Adults who <3 YA fiction!

Mini_Mog

Silver Member
Does anyone else love young adult fiction? I've read some absolutely brilliant books recently aimed at young adults- The Hunger Games, Delerium, Harry potter....

Really do love them, a lot of them are appealing to adults as well as older teenagers. Any other fans? And which books have you enjoyed?

Yep, Most of the books I've loved recently have been ya!!

What is the official description for a ya?

17 lost : 50 to goal

fizzyfluff said:
Yep, Most of the books I've loved recently have been ya!!

What is the official description for a ya?

I don't know, but I love that a lot of them are either dystopias or fantasy.

I think they are supposedly books that bridge the gap between kids and adult fiction.

I'm really end to those topics, it's coming you know and I'm just trying to be prepared lol!!

Someone recommended yesterdays gone, it seems like a big series but the first one is free on amazon, reviews seem good

fizzyfluff said:
I'm really end to those topics, it's coming you know and I'm just trying to be prepared lol!!

Someone recommended yesterdays gone, it seems like a big series but the first one is free on amazon, reviews seem good

It sounds quite good. Look's like its an American style series with short episodes rather than full books.

I've never read a series like that, seems a bit pointless. Bit like the hunger games, kinda thought they could have squeezed it into one book!

fizzyfluff said:
I've never read a series like that, seems a bit pointless. Bit like the hunger games, kinda thought they could have squeezed it into one book!

The hunger games needed 3 I think, 1 or 2 books would have rushed the ending.

Stephen king has done some books where a chapter is released at a time, like a magazine type thing almost. Ive never seen it here though.

So I've nearly finished the fifty shades series and wondering whether to start divergent by Veronica Roth (a YA dystopia) or the mortal instruments series by Cassandra Clare.....

I'm a lover of YA fiction and have read twilight, mortal instrument, infernal devices, the fallen series, loved them all and have got hunger games and 50 shades to read!!

Has anyone given a book called "the uglies" a go? Can't remember who it's by but saw it in supermarket and didn't know wether to buy it!?Think it's first of a series x

Kayleehollie said:
I'm a lover of YA fiction and have read twilight, mortal instrument, infernal devices, the fallen series, loved them all and have got hunger games and 50 shades to read!!

Has anyone given a book called "the uglies" a go? Can't remember who it's by but saw it in supermarket and didn't know wether to buy it!?Think it's first of a series x

I've got that on my kindle but not started yet. It looks good. It's a series of 4 books.

I'm also a fan! Just started book two in the hunger games series. Going to read "pure' next as recommended by fizzy above. Then maybe the "uglies" as suggested above x

I read uglies, was okay, I want to read the others but don't think it's worth paying 4.99 each for them!

Taken a bit of a break and reading some chick lit, but got birthmarked lined up to read next

20 lost : 47 to goal

fizzyfluff said:
I read uglies, was okay, I want to read the others but don't think it's worth paying 4.99 each for them!

Taken a bit of a break and reading some chick lit, but got birthmarked lined up to read next

Birthmarked? Never heard of that either. X

Same end of the world idea, has got good reviews on amazon. The centre girl is a midwife to the poor group and has to select babies to give to the 'advanced' group. Can't wait to get started

fizzyfluff said:
Same end of the world idea, has got good reviews on amazon. The centre girl is a midwife to the poor group and has to select babies to give to the 'advanced' group. Can't wait to get started

Sounds good x

I love The Hunger Games and Harry Potter! :D

Just started Divergent by Veronica Roth. It's supposed to be a very good book for people who enjoyed the hunger games:)

Back