Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Addicted to coca-cola

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by POPPY83, 24 February 2009 Social URL.

1. POPPY83

POPPY83 Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating/Excercise
    hi people.
    I need to lose some weight, so have started to cut out junk food, the problem is coke. I can't stop drinking it and don't know how to get off it. I drink diet coke, but i know that it is just as bad.
    Has anyone got any advice please?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. HotMomma

HotMomma Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Don't go cold turkey! I was addicted to cola for over 10 years. I seriousely drank nothing but cola every day... About two bottles a day. Once I realised it was a problem I tried several times to go cold turkey off it and had some horrible side effects - sickness, shakes, headaches, runs, irritability, dehydration... It was awful and made me very sick. I managed to come off it in the end by slowly weaning myself off it a little bit at a time.

Sadly it's left me with awful teeth decay (which has all been fixed now, but I still feel ugly) and kidney problems...

I didn't drink the diet stuff though as I got shakey if I tried the diet stuff.

Good luck! You'll feel much better once you kick to coke!

4. Sarah_Lou

Sarah_Lou Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to be addicted to coke when i was younger, still drink it now, but nowhere near as much.
    I swapped out Coca Cola for Coke Zero, its Ok i suppose, but i drink more water these days

5. FatGirl2Slim

FatGirl2Slim Full Member

I stick to Pepsi Max and water now. I couldn't give up fizzy drinks so don't bother trying! You could try cutting down to one a day then one every other day etc

6. Georgiestar

Georgiestar Silver Member

my mum used to be addicted to cola she had brittle bones anyway, i also heard that drinking alot of cola makes it worse, so im glad your trying to cut down.

7. leslieann1

leslieann1 Member

I do understand! Soda's are one of my weaknesses!! I also switched to diet but every once in a while I cheat! :break_diet:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.