Adice needed on saving points please

slimmarach

will be size 10
:confused: Hi. I have been doing w.w for 5 weeks now and up to now haven't used any saved points. My weekly allowance is 189 / 27 daily . Anyway i wasn't feeling hungry yesterday and only used 12 points. I know that is way too low but just didn't feel great. Woke this morning feeling so so hungry and have used 36 points,10 of which were on cookies, i know that is bad, not my usual kind of thing at all, i think i was craving sugar as i had eaten to little yesterday. Anyway what i need to know is will this affect my weight loss? I usually use 20-22 points per day out of my 27 and don't use up the saved points which so far as been ok and i have had good losses, will todays 9 points over allowance affect my loss if i am not using saved points any other days? Sorry to drag on , hope you get what i am saying ? lol !:confused:

I don't think it will affect your loss this week, but you are only supposed to save 4 per day which must be used by the end of the week. I was told to use all my points over the week because as we lose weight our points reduce and if our bodies are used to fewer points then we might have to cut them down further,hope that made sense!!
Use your saved points and have a few glasses of wine or some chocolate,enjoy all your points!!!

You really do need to use more points. It doesn't necessarily mean eating more it could just mean swapping things. It will start affecting your weight loss though. What kind of things do you eat what's a typical days menu?

Thanks. I know they do say that you should use them all . I just find it hard some days to use them all. I think it is because i am using the filling foods list religously and i am not getting that between meals hunger. I am going to buy some extra strawberries and things like that this week and add them to cereals and bump up my points. Thanks.x

You really do need to use more points. It doesn't necessarily mean eating more it could just mean swapping things. It will start affecting your weight loss though. What kind of things do you eat what's a typical days menu?
A typical day is breakfast= cereal or banana toastie , 2 points . lunch= zero point soup with w.w bread and a yoghurt or w.w biscuit , 4-5 points
dinner= chicken , baked potato sweetcorn, dessert w.w mousse, 9 points.
I drink water, don't like tea or coffee so no points used on drinks . Snacks maybe 4 points
so daily total will be 20 points on average

Last edited:
A typical day is breakfast= cereal or banana toastie , 2 points . lunch= zero point soup with w.w bread and a yoghurt or w.w biscuit , 4-5 points
dinner= chicken , baked potato sweetcorn, dessert w.w mousse, 9 points.
I drink water, don't like tea or coffee so no points used on drinks . Snacks maybe 4 points
so daily total will be 20 points on average

You really need to eat more than that.. you should be aiming for 24 - 27 a day.

Id give up the WW bread and use regular bread, WW bread is half a point normal bread around 1.5 so theres 1 point per slice.

Same as WW biscuits and yoghurts. Forget them. Have a normal biscuit and a yoghurt with more cals.

2 slices of WW bread - 1 point
2 slices of other bread - 3 points

WW biscuits - 1.5 biscuits
Chocolate biscuit etc - 3/4 points

WW yoghurt - 0.5 points
Muller yoghurt - 1.5 points

WW mousse - 1.5/2 points?
WW frozen desserts - 3.5/4 points

Theres 6/7 extra points with not eating any more, just changing what youre eating :)

Thanks Starlight that is very helpful. I will do that. I think it is that silly notion we all get that if we aren't starving we aren't dieting lol ! Actually when i look back at my losses , the week when i lost most weight was the week i ate the most points. Makes sense now.

Back