Achieving What Seems Like The Unachievable - My Diary

Evening! Didn't quite manage 0 syns but had a good day nonetheless!

Car was in the garage today so did a fair bit of walking which is a wee bonus. One of my priorities when I get paid next (other than all the presents I've still got to buy )is to get a new pair of trainers that I can wear out walking. At the moment I don't really have any -my trainers are cream and really more for indoors or dry summery days!

For bfast I had a hifi bar hex b
Lunch was baked potato, beans, cheese hex a, and a side salad.
Dinner was marinated chicken thighs (marinated in ketchup, mustard, honey and soy sauce). I had it with salad and corn on the cob. Dinner had 2.5 syns - as much of the marinade remained in the bowl and the rest is on the other half of the chicken which I'll have for lunch tmrw!

Tonight I tried some fairy cakes that someone posted a recipe on via my sw group fb page. 3 syns each and I had 2 - they weren't very nice tbh so won't t bother sharing - I would rather have had a proper cake for 6 syns rather than one made out of egg, flour, options and a muller light

Anyway it all came to 8.5 syns in the end which was better than I have been for the last couple of days.

I have my works night out on Wed. I tried on my dress tonight and can definitely notice a difference in how it looked the last time I wore it at the end of October. Although I've not lost a huge amount it's enough to make the dress fit better.

Weigh day tomorrow and hoping for a good week. I'll be over my syns all in all, but not by too much so hoping for a loss. Would love two pounds to keep me on target for the end of the year x

Actually looking back on my syns this week I might be lucky to get a loss!! I feel like I have but that doesn't mean anything. I think that I need to get out of the mindset of justifying bad choices as still being better than what I would have done previously - there's only so long that will work!!

Heu just caught up. Hope weigh in went / goes well!

Hey Aymz, how are things with you? Nice to see you dropping by.

Had a lovely surprise at weigh in tonight - 4 lbs off and slimmer of the week

Totally delighted and now definitely on track to get into the 13 's for Christmas or at least by the end of the year. That's me also back below 200lbs which is where I got to earlier in the year before I fell off the wagon. Tonight was a big boost and has definitely motivated me to keep going and to start to believe that I can do this.

Have my works night out tomorrow - will make sure I have lots of free and superfree during the day and then I'm taking the night off. I will need to be straight back on it and be exceptionally good for the rest of the week if I want a loss - 3 lbs would give me my stone award - how great would that be!!

Wow sounds like it's going great. I've been terrible the last few months and put back on everything and more. Been back on it since monday so hopefully will keep going. Have just been lacking motivation and willpower recently :( I think I'm going to start another diary soon as I think it will help me.
Well done again on the loss and I hope you achieve your next target!!

It was the Christmas night out tonight and so a night off plan. Really really enjoyed it and didn't go off the rails too bad. I'm not counting my syns for today but will tell you what I had today -

Brunch - 2 small baked potato's with tuna and 1 tbsp l/f mayo. 30g cheddar (hexa). Melon and mango

Drinks - 4 vodka and soda - kept get in lime cordial in them despite asking for fresh lime (1/4 was right)

Dinner -
Smoked salmon with salad and creme fraiche dressing
Turkey with stuffing, 2 pigs in blankets, 2 roast potatos plus veg (1/3 superfree)
Salted caramel profiteroles - they were amazing

I reckon maybe 60 syns would cover it! Back on it tomorrow x

Was a nice day today, went through with my mum and dad to see my gran for her 88th birthday. She hasn't been well so it really seemed to cheer her up. We got a Chinese takeaway and had some birthday cake...so a little synful, especially after yesterday!! Need to make sure I get a couple of really good days under my belt now!!

Brunch - scrambled eggs with bacon (3.5 syns) & tomato
Snack - fruit salad
Dinner - King prawns with ginger & spring onion (5 syns), boiled rice and bday cake (10 syns)
1 advent calendar choc (1 syn)

19.5 syns in total

Evening all. An uneventful day today, I was out at the shops this afternoon and then just pottering around this evening while hubby on back shift. Back to work on Monday I've really enjoyed being off.

Made some scones this evening - made them SW style so 8 syns each. Enjoyed a scone and honey (2.5 syns) for supper. Hubby will take them to work so I don't eat anymore!! That was all my syns for today which was good given the last couple of days - planning to stick around 5 syns tomorrow and Sunday.

