Achieving What Seems Like The Unachievable - My Diary

Yes I'm doing ok Hun I like you noticed that a good brekkie sets me up for the day. Monday morning weigh days means I don't get a chance to eat until after 11.33 and I totally notice the difference.

That looks a great menu :)

Well weigh day today and 2.5lb loss. Yay!! I'm convinced it would have been 3 if I hadn't had such a massive jumper on lol! Maybe get the benefit of that other 0.5 next week haha. Hopefully I can do the same again next week. I have a much quieter weekend so that should be a help!

Food for today was much the same as yesterday except I had baked potato's with tuna mayo and cheese (hx a) for dinner. Was 6.5 syns for the day which was fine. Could have done with some super free food at dinner but no salad in and couldn't be bothered with veg (doesnt really go). Scrapping the barrel till I can do a shop on Thursday - tomorrow could be a bit tricky especially as working at night so will need to take lunch and dinner with me.

Have some ww meals in freezer but suspect they are high syns. Maybe take a potato and tuna with me for dinner and philly light, tomato and ryvita for lunch.

Good night xx

Evening all!

Continuing to be a good week, I never ended up working last night after all so my meals were all fine, if a little random (a mix of what was left in the fridge lol!). Used 12 syns yesterday - snack a jacks, 50g philly light and an extra ryvita since I got my heb portions mixed up at lunch time!!

I'm over my syns today by about 2 (17). We had a Chinese tonight so I had chicken and mushrooms with boiled rice (10 syns - should be 11 but didn't eat it all). I had 5 prawn crackers (1.5) and then rememberes that I had bought a carrot and houmous dipping thing earlier at M&S - couldn't find it on the site but used the calculator and it was 5.5 syns!!!! Never crossed my mind - I would have had less chinese if I had realised. Never mind it wont break the bank.

I do kind of wish I hadnt had it though I feel so thirsty as it was really salty - made me feel a bit bloated as well. Lesson learnt!

Anyway...moving away from food. I'm feeling nice and chilled. I left work sharpish and came home to get changed before going for a 1/2 hr massage and 1/2 reflexology. It was sooo lovely and relaxing. Think that's also probably why I'm so thirsty. Going again in 4 weeks, hoping after Christmas to be able to afford to go more regularly as it's such a good way to de stress. I have a coldsore and eczema flare up at the moment so think some stress management is in order!!

I'm off tomorrow. Going to get my hair done in the afternoon, fancy a wee change. Might go dark since it's winter...but then it takes more effort to cover the grey!!

Hopefully get time to do my list tomorrow since I said I would do it on Sunday...will do it on the pc as my phone is a nightmare to use for a long post!! This was enough of a challenge!!

Night all x

Ps - I never had any hex today - not intentional just forgot. Was stuffed after my Chinese takeaway and over syns so it felt that it would be stupid to eat them just for the sake of it.

Just lost my whole big massive post! This site hard to post by phone, drives me mad! Short story is all is well in my wee slimming world realm.
Cant be arsd typing it all again so will say goodnight for now and do a proper update tmrw xx

Yas!! Within my syns today and had all my hex - about time I stuck to the rules!! I added up all my syns that i've had this week and still 7 under in total which is quite reassuring since I've had a few days when I've been a couple over.

My scales are STILL at work lol! They are in a box as we moved the office around last week. I'm glad now I never brought them home as I'm not jumping on and off them and either raising my expectations or dashing my enthusiasm!! There's been a few times where I've had a mid week weigh, thought that I'm having a big loss, and then been bitterly disappointed on weigh day when -3 becomes -1!! It's been enough to take me off the straight and narrow in a huff!!

I have no idea what I've lost this week (sure I've lost something) and it's exciting looking forward to getting weighed on Tuesday.

I pulled out the jeans again (the ones I've been trying on since the start of the year). I can get both of them on and zipped up - just a massive muffin top going on!! Hopefully another few weeks will sort that - definitely progress!

