Add A Meal Week

OK- So add a meal week isnt for 3 weeks yet... but planning
ahead is the key?

I would like some advice from experienced add a mealers...
The following are the vegetable I like in order of preference..
Would like to know which I am allowed to enjoy.. and which I am not!

Red Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Sweetcorn, Swede, Carrot, Broccoli, Peas, Cauliflower, Lettuce, Green Beans, Parsnip...

I know Cambridge states something like green and grows above the ground... but people surely waiver a little from their list.. So I wondered A) What is rules... and B) What from experience you have found to be ok!

Muchly appreciated for any advice guys!

Also... spices and that kinda jazz... paprika, fajita spices, balsamic vinegar?

Thanks
xx

Hey BBFM, Good to see ya!!!

I didnt deviate, I stuck to green and white and above the ground!!!!

I added schwartz chicken seasoning to my chicken though, its lovely, not sure if its strictly allowed but it didnt hurt me.

Stay away from onions and peppers, they contain lots of natural sugar.

Mushrooms, broccoli and cauli was the 3 I had most x

Not much help to you as I'm afraid I've only ever had cottage cheese and cucumber on AAMW - really enjoyed it though!

Gx

I like having watercress, spinach and rocket rather than plain leaves than don't taste of much. Mushrooms and broccoli are fine but I think parsnips, carrots and swede are all very carby so would knock you out of ketosis. There is a list in the Cambridge book of what's OK and in one of the sticky threads too. Oh peas are full of sugar too! Sorry ;-)

Hey CanIreallydothis... look at ur photo now! Ur really doing this!!! WOOOHOOOO!
Ur looking fab!

Hmm- peas... full of sugar- learning new things!

My ideal add a meal would be a kinda mexicany thing-
Chicken Skewer with pepper mushroom n onion...

I am not really very good with inventive meal ideas- but I do feel that AAM week has to be
something to look forward to in a kind of rebuilding a positive relationship with food way!

I am also aware however aware that by sticking to the same thing you cant really go wrong.
Well done Porgeous- cos I think this needs great discipline!

Any ideas, inspirations, further AAM week knowledge welcome

xx

Sorry to burst your bubble but I think peppers and onions are also definately off the menu if you want to stay in ketosis. You can still spice some chicken though.

Thanks bluefurry, I totally agree with you on the building healthy relationship with food thing and is definately the right approach - skewers sound yum!! To be honest the reason I stuck with cottage cheese was because I was soooo worried about AAMW when I first did it as I thought it might throw me off track and SS would be difficult to get back to so I opted for as boring as possible so I wouldn't miss it when I went back to SS!! Believe me there was some logic but I missed the cottage cheese anyway which is really tragic!!

Hopefully someone will be along with some recipie ideas for you soon - enjoy experimenting.

Georgie
x

Sounds like a a combination worthy of experimentation! I was surprised on AAM, having SS'd for 4 months ish (LL) I tried new things and loved them - my absolute favourite was cottage cheese and cucumber - something I would never have eaten before! I love it now!

Wow- People really seem to dig cottage cheese and cucumber-
Minimum prep time maximum enjoyment?!

I have never been one for cottage cheese... but maybe after much avoidance I might brave
it once again!? lol

You make it sound so irresistable lol- it's like watching one of those mouth watering M&S adverts
hehehe

xx

This is not just cottage cheese, this is finely churned creamy pieces of white nectar, lifted by crisp crunchy mouthwatering pieces of cucumber, lightly tossed together with a sprinkly of ground pepper......this is AAMW cottage cheese!

Porgeous.... Am thinking you should write to M&S and ask for a job in their marketing department.... if you can make cottage cheese sound that good I am sure you can do anything!

x

Ha Ha M&S cottage cheese - a classic!!!

I just had the same meal of chicken with salad and pickled red cabbage, or cucumber and celery. One thing I loved adding to spice things up was a bit of tobasco sauce on the salad leaves - delicious and spicy!!!

You want to see how good I can make Tripe sound!!

Gx

Now that would take some marketing!!...and kidneys and liver! Bleurgh!! Even after SS'ing there is no way on earth I would ever want that!!!

Here we go then....

This is not just tripe this is lightly sauteed, buttery and creamy, warmed gently with herbs and spices until mouthwateringly tender and slightly golden, served in bite size pieces that will melt on the tongue with cracked black pepper to add that little extra kick ... this is Georgie's Tripe!

Gx

Darn it.. knew I'd missed something needed a little extra to mask the smell!!

Gx

lol! Yeah like a gas mask!

These are not just smells..... they are smells that linger delicatly in the air for hours on end....that waft through your household to ensure that all members of your family can also enjoy their pungent aroma for the rest of the day!

Back