Food for today was -
Brunch - apple & pear
Snack - hifi bar hexb
Dinner - quorn meatballs with tomato sauce (fresh and tinned tomatoes) & spaghetti - hex a cheddar
Apple
Scone & honey (10.5)

night night xx

Eugh. . .got so much house work to do and doing everything I can to avoid doing it! Another half hour of being a couch potato and then I need to get on it!

Well I think I redeemed myself today - I had 2 syns. I'm hoping that will offset the extra syns on Weds and Thurs

Didn't do as much of the house as I had planned so will need to make sure I have a more productive day tomorrow before I go back to work! Have to confess I've had a very lazy week and not done an ounce of exercise I'm not planning anything majorly energetic but do feel that I should be at least doing something like a quick walk everyday. Anyway I'll just focus on getting the eating right for now - that's what counts the most.

Lunch today was left over dinner from last night
Dinner was chilli (made with half quorn/half beef mince, onions, peppers and tomatoes)
Cucumber
Quark with options and raspberries
Potato wedges made with 10 ml olive oil (2 syns - had half wedges so 1 syn)
1 advent choc (1 syn)

Feel like I'm a bit diet obsessed at the moment, all I seem to be thinking about is food and counting down to the next weigh in and wishing to be slinky!!

Quick check in before bed. Hoping I'm going to sleep tonight! Back to work tomorrow after 10 days off and my sleep pattern is all over the shop! Too many late nights and long lies - ouch!

Today was a good day although I wasn't feeling great - hope I'm not coming down with this horrible cold that is going around! Slept late so just had a late breakfast and an early dinner. Made scones again - they were nicer this time with a bit more sweetener than before.

Bfast: 30g muesli (hexb) with chopped banana and muller light

Dinner: Chilli from last night with bachelors mexican rice and fresh chopped tomatoes. 30g cheddar

Syns: 1 scone (7 syns) with 2 tsp honey (2 syns) plus a small broken bit of scone to taste test (2 syns)

Total 11 syns

Weigh day tomorrow, I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for a 3 lb loss which would give me my 1 stone award - that would totally make my day - although I should still get it before Xmas if I don't manage it tomorrow. Still hoping to be 13 something on Xmas day instead of 15 something! That would be an amazing Christmas present.

I know lots of people are thinking about what they are going to do at Christmas. I'm determined that I'm going to do the best I can and aim for a loss over the Christmas week. Christmas day and boxing day will both be a challenge, but I figure if I don't stuff my face too much and are good the other days I might get a wee loss. I'm working all through the hols so should be able to bear some resemblance to the norm (hopefully). Anyway my point is that I'm not taking it off!!

First day back to work, pretty shattered especially as I was on call during the night - still a good day though and didn't feed my tiredness. I do believe I'm starting to change those bad habits. I've said before that I got in its mess mainly through daily consumption of large quantities of chocolate - I think avoiding chocolate generally will be the key to undoing some of the damage. I'm also not having 'treats' all three nights of the weekend.

Sorry for rambling but I'm feeling so good about being in control and actually making a difference for a change. I've not been able to do this for a long long time.

Food for today was -
Bfast - banana
Snack - snack a jacks (4.5 syns)
Lunch - M&S boiled egg and tomato salad, fruit, 30g cheddar (hexa)
Dinner - SW chicken curry, cucumber & sw wedges. Used 25g philly light in sauce (2 syns)
Apple
Advent calender choc (1 syn)

Total syns - 7.5 syns

Night night all x

Nothing to report because I was late for my weigh in and couldn't get weighed Need to go to another class tomorrow - at least that will maximise any loss I suppose! Every cloud and all that!!

Was out for tea tonight but still a good day food wise -

Bfast - banana
Snack - snack a jacks (4.5 syns)
Lunch - Scotch broth
Dinner - chilli, rice and side salad.
Desert - Quark with options choc (2 syns)
Don't know how the broth and chilli were made so have allocated 4 syns to cover any oils/higher fat content etc. Pretty sure the soup doesn't have any syns and the chilli seemed pretty lean.