Food today was good - I'm eating so well just now and really enjoying everything - it doesnt feel like a diet. Something has clicked - I haven't had any chocolate for nearly a fortnight (excl options with quark which is def not chocolate in my book!) - that is unheard of for me, it has been mostly chocolate that has made me nearly 5 stone overweight!!

Happy days - really hope I can keep up the momentum!!

Hi there. That all sounds great..hope its still all going well.

Been a busy couple of days, went to class last night and I can report that I lost 2lbs this week - very pleased and hoping I can do 2.5 this week for my 1/2 stone award! That would be amazing!! However if I dont get it next week I'll get it the week after.

Definitely feeling a lot better about myself - I'm sure it's probably helped by cutting out all the sugary snacks and eating more fruit and salad.

So tired..been a hard couple of days it's 830pm and I'm about to turn the light out! Love a wee proper early night now and again!!

Xx

Ps - I never had any hex today - not intentional just forgot. Was stuffed after my Chinese takeaway and over syns so it felt that it would be stupid to eat them just for the sake of it.

Forgot to correct this - I was always sure that houmous was a hexb - checked online and it is 5th l/for houmous is a b choice - so I did have a hex and I didn't go over my syns - result!!

I had a bit of a realisation yesterday - this is for the long haul!
The only way that I'm going to lose a substantial amount of weight (i.e around 5 stone) is to keep making good choices every day. Sounds dead obvious but I've never really done that before! I haven't had any chocolate since 11th November - that is amazing for me given that most days I would have a BIG bar of chocolate - I'm trying to continue to avoid chocolate as I need to become someone that would have a wee drop chocolate now and again as a treat rather than someone who considers it a food group lol!

My husband has bought a chocolate advent calender though so we might have a wee problem . We will share it taking turn about - I'll syn for the chocolate (1 syn) At least that will be 12 syns over 24 days rather than 22 odd syns in 1 day! !

Anyway enough rambling - I suppose where I'm going with this is that I was quite tempted yesterday to a) buy some chocolate and b) stuff my face and eat anything I want when out for dinner. Happy to report I did neither but it did make me realise losing weight takes work every day!!

For the record I had chilli with rice and salad when I was out for tea.

Catch up later xx

A good day today although I have to confess there was a bit of a shortage of superfree food.

I had:
35g muesli (dry cos I'm a weirdo) hexb for bfast
Omelette with mushrooms and bacon using 30g cheddar hexa for lunch
Pasta bolognaise (contained peppers and onions) but could have done with some salad or fruit after.
syns were used for a wee pudding - a lemon Greek style muller light poured over two meringue nests (5.5 syns for the day)

Let me just go and polish my halo

Husband and I are having a wee day out tomorrow. We're going into town for lunch and then for a few drinks after we've done all our bits and bobs at the shops. So my halo will no doubt have slipped slightly tomorrow !

I've suggested Nandos since I know that I can have a very yummy low syn meal - butterfly chicken (4.5 syns) with salad, corn on cob and maybe even some halluomi (sp?) as a hex a! ! Will just try and stick to vodka and soda rather than any wine or sugary cocktails

Looking forward to unwinding a bit X

Had a great day out - finished the day on 33 syns 22.5 of which were vodka (hubby was responsible for keeping a tally lol). Could have been worse I suppose!! Loved Nandos, had butterfly chicken, rice, salad and some halluomi. Was really yummy. Was tempted by the chippy on the way home but had some left overs from last night's tea instead.

Next challenge will be not to eat everything in site tomorrow - planning a big brunch with bacon, scrambled egg and a bagel. Will need to draw a line on anymore syns after the bagel given the final tally today x

What? 11 syns in a bagel I thought it was 6 for some reason x

Weigh in yesterday, was quite nervous after Saturday and I didn't have a great day on Monday. However....lost 2.5lbs and got my half stone award
Totally delighted!!
I had hoped for a stone off for Christmas so provided I keep going I should be on track to achieve this.
This is my last day at work and then I'm off for a week and a half - hopefully get a wee bit body magic in this week - going to try and get out for a walk most days x

Just checking in - to keep myself going. This is my last completely clear week before Christmas so I'm giving it my all!! Lots of free and superfree food and going to make sure I stay within the syn allowance.

