ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY

Bernice

Silver Member
Hi All.........................for many years I have recognised that I have an addictive personality but it is selective. For example I have never had a problem with alcohol, drugs or ciggies :yuk:but anything else I tend to do to excess or to an extreme. I remember once when my friend had her baby I sat up all night knitting a cardigan for him because I physically could not put it down until it was done.............subsequently now I do not Knit. My obsessional focus now is dominated by my weight, food & exercise. I am trying hard to curb this by being 100% on the diet (so not having to think about food), not weighing every day (or 2 or 3 or 4 times) and not testing for ketones (the same amount) and the exercise bit is self limiting because of my poorly knees (caused by years of high impact stuff.....done to excess). However, over the last few days the ketone fetish has raised it's ugly head and I have been testing frequently and I have learned a valuable lesson!!!!! I have been 100% and in ketosis for a while now but yesterday I tested negative all day :cry:and I was racking & racking my brains to figure out what I had done but I had done nothing. This morning the pink has returned!!!!!!! So the moral of this tale is don't do any of these things to cause yourself
unnecessary stress.........if you are being 100% you WILL be in ketosis you WILL lose weight and you WILL get to goal. Good luck one and all. xxxx;):winner:

Dont bother with the sticks they dont work properly!!
Yes they test for ketones but if you have drunk alot of water before testing it dilutes the result and gives false readings.

I know what you mean about addictive personality though as I feel I have one too.
When it comes to food I am either bingeing all the time or dieting all the time, I dont seem to have a middle ground!

When I quit smoking I used the Allen Carr book and literally quit as I read the last page and honestly know I will never light up again in my life! He also does a book called no more diets which I have ordered and am waiting for and I am hoping it will work as well as the smoking book and stop my food addiction :rolleyes:

Great thread!

I am not sure if I am addictive but more "Obsessive" It's like when I decide on a new project (whim) I go ALL out and it consumes my days constantly, at the moment exante is my new obsession but the difference is this time, I can see it "Giving back" The results on the scales tell me its ok to be obsessed with this latest project ;)

Oh I can relate every stage in my life I have been obsessed with something, dieting was the main issue but as you ladies I have no middle ground. For example last summer I got hooked in blogging for money, did that for a month 24/7 researching, writing etc now it is gathering dust in the online world.

When I first started Exante I was obsessed, with everything, and I lived in this forum, now luckily exante is in the background, I am still 100% on it but I have been stressed with what happening in Egypt and having political debates almost all day that I am sick from stress.

Back