10.5 syns for today. Will report in tomorrow!! Weigh at 5.30pm x

PAH! Only lost 1/2 lb, wee bit disappointed as I felt that I had lost more and that I'd been pretty good. Never mind it's not always going to be predictable and it's definitely not going to come off overnight! Still losing inches - I take my measurements each week and this week I have lost an inch from my waist and from my hips - I think that's a big help to keep me motivated.

Back to normal class and usual scales on Monday so hoping for a better number then! Still holding out for my 1 stone awards only 2.5lbs to go and 3.5 to see the 13 ' s! Would love a stone for Xmas and to be in the 13 ' s by the end of the year. It's my birthday in Feb and I have a hen do on valentines weekend - would like to be in the 12's by then - achievable if I keep my head down and don't waste the next couple of weeks over the festive period!!

Forgot to post food for today -

Brunch - scrambled egg (made with butter 3.5 syns) and a banana

Dinner - chilli with potatoes, cucumber sticks and 30g cheddar (hexa)

Special know dark choc chewy bar (hex b)
Fruit (mango, pineapple, melon)

Supper - another special know bar (4.5 syns)

Total syns - 8 syns

Don't think I'm drinking enough water - going to start aiming for 2.5 let (4 pints) a day and see if this makes a difference. I'm a bit spotty just now as well so water could only help.

Last edited:
Just a quick post - 15.5 syns made up of 1 tortilla and 4 mini sausage rolls. Rest of food free/superfree/hex. Forgot about the water - had one pint. Poor show!! Bad day wasn't in a good frame of mind but didn't eat through it so that's good.

A bit annoyed - fancied a pudding and thought I remembered mini steamed puds being quite low syn. Couldn't get online in the shop to check until I got home and checked - 18.5 - don't think I'll be eating that then!! Not this week anyway!! That definitely contributed to my bad mood!!

What annoyed me most was going to doc surgery for my flu jag. Nurse told me I couldn't get it because I hadn't had a recent prescription but acknowledged that I had asthma and proceeded to give me my prescription. (moved surgery and stocked up before the move). Questioned the point of the appointment and the waste of time. You either have asthma or you don't.....FFS! Anyway in the end she said she would take my word for it - really??

Going to stop now I can hear myself getting ranty!!

Ps - auto-correct might send me over the edge!!

Well I have been well and truly off it over the last two days. Yesterday we were Christmas shopping so had lunch out and then had friends round for drinks last night which involved a lot of nibbling on crisps and popcorn. Today I had and day out with friend for a lovely lunch and drinks. We went to a lovely cocktail bar (can't drink vodka and soda in a cocktail bar!) plus I got a chippy later at night on the way home

It would actually be a miracle if I lost weight this week after such a big splurge! Anyway it's Christmas and that's just what happens sometimes so not going to feel guilty or get upset about it. Going to have a day of free and superfree tomorrow to compensate and just plod on keeping up with the plan. Today was my biggest planned day out - only two more 'big' days to go - Xmas day and New Years eve x

Well it wasn't a brilliant day SW wise but I didn't eat much so if call counting it wouldn't be bad - actually going to go and work that out now! Will update the post.

Brunch: bacon sandwich (2 slices white bread (10 syns), 3 rashers bacon grilled with fat cut off), scrapping of flora (2 syns) and a tbsp of ketchup (1 syn).

Dinner: All free & superfree - salad with slice of ham and a boiled egg.
Pineapple, melon & mango fruit salad

Snacks: apple, 5 roses (10 syns), dam bar (7 syns)

UPDATE - that equates to 1240 cals so not the worst day by far.

On the plan properly tomorrow - I was caught on the hop today and made do x

Last edited:
Well.......I lost a lb!!
I'm delighted and have no idea how my body works. Last week I tried really hard, had an extra day to weigh and only lost half a lb. This week I only had 5 days and was only really good 3/5 and I lost double what I did last week???
I think the lesson is to stop second guessing your body and trying to predict weight loss - other than following the plan we have no influence or control of how the numbers go!!

Totally knackered and off to bed now - Going to get in a couple of solid days down before Christmas day and boxing day. Having both days off and then back on track over the weekend till I weigh on the 30th.

Night night xx

Well done on the loss! Our bodies totally surprise us!

Have a great Christmas!! :)

Back