Today was:
Bfast - pineapple, melon & mango
Snack : hifi bar hexb
Lunch: baked potato, low fat cottage cheese and salad
Dinner: Scotch broth and scrambled egg with hexa cheese
Syns: 2 cadbury mini yule logs (12)

Yummy menu good luck x

Lovely quiet day today - a bit lazy though!! First day of my hols so got up at my leisure and spent most of the day catching up on my sky planner and watching Disney films lol! Was lovely!!
We went out for dinner but made a 'healthy choice' from the 'light choices' menu in the belhaven pub we went to. I had pad thai which was supposed to have about 500 call. It was rice noodles, chicken, prawns, spring onion, ginger, chillies, soy sauce, lime and pad thai sauce. There were crushed cashew nuts on top which I had as a b choice and I'm assuming the noodles were dried and therefore free. I counted 7 syns for the sauce - think that is more than realistic - hard when you don't know for sure, but still better than chicken burger (southern fried with cheese & bacon) and chips which would be my normal pick when we go there!!

We shared some quark mixed with choc options and raspberries when we got home - 1 syn each.

For breakfast I had some Scotch broth (a bit weird but it was there, filling and free). Had a late lunch with baked potato, salad and ham. 3 syns for some l/for marg on the potato - was lovely!

And finally....1 syn for advent calender choc 12 syns today in total.

Off to the Christmas Market in Edinburgh tomorrow and will probably be out again for something to eat. Will need to work out how many syns in a mulled wine!!! Going to fill up on a couple of boiled eggs and some fruit before I go. If it goes a bit of course I'll maybe do a couple of red days on Sat and Sun to see if that helps me along!!

Night all x

35 syns today...oops!! Was doing so well as well, would have finished the day on 15.5 syns if I hadn't had a big chocolate biscuit binge. Hubby's dad brought them round earlier - there's a reason I don't buy biscuits especially ones at 6 syns a pop!!

Was away in Edinburgh today at the Christmas Market - made lots of good choices and had a lovely day. Gave the mulled wine a miss at 10 syns per 100 ml A cup would probably be about 25 syns!! I would Def rather the choc biscuits I scoffed

Totally knackered after all the walking and stairs - off to bed now

Night night xx

Better day today - slightly over my syns (16) but poor planning on my part. I forgot to count the syns in the mayo I put in my tuna. If I had remembered about this I wouldn't have bothered using two syns for a quark/options combo this evening. The rest of the syns were used for two slices of hubby's pizza - really wasn't worth it tbh!

Today's food was -
Left over sw quiche with salad
2 slice pizza
Baked potato's with tuna mayo, sweetcorn, red onion, and salad
30g cheddar hexa
Hifi bar hexb
Quark/choc options with raspberries

I asked husband to hide the biscuits so I couldn't succumb to any temptation tonight - especially as I was in on my own!! I really can't trust myself in these types of situations!!

Well the biscuits came back out today but hopefully not too much damage as the only other syns I had was the rest of the mayo in the left over tuna mayo. I'm aware that I would appear to be making excuses and justifying myself!! Maybe I am but I can't help feeling that a treat of a few biscuits over the weekend is a huge improvement to what I have been eating most weekends...or actually most days over the last couple of years!! So yes I'm still quite proud of myself although I finished at about 25 syns today. I didn't have a hexb so think I can probably offset 6 syns to give me a total of 19. I know that's not the plan but a syn's a syn in my book!!

So the menu for today was -

Lunch - pasta with tuna mayo, sweetcorn, onion and hexa cheese. I had fresh pineapple after. (4 syns)

Dinner - SW chicken curry with rice (3 syns)

4 chocolate biscuits (18 syns)

Need to make sure I have a good week ahead as I'm off work on AL so can't let the syns run up like this everyday!!

My plan is to have NO syns tomorrow to pull it back a bit and compensate for the weekend....

Night lovelies xx

Back