'Add A Meal' week.

I asked similar yesterday about the cauliflower and the general consensus was that a reasonable sized floret should do it :) Asked my CDC today about measuring lettuce and she said she wouldn't be too concerned about measuring lettuce (not going OTT either of course!)

Hello there,

Well to be honest I've gone for the cheapest way to do this diet. Not been well so been stuck in doors the whole of my AAM week. So the whole time I've had cottage cheese with lettuce and cucumber, and a sprinkle of pepper. Tonight I had lettuce and chicken... not very experimental but I've had to make do with what I've got. And to be perfectly honest with you, it was gorgeous!

All the best x

Last edited:
I'm quite anxious at the thought of AAM week. I have been SSing now for the best part of 4 weeks and have not really been tempted to cheat.

I just hope my willpower gets me through the week and I stick religiously to the correct amounts of food. I guess one of the big advantages of SSing is the little amount of time you spend thinking about that next meal and all the food you can eat, after all the next meal is usually just another shake and you get use to not eating relatively quickly.

I too felt really apprehensive and anxious about my first week of aam and have to say I really did not enjoy the first day - after 4 weeks of nothing but shakes eating real food was just weird!!!

However, I got over the weirdness by day 2 lol and did really enjoy the meals. They are small but are really filling - I guess after 4 weeks of ss our stomachs have probably shrunk a fair bit (inside and outside!!). I bought a pair of scales to weight my protein portions to ensure I was sticking to the portion sizes but after 2 hours and 11 shops I could not find a flippin tablespoon anywhere :sigh: - I think my mum has one and I may have to use my ninja stealth to liberate this from her cutlery drawer (she never uses it in anycase).

Switching from aam back to ss was my main worry but apart from being a grumpy mare on the first day I slipped back into ss with no hiccups - next aam starts next saturday.

FBNYS - if you have the willpower to be able to stick to ss for the last 4 weeks I am sure that you will be able to adapt to aam with no probs and stick to the guide.

Let us know how you go.

I too felt really apprehensive and anxious about my first week of aam and have to say I really did not enjoy the first day - after 4 weeks of nothing but shakes eating real food was just weird!!!

However, I got over the weirdness by day 2 lol and did really enjoy the meals. They are small but are really filling - I guess after 4 weeks of ss our stomachs have probably shrunk a fair bit (inside and outside!!). I bought a pair of scales to weight my protein portions to ensure I was sticking to the portion sizes but after 2 hours and 11 shops I could not find a flippin tablespoon anywhere :sigh: - I think my mum has one and I may have to use my ninja stealth to liberate this from her cutlery drawer (she never uses it in anycase).

Switching from aam back to ss was my main worry but apart from being a grumpy mare on the first day I slipped back into ss with no hiccups - next aam starts next saturday.

FBNYS - if you have the willpower to be able to stick to ss for the last 4 weeks I am sure that you will be able to adapt to aam with no probs and stick to the guide.

Let us know how you go.

ruth i found a set of measuring spoons in asda, just white plastic ones and they range from 1/2 teaspoon up to tablespoon, they all sit inside each other, cant remember how much they were but only a couple of quid :D

Chicken and mushroom skewers grilled are delicious (thanks to IceMoose for that one) xx

Back