Adam's Brot

ransch

Has anyone tried this?

Adam's Brot

It claims to be a bread that has 1.9g of carbs per 100g of bread as it's made mostly from ground almonds. Apparently it's very popular in Poland.

Sounds nice! I would kill for a tin of spaghetti hoops & mini sausages on toast LOL...maybe not have it with the hoops if I try it though!

I haven't seen it around but maybe we could find a recipe between us

I can't see a link on the site to buy the mix to try it, unless it's there and I haven't noticed it

I found this recipe if it's any use

Easy almond Bread

2 eggs beaten
2 Tbsp Melted butter
4 oz. almond flour / ground almonds
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Optional---1 tsp. Splenda

combine eggs and butter then add to the dry ingredients mix well until batter has no lumps, pour batter into a flat microwavable dish, and bake for 2 1/2 minutes in microwave until top is firm and dry to the touch. Let cool and slice. Makes a nice mini pizza crust. the splenda makes it a little sweet like a cake.

This was the original recipe. I've also made a 'savory' version replacing the splenda with garlic and onion powder to taste.

Thanks Neen x

Here are the ingredients-
Almond flour, wheat gluten, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, salt, species, dry yeast

so I think you're right Neen, it can't be that difficult to make. I might order some to try it out. I'll let you know what it's like.

Back