Advice about what I can eat needed (have joined SW but not sure about the stuff below

AllyKat

Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I'm going out with friends tomorrow and I think we'll be having lunch. I've found a 50% off voucher for slug and lettuce so was hoping to go there.

I've looked at the menus online and these are the salad. Have been trying to work out the syn value (Green or original). I could do an original day and count the meat/egg as free and the salad part and the parmesan or similar could be a 'healthy extra option A' but totally unsure about how to try and assess the dressing/extras. Any advice??

Knowing my friends they will want to go to Bettys as well but cost-reasons if nothing esle I'll be sticking to a drink!

My taste buds like the look of the salmon salad...

TUNA NIÇOISE
Grilled tuna steak with sautéed new potatoes and vine tomatoes, served on herb-oil-dressed seasonal salad leaves, with green beans, olives and free-range egg.
£8.25CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD
Cos lettuce, drizzled in a Caesar dressing, topped with grilled chicken, Parmesan shavings and cro˚tons.
£5.75£8.75WITHOUT GRILLED CHICKEN
£4.95£7.95FISHCAKE SALAD
Choose crab & prawn fishcake or Mexican-style spiced salmon fishcake, served with a beetroot & herb-oil-dressed salad and lemon mayo.
£4.95£7.95
Any help/advice very gratefully received!!!

Not sure about the syn values of those hun, but just looking at their menu and if you wanted something else other than salad then go for it.

The Sicilian Style Chicken looks like a good choice -Chicken breast, wrapped in prosciutto ham, filled with mozzarella, sun-blushed tomato, pine nut & basil pesto and served on sautéed potato and onion, with a delicious Italian tomato sauce.

chicken breast free
the ham ( i think its a bit like parma ham which is 0.5 syns per 28g which is a fair bit)
mozzarella (HEA)
Pesto is 2.5 syns per tbsp
Potatoes would be a HEB

obviously you dont know whether they use oil etc in the sauce but its still quite low in syns and probably a bit more substantial, the problem with salads is the dressing xx

Thank you! I ended up having tostada which sounded fine - balsamic vinegar, salad/veg(guessing some oil), goats cheese (HEX) and tortilla. Only when I got home and looked up the tortillia I found it 3was 11 SYNS! Have ended up with 20 syns today....... was under 15 yesterday and will save a few tomorrow. (I had Christmas Day off so want to be good the rest of the time).

As long as you had a good time and enjoyed going out with your friend hun. Flexi syns are good for meals out and treats :) x

I know it's a bit late, but might help for the future.

I quite often go for pasta, something like salmon pasta is quite good & very filling!! have a green day, count the salmon as a heb, and the sauce probably has cream in it, so I allow 10 syns for this.

HTH

Back