Addicted to food! Help!

I seriously am addicted to food. I hide what I eat from my partner and last week he had a week of work and instead of enjoying our time together I spent the time worrying that I couldn't go to the shop to get what I wanted and thinking of excuses of why I could be nipping out! I know how pathetic that sounds and actually how pathetic I am :-( ill put the wrappers straight in the outside bin so he doesn't see them and am even getting to embarrassed to go to the local shop as I always buy so much junk when I'm there. Anyone got any tips to help me?

You are not alone! When I get started hungry or not ill eat everything in sight and then my neighbours too! I've not had to hide food but the car was always full of wrappers....

what I had to do was take food out of the equation when I was ready to diet. I needed some time away from meal planning, and concentrating on what I was eating as I just rebelled and ate more if I had to be involved with food!

I still drive past restaurants, shops etc and think about what i want to eat. At one point I would do it. Even stopped at motorway services on short trips as I wanted to snack or eat.

I chose to do Cambridge at that time as I just picked up a shake in the morning and for lunch and I didn't need to go to the place that caused me to overeat. It worked for me for ages, and I've only had a minor blip after 5 years. There are other options but that one worked for me.

you might also want to look at cbt or something to address your mind, I would do it now if I could, as I still have that glutton in my body now and then but it's 100 times better and I have a cut off where I know I'm too big nowadays.
I hope that helps a bit.

As soon as i saw this i was like yep that is me!!!! I had to prepare myself for this diet. so many times i have tried to rush into and given up in the same day! for this one i sat down and prepared myself. im nearly at the end of my first week now and ive not given up or cheated. i personally really do think its because i got prepared. i thought about what figure i would like to have, what i was going to do if i started craving etc. hope this helps hun :) xxxx

If I want a snack what I do at the moment is have a drink of water or no added sugar squash, I usually find it helps fill my stomach up. When you go to the shop try looking for the healthy snacks like granola bars and start that way.

I know it's hard trust me I've been there too, It has taken me a long time to cut out, I still treat myself occasionally otherwise whats the point!!!

I have kept the empty wrappers in my car every time I look at them I think to myself god I used to eat all that?! maybe try keeping all the wrappers somewhere only you can see them it may help you see whats your putting into your body. Hope this helps a little, no one ever said this would be easy otherwise we would all be thin!

Good Luck!

Iv actually managed to lose a stone since posting this and I am really happy however I have done it through slim fast milkshakes so I kind of feel like its not proper weight loss as I am sure when I start eating properly again I will put it all back on!!

Hey, that's fab news! I did slim fast a few years ago when I did stop I never had a problem of piling it back on. I did put tit back on but ti was a year later due to stressful personal life etc so nothing to do with the shakes I find they work well.

Keep it up! Really pleased for you!

Iv actually managed to lose a stone since posting this and I am really happy however I have done it through slim fast milkshakes so I kind of feel like its not proper weight loss as I am sure when I start eating properly again I will put it all back on!!

Im doing slim fast an just started replacing one shake with food and im still loosing . If you go back to old ways the weight will come on no matter what diet it is . Just move on to calorie counting and slowly up calories till your maintaining dont worry about it too much x

Back