advice and help needed from you experts

natalieann

Silver Member
hey all ive been here before but mostly on lipotrim, anyway last summer i lost 3stone on lipotrim then came to atkins to lose the last stone, i was only losing 1lb a week on this so went back to shakes, and failed that gained two stones back of the 3, im back on lipotrim but just feel really down and low, keep cheating and losing a few lbs then gaining the back, im stuck and feel i might want to rejoin atkins, only prob is last time i could not get the hang on of and didnt keep to under 20grams of carbs, i found it so hard to work it all out, i did remain in ketosis thought but losses were slow, i need to lose 2.2lbs a week from now till my holiday to get this 2 stone back off, can you please advice on how best to count so i keep under 20 grams, and is 2.2lbs doable if i stay in induction phase

2.2 pounds a week is doable. I'd advise you not to stay on induction until goal though because the weight will go back on and you need to move through the phases to keep it off.

As for your carb counting, post your menus up here and we'll tweak them/ok them the night before! You'll soon get the hang of it.

Read the stickies at the top of the page, especially 'so your thinking of starting Atkins'. Explains it all. Good luck & keep posting :D

Hi Natalieann, I empathise with you as I know it just *so* difficult to get back into SSing once you have had a break - been trying to do it myself recently, and then dithering doing Atkins for a week and chopping and changing between that and SSing. And in a month not losing anything, just back to square one! So you're not alone!

There are things I didn't realise abut Atkins, eg cream and cheese can stall your loss, so coming on here and getting support is really helpful :)

You *can* do it!

hey thanks everyone, im seriously considering giving at a proper go from tomorrow, im going to market to buy loads of meats, is there any i should steer clear of in induction? veg and things

Hi Natalieann, I empathise with you as I know it just *so* difficult to get back into SSing once you have had a break - been trying to do it myself recently, and then dithering doing Atkins for a week and chopping and changing between that and SSing. And in a month not losing anything, just back to square one! So you're not alone!

There are things I didn't realise abut Atkins, eg cream and cheese can stall your loss, so coming on here and getting support is really helpful :)

You *can* do it!

yes hun this is me allover, chopping and changing from tfr to slimming world to atkins and lose maybe 3lbs then gain in back, ive been around 13 stone just under or over now for months

Well we'll stick to this together! :) re the veg, I'm tending to stay safe with salad, or broccoli, i find it easier that way. There's a sticky which I think is called 'so you're thinking of starting atkins' which has a great list of veg etc.

cabbage is great and kale as is cauli cos you can make cauli rice or mash with that xxx

Courgettes and aubergine are also part of my staple veggies - go really well with barbequed meat;)

I love sweetheart cabbage.

Well we'll stick to this together! :) re the veg, I'm tending to stay safe with salad, or broccoli, i find it easier that way. There's a sticky which I think is called 'so you're thinking of starting atkins' which has a great list of veg etc.

cabbage is great and kale as is cauli cos you can make cauli rice or mash with that xxx

Courgettes and aubergine are also part of my staple veggies - go really well with barbequed meat;)

I love sweetheart cabbage.

pots carrots parsnips
hey everyone thanks for all the tips, ill deffo be buying all this tomorrow, gona sit after my bath and write it all down for my shopping list tomorrow

yes do tell ............... did you get out the bath ? xx

Back