Adults who <3 YA fiction!

Lol thats what I thought.you really have the same taste in books as me lol. Definitely check out the host by stephanie meyer.and stick with it I found it a little hard to get into but then it was excellent

I really enjoyed The Host, did take a little while to ge into but worth sticking too!

Cassandra Clare's books didn't enthral me at all! I think I gave up by book 3 of the City of books.

I enjoyed Delirium by Lauren Oliver and Wither by Lauren DeStefano.

Has any one read the Gone series by Michael Grant?

I love YA books! My fave being Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. I am currently up to the third Hunger Games book but can't seem to get into it and have given up on it for now. I am now looking for a new book to read and was thinking about Divergent as people on here seem to give it good reviews.

I love YA books! My fave being Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. I am currently up to the third Hunger Games book but can't seem to get into it and have given up on it for now. I am now looking for a new book to read and was thinking about Divergent as people on here seem to give it good reviews.

Love the divergent series :) also delirium is a great book too x

So glad I found this thread.
I love YA fiction, my favourites being The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, and A Song of Ice and Fire series. I find it really hard to move away from books I love and re-read them, but I'd really like to start branching out and try different ones. It seems Divergent and Mortal Instruments have come out top on here so I might give them a whirl. I like YA books because they're easy and enjoyable, they don't require too much brain power, and I need books like that when taking a break from studying. Thanks! :)

I love it too, after reading the hunger games I'm struggling to find something similar that is as good - any suggestions ?

I recommend the divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth (third one has been newly released) and the Delerium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver.
Thanks that's great will get them for the kindle , I'm reading. Noughts and crosses just now that's a good one

Last edited:
I have read quite a lot of YF. Obviously Harry potter, twilight series and hunger games. A few others I really enjoyed (some already mentioned in thread) the host by Stephanie Meyer. Gone series by Michael grant, northern lights series by Phillip Pullman, Aragon series by Christopher Paulini. They are some off the top of my head but I loved all those. If I think of more ill let everyone know :)

I am halfway through the Gone series and need to get back to it. The Knife of Never letting go trilogy is great too, by Patrick Ness. Love Twilight, Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. I'll need to have a good read through this to get more ideas ?

Reading divergent. Almost finished already!! So easy to read.

I'm going to read divergent soon. Love YA books. One of my fave series is 'The Enemy' by Charlie Higson. All about zombies and stuff. Read Unwind recently. Neal Shusterman (not sure of spelling) I think wrote that series. Really enjoyed the first book so have downloaded the others in the series.

Just finished divergent and straight away downloading the next one in the series. Thanks to all that recommended it. I'm loving it!

Finished insurgent. Onto the last one in the series allegiant now :)

I've just finished the legend trilogy by Maria Lu .. Cried during the last book, cracking series xx

Hi ya all I'm so happy I found this thread I love these books just about to start the gone series so looking forward to that, lots of great books mentioned on the thread and I've added loads of the recommendations to my kindle wish list xx

Back