Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

you''ll be fine, the first week is always the worst
XxX

olise said:
you''ll be fine, the first week is always the worst
XxX

Hope so on way now so watch this space x

3lb gone woo hoo lol x

Hi all

Is it too late to join in? I've been looking a challenge. I'd like to lose 18lbs for Christmas. I update my stats every week but will post on here too, if I'm not too late.

Good luck ladies and gents :D

Punk_Pixie said:
Hi all

Is it too late to join in? I've been looking a challenge. I'd like to lose 18lbs for Christmas. I update my stats every week but will post on here too, if I'm not too late.

Good luck ladies and gents :/QUOTE]

Ok no probs PP! I will add u when I get to a computer! X

I hope your not trying to say im not a fabulous young lass :8855:
Ah, now that's the 6 million dollar question, isn't it? :8855:
Especially as I don't know your age or seen a piccie of you!!!!!

Hi all, am I too late to join? I've been losing really steadily until the start of September, when I started to drift a bit and have had a cople of sts weeks although no gains. This would really help me to keep focused. I'd like to lose 18lbs by Christmas, then I can start 2012 with a nearly 6 stone loss (don't think I can lose quickly enough to reach that by Christmas!!)

Hi all

Good luck ladies and gents :D

Hi littlemeercat and Punk_Pixie - of course it's not too late to join.
I've added you on my list and I'm sure Hevs will add you to hers too!

Wow, funcurls, two years is fab! I still can't quite believe I've been on the Slimming World plan for almost 9 months... I can't wait to get to a year, that'll be a real milestone :)
Rachel - your weight loss in the last 9 months has been brilliant. If my maths is right, you've lost 57.5 lbs since January. That's going some. I've average less than a pound a week in the same time. :wave_cry:

I've been at it 5 years !!!!:8855:
Okay - 16 months to lose 2 stone. Then a 3 & a bit year break when I stuck to SW rules and maintained - now another 9 months to lose the rest!

I agree with Heather, SW is a way of life - and will be life-long for me. Otherwise I will just end up where I was 5 years ago! Fat and unhappy. No way am I going back there. :D

Last edited:
The time flies by doesn't it!! I know we're all vulnerable to weight gain and losing it isn't the end of our woes (it's a life-long thing we have to keep on top of!) but I'm a strong believer that the longer we keep up the SW plan the more likely it is for it to become engrained in us and a natural lifestyle rather than 'a diet'!! Well done on keeping it up!! You'll be so delighted when you reach your target and it doesn't matter when it happens as long as it does!!! X

Time does fly, I agree! I think it's because SW is such an easy plan to follow - so little counting or weighing. I just adore it :)

I can't wait to hit target! But unlike previous diets, I definitely feel like I could just carry on eating the SW way. It' s definitely a lifestyle rather than a 'diet', you're right :D

3lb gone woo hoo lol x

Well done you!

Rachel - your weight loss in the last 9 months has been brilliant. If my maths is right, you've lost 57.5 lbs since January. That's going some. I've average less than a pound a week in the same time. :wave_cry:

I've been at it 5 years !!!!:8855:
Okay - 16 months to lose 2 stone. Then a 3 & a bit year break when I stuck to SW rules and maintained - now another 9 months to lose the rest!

I agree with Heather, SW is a way of life
- and will be life-long for me. Otherwise I will just end up where I was 5 years ago! Fat and unhappy. No way am I going back there. :D

Thank you! Yup, I've lost 4st 1.5lbs this year so far :D But your weight loss journey has been pretty fab as well - maintaining your weight during your three year break from losing is so amazing! I'm in awe! You must feel so confident that you'll be able to stay at target once you get there :)

I am DEFINITELY never going back to fat and unhappy - and I was so unhealthy, too. Constant stomach problems, out of breath with the slightest effort, bad skin, chub rub in summer... ugh, I am so happy to be healthier than I was then! Life is good! :D

I can't wait to hit target! But unlike previous diets, I definitely feel like I could just carry on eating the SW way. It' s definitely a lifestyle rather than a 'diet', you're right :D

Totally agree :) There are a few things that I'll add in once I hit target (1/4 avocado will magically become a HexB and fruit will be okay blended ;) ), but for the most part it should be easy to carry on.

Great idea, Ive got a stone left to lose to reach target which is my 50th birthday on Christmas Eve so what better than to reach it then :> )
Welcome Geordiegirl1892 - great to have you with us.

Not sure how to keep up on here lol need some advice thanx : > )
It's simple - chat away with us all during the week and ejnoy the banter - vent your frustrations (I certainly do! :eek:) and on your weight day just report in with how much you've lost (or gained . . . :wave_cry:).
Funcurls (aka Hevs/Heather) and I do all the hard work. She keeps the very first post up to date, tracking our weekly losses and totals, and I'll post last thing Sunday night with a summary, weekly round up and awards ceremony !!! :D

Simples !!!

Oh and - first weight day is next Monday. This week is just for getting to know each other. And that is certainly going well.

Welcome Geordiegirl1892 - great to have you with us.

It's simple - chat away with us all during the week - vent your frustrations (I certainly do! :eek:) and on your weight day just report in with how much you've lost (or gained . . . :wave_cry:).
Funcurls (aka Hevs/Heather) and I do all the hard work. She keeps the very first post up to date, tracking our weekly losses and totals, and I'll post last thing Sunday night witha weekly round up and awards ceremony !!! :D

Simples !!!
awards ceremony sounds excitin :p

Thats easier said than done i cant find the page im putting my messages on lol, can someone add me and keep me right lol
click userCP to find when theres new posts on thats wot i do lol :)

Back