Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by tonix, 6 January 2010 Social URL.

1. tonix

tonix Member

Ive been doing exercising for 3 days, pump it up mainly, and then some that was set for me thru
    Woke up this morning, my stomach, legs, back etc are aching.

Should I leave today, and carry on tomorrow, or exercise thru it?

My BF says leave it, but Its not like a pulled muscle, its just that ive not used them all for a while :eek:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. clairex

clairex Silver Member

I'm aching today too - but I'm going to fight through it and do some more hopefully later on! :)
  4. The Punisher

The Punisher Full Member

Sounds like DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)
    Have a rest day or 2 and maybe think about getting some glutamine (sp) tabs from Holland and Barrett. Worked a treat for me
  5. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    When you load the muscles then you get microscopic tears. Rest allows them to repair. You should have at least 2 rest days a week.
    The other cause of aching is a build up of lactic acid. Gentle exercise will help to clear this.
    It depends! If you are really sore then rest, just pleasantly so then do a light workout.Just remember you don't have to work out every day.
    I look on stiffness as a sign I've had a good workout.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.