm always put off. So well done you. How are u doing with ur c25k?? I did my first run yesterday in about 3 wks. I though I would be rank rotten but surprisingly I did not to bad....infact much better than I did 3 wks ago. I have downloaded that app numerous times...its quite a good app but at the time I just didn't keep up with it and had to keep going back to the start of wk one lol! Yesterday was even an outdoor run which I find harder due to the different surface/terrain but I did 2.5miles in 33 mins which is just a few mins slower than how I would have fared on the treadmill. So pretty quickly I stopped using the app and just started to run until I couldn't anymore...just stopped when I needed too and started running again when I felt I got my breath back. It worked better for me but everyone is different so just stick to what u feel comfortable with and don't give up. Dont look back on this diary in 4 wks time and feel like you haven't achieved much...this is your chance to make a difference to your overall health and fitness. Christmas is coming up in like 14wks or something so 1lb a week is a stone before xmas. I know I don't want to look back at my diary im 14wks time and see that I have achieved nothing. I have put on a stone in the past 7wks and am getting back to that point where I would have undone all that hard work. I'm still a stone lighter than I was when I joined here but its scary how quickly it all goes back on. I have 6wks before I go bridesmade dress shopping so Im hoping for a 10lb loss before then. Also I'm off the pill now so a healthy diet and exercise plan will be beneficial to help my chances. Although tbh I hope nothing happens for a few months to give me a chance to get a few stone off although equally I would be estatic if something did happen. Anyway I have hikacked ur diary lol sorry.

In summary:
* stick at ur running. I promise I will too
* aim for 1lb a week to achieve a 14lb loss for xmas
* get on here and post regularly..so I can kick ur ass if you have been bad lol!

This is our chance to make a difference to ourselves. It can be done!!!!

I have missed you tangerine! ! Here's to making EVERY week count. I've been off the pill for a while now and would say that we've not really been 'trying' for the same reasons as you - that I want to be a bit fitter, healthier and lighter first. Thats why it's so important not to waste anymore time. Enjoying the challenge of the running app, only thing is I'm totally wiped out and starving the days that I'm doing it!! I'm sure that will change but need to not compensate with food!! Been a bit guilty of that this week. Gym on Tuesday to start week 2 - worked all weekend so having a slow start tmrw morning. X

Hi bursting! I've been awol for a while so just caught up. I completely agree with tangerine's points. Keep it up! :)

Off to see Still Game tonight, really looking forward to it. Got my fitbit on and walking to the station - not going to cancel out the crap I've been eating but at least I'll get some exercise in today. I've not really been counting points and we all know if you bite it you should write it lol! Going back buy myself a wee note pad and go back to basics.

Did some clothes trying on today -thats always a good motivator. Should try and remember to do that more often - like the same item every week until it fits.

I've got a pair of jeans I've been trying to get into since the start of the year so that should be my first goal. I've also got a size 12 coast maxi dress I want to wear to my cousins wedding in March - that would be my ultimate goal!! Plenty dresses and tops to try inbetween! It's sooo frustrating having a wardrobe full of lovely clothes that dont fit!! Cant understand why I dont seem to be doing anything about it :( x

Ps, good to see you back Aymz, how are you getting on? Xx

Back