Addicted to coca-cola

POPPY83

hi people.
I need to lose some weight, so have started to cut out junk food, the problem is coke. I can't stop drinking it and don't know how to get off it. I drink diet coke, but i know that it is just as bad.
Has anyone got any advice please?

Don't go cold turkey! I was addicted to cola for over 10 years. I seriousely drank nothing but cola every day... About two bottles a day. Once I realised it was a problem I tried several times to go cold turkey off it and had some horrible side effects - sickness, shakes, headaches, runs, irritability, dehydration... It was awful and made me very sick. I managed to come off it in the end by slowly weaning myself off it a little bit at a time.

Sadly it's left me with awful teeth decay (which has all been fixed now, but I still feel ugly) and kidney problems...

I didn't drink the diet stuff though as I got shakey if I tried the diet stuff.

Good luck! You'll feel much better once you kick to coke!

I used to be addicted to coke when i was younger, still drink it now, but nowhere near as much.
I swapped out Coca Cola for Coke Zero, its Ok i suppose, but i drink more water these days

I stick to Pepsi Max and water now. I couldn't give up fizzy drinks so don't bother trying! You could try cutting down to one a day then one every other day etc

my mum used to be addicted to cola she had brittle bones anyway, i also heard that drinking alot of cola makes it worse, so im glad your trying to cut down.